Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling

Im going to be honest,I was not a big Ryan Mallet fan last year,think he made a lot of dumb mistakes in college when it come to his decisions on the field.He threw some terrible interceptions when the ball shouldnt have been forced. But,with that said,I was dissapointed when we had the chance last year to take him and didnt.

I know what I said about his decsion making above,but the kid has a live arm,and we at least would have been able to work with him and coach him up in that area and hopefully got him making smarter decisions with the football,and at least we wouldnt be in this shape now at very possibly not even getting a top QB prospect in the draft after Barkleys not coming out,RG 3 may not,and I wasnt a big Laundry Jones fan,but he's not coming out either now. I just think it was a huge mistake to not take Mallet last year and at least work with the kid and maybe develop him.Now,even if we do make a move and talk someone into trading the top pick for the chance to get Luck,it is going to cost tons no matter what,or how many 1's and 2's we have to end up trading for it,or players as well.

get ready for another long season in 2012 if matt moore is your starting qb...all you guys thinking this kids gonna rise to a franchise like level are just foolish...we'll be middle of the pack again best case...

nothing against the guy but he's not getting us over the hump either...more treading damn water

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/23/2558490/matt-barkleys-choice-could-have.html

If it is impossible to get Andrew Luck, the Fins simply need to be patient and select VERY GOOD football players in this draft. Do not force the issue by trading the "farm" for RGIII (who also might not come out either btw). The 2013 draft is going to be LOADED with talent in terms of QB's. Don't give up so much today (unless it is Luck) or pigeonhole yourself by taking a Tannehill #7 while constricting yourself in the 2013 draft. Be patient!

Fin Fans and especially Stephen Ross needs to step away from the ledge and look what can improve the team's performance...yes, a qb that is elite will help like nothing else, but there is a great chance none will be available. Don't force the QB issue.

Improve the team with a pass rusher, starting caliber CB, a rock solid RT or playmaking WR's. All would help this teams performance.

There are some solid vets available at QB in FA. We already have a qb that is hovering around 90 QB Rating. Maybe take a flier on a senior QB. However, do not give up a ton of future picks for RGIII or worse reach for a QB in the top 10.

imo i we cant draft a franchise QB Then i say we go after Matt Flynn he is the next best thing maybe we can trade a 2nd and a couple players to the pack for him.

Point taken, but part of my argument is that Plunkett turned out to be pretty good because he had rare talent and he got healthy. If he was an average talent, he probably never would have won a thing. There are guys that fall bloom later, Rich Gannon comes to mind, but I can't think of many that have led a team deep into the playoffs or to be a SB winner.

Facts are that because the game has changed, most SB winners require you have an elite QB. Brady proves they can be found anywhere but your chance are significantly higher finding one in the first round. Unfortunately, with Barkley staying, it likely won't be our year to find one.

Kurt Warner definitely comes to mind.....It's just so cliche to be negative as a Dolphins fan, look at every mistake and then pay no attention to all the positives. We have alot of pieces, I say add those special pieces in the 1st and 2nd this year, to put talent around Moore, and the QB we select in 2013......Their are def more QB's who have been succesful as 1st rd picks than other rounds no doubt, but there also have been major QB busts in the first round more so than any other round.

Stats don't tell you everything. Put Matt Moore on the road in a two minute drive to win a game and he throws a pick. See the Giants game. Maybe he can do it against the Pats, I'd love to see that. Matt Moore is fine when you don't put him under pressure. But if you pressure him, he is very sub-par. That's not good enough. The kid is limited.

I agree that Ryan is over-rated. But the fact remains that he has a heck of a record and looks playoff bound again this season. Matt Moore is 5-5 this season.

I like Matt Moore and maybe he can develop to some degree. But there is no evidence that he can be a winning quarterback as of now.

I think we should look at the past 7 games when judging Moore, the first 3 were like pre-season play for him.

get ready for another long season in 2012 if matt moore is your starting qb...all you guys thinking this kids gonna rise to a franchise like level are just foolish...we'll be middle of the pack again best case...

nothing against the guy but he's not getting us over the hump either...more treading damn water

You're basing on this what evidence? Has this kid not impressed in the last 7 games? What has he done? Let's see for starters he takes over for a guy at a point where the franchise already was morally down loosing the first 3 straight games. He has had less then a year to learn a system that has been implemented less then a year ago (Brian Daboll was just hired this past offseason). Granted he has beat mediocre teams at best but we couldn't even do that with Henne this year. I think if anything this kid has earned his shot at competing for the starting QB position next year.

Back
Top Bottom