Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling

Best option may be to trade down get an extra pick for 2013, and build around Matt Moore for 2012. Sucks, but Miami may not have a choice.

I don't think that Moore will carry the team to the Superbowl but he can darned sure make us competative. If we can't get Luck or RGIII for a reasonable trade then we need to get a stud RT or OLB in round 1, possibly trading down to do so. Then we need to look at Tannehill, Weeden, and Keenum to develop behind Moore for a year or two.

2013 draft will be a tremendous draft for qb's. Don't mortgage the future or get locked in with a questionable QB this year.

How long are we supposed to wait for a QB? I see some people saying "wait till 2013 or beyond." Haven't we waited long enough?
I'm not saying we shouldn't pick a QB now, My point is; Not to reach for a QB with a top 10 pick in 2012 just to satisfy the fan base!!! I'm all for taking a QB in 2012, perhaps later in round 1, IF Miami trades down ... or perhaps in round 2 or 3 when a guy like Foles or Lindley might be available and let him sit a year to see what he can learn and hopefully develop!!! I wouldn't want to take a lesser QB at say #8-#10 and pass up a better prospect like a Kirkpatrick, Upshaw or Decastro ... each one of those players would also fill a need ... and quite possibly become all star's ... 2013 looks to be shaping up to be a QB class with several candidates that could be top 10 -15 picks, with Barkley being #1 overall ... lets just wait and see!!! I might be in the minority, with letting Moore continue in the starters role in 2012 and hopefully continue winning ... lets not forget Pat Devlin, he COULD be something, this next offseason could tell us fans alot about him!!! We already know Bowles likes him!!!

Thanks KB, Your research has given credence to my theory, that Matt Moore COULD be one of those late blooming QB's, I referenced, in another tread!!! Someone like Jim Plunkett, a guy that didn't get much credit until he was in the middle of his career, and eventually won a super bowl ... I have no idea how this will all play out come draft day .. but I'm with you on holding off until 2013 or beyond to WAIT on the RIGHT QB prospect to be selected!!! not just some QB to satisfy the fan base!!!

You know, there are LOTS of similarities. I honestly never looked at Matt Moore as being Jim Plunkettesque...but there are indeed LOTS of similarities.

For those mentioning Plunkett as a guy that turned out to be pretty good, you may want to know he was the FIRST pick in the '71 draft. His skill set was significantly better than Moore's as he had a huge arm and was highly mobile when not injured. He was considered one of the best prospects of his time. Moore was an undrafted FA and has neither of these skill sets at a high level. Not picking on Moore here as I like him as a solid QB. I just don't see him as a guy to lead us deep into the playoffs unless we garner a defense like the Ravens or Bucs SB years.

I would agree however that he's good enough where we shouldn't reach or give up our future for a guy like RGIII. I would think hard about giving up the farm for Luck however. Irony here is the Plunkett/Luck similarities especially given they both attended Stanford and were highly touted prospects.

For those mentioning Plunkett as a guy that turned out to be pretty good, you may want to know he was the FIRST pick in the '71 draft. His skill set was significantly better than Moore's as he had a huge arm and was highly mobile when not injured. He was considered one of the best prospects of his time. Moore was an undrafted FA and has neither of these skill sets at a high level. Not picking on Moore here as I like him as a solid QB. I just don't see him as a guy to lead us deep into the playoffs unless we garner a defense like the Ravens or Bucs SB years.

I would agree however that he's good enough where we shouldn't reach or give up our future for a guy like RGIII. I would think hard about giving up the farm for Luck however. Irony here is the Plunkett/Luck similarities especially given they both attended Stanford and were highly touted prospects.
My reference to Plunkett was more about Plunkett being a late bloomer during his career .. he didn't live up to his status after being #1 overall .. he developed later in his career!!! There is where my reference to Plunkett and Moore is .. it has nothing to due with mobility and draft status ... the reference was made in regards to Moore possibly being a late bloomer!!!

They had their chance last year and blew it. Now they might be scrambling?

Please, these are some of the biggest clowns any fan could witness.

They made their bed, sleep in it.

My reference to Plunkett was more about Plunkett being a late bloomer during his career .. he didn't live up to his status after being #1 overall .. he developed later in his career!!! There is where my reference to Plunkett and Moore is .. it has nothing to due with mobility and draft status ... the reference was made in regards to Moore possibly being a late bloomer!!!

Point taken, but part of my argument is that Plunkett turned out to be pretty good because he had rare talent and he got healthy. If he was an average talent, he probably never would have won a thing. There are guys that fall bloom later, Rich Gannon comes to mind, but I can't think of many that have led a team deep into the playoffs or to be a SB winner.

Facts are that because the game has changed, most SB winners require you have an elite QB. Brady proves they can be found anywhere but your chance are significantly higher finding one in the first round. Unfortunately, with Barkley staying, it likely won't be our year to find one.

I'm not saying we shouldn't pick a QB now, My point is; Not to reach for a QB with a top 10 pick in 2012 just to satisfy the fan base!!! I'm all for taking a QB in 2012, perhaps later in round 1, IF Miami trades down ... or perhaps in round 2 or 3 when a guy like Foles or Lindley might be available and let him sit a year to see what he can learn and hopefully develop!!! I wouldn't want to take a lesser QB at say #8-#10 and pass up a better prospect like a Kirkpatrick, Upshaw or Decastro ... each one of those players would also fill a need ... and quite possibly become all star's ... 2013 looks to be shaping up to be a QB class with several candidates that could be top 10 -15 picks, with Barkley being #1 overall ... lets just wait and see!!! I might be in the minority, with letting Moore continue in the starters role in 2012 and hopefully continue winning ... lets not forget Pat Devlin, he COULD be something, this next offseason could tell us fans alot about him!!! We already know Bowles likes him!!!

MFING PAT DEVLIN?!?!?! Put off drafting the highest rated QB we can get because of PAT MFING DEVLIN?!?! Please tell me you don't want this.

Dre Kirkpatrick or Courtney Upshaw with the first then grab my man Brandon Weeden in the second if he is still on the board.

I want the best Receiver that is there when we pick, but I also hope we get a chance and pull the trigger on Weeden. If we get 7-10 solid to better then solid season out of him, nobody will care what we miss out on in this QB class.

Remember a year ago when I kept arguing that the 2011 quarterbacks class is chalk full of talent and it would be foolish for the Dolphins not to dip into that talent based on some belief that the 2012 class would for sure be better?

Just sayin.

Remember a year ago when I kept arguing that the 2011 quarterbacks class is chalk full of talent and it would be foolish for the Dolphins not to dip into that talent based on some belief that the 2012 class would for sure be better?

Just sayin.

I still think Ireland's worst transgression was not grabbing Mallett when he slipped to the bargain bin.

Back
Top Bottom