Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/23/2558490/matt-barkleys-choice-could-have.html

If it is impossible to get Andrew Luck, the Fins simply need to be patient and select VERY GOOD football players in this draft. Do not force the issue by trading the "farm" for RGIII (who also might not come out either btw). The 2013 draft is going to be LOADED with talent in terms of QB's. Don't give up so much today (unless it is Luck) or pigeonhole yourself by taking a Tannehill #7 while constricting yourself in the 2013 draft. Be patient!

Fin Fans and especially Stephen Ross needs to step away from the ledge and look what can improve the team's performance...yes, a qb that is elite will help like nothing else, but there is a great chance none will be available. Don't force the QB issue.

Improve the team with a pass rusher, starting caliber CB, a rock solid RT or playmaking WR's. All would help this teams performance.

There are some solid vets available at QB in FA. We already have a qb that is hovering around 90 QB Rating. Maybe take a flier on a senior QB. However, do not give up a ton of future picks for RGIII or worse reach for a QB in the top 10.

Mando is 100% correct. We will scramble for a QB but we'll probably take a BPA in the first and then settle for something average in the second round and relive the past four seasons all over again.

Dre Kirkpatrick or Courtney Upshaw with the first then grab my man Brandon Weeden in the second if he is still on the board.

its actually good advice. but I guess you might've been happy with gabbert this last draft?

Sure it's good advice, just as refrigerating Milk and not shooting yourself in the head is good advice.

I don't have issue with what he's saying, I just have issue that He's actually being paid money to come out and say it.

The Dolphins need to draft good football players? Really? Arm-And-Oh is Freakin NostraDUMBA$$

Dre Kirkpatrick or Courtney Upshaw with the first then grab my man Brandon Weeden in the second if he is still on the board.

I really like Weeden but I honestly don't see him lasting till the 2nd.

My ideal would be to trade down about...ohhhhh 15 spots (Probably 2 trades) still pick up Weeden and have extra first day picks.

Best option may be to trade down get an extra pick for 2013, and build around Matt Moore for 2012. Sucks, but Miami may not have a choice.

I really like Weeden but I honestly don't see him lasting till the 2nd.

My ideal would be to trade down about...ohhhhh 15 spots (Probably 2 trades) still pick up Weeden and have extra first day picks.
I tend to agree that he'll move up after his pro day and the combine. It will be interesting to see it play out.

Best option may be to trade down get an extra pick for 2013, and build around Matt Moore for 2012. Sucks, but Miami may not have a choice.

I like this idea IF IF IF we have no shot at trading up for Luck. The thought of taking a QB that isn't worthy/project disgusts me, mainly because we'll be saddled with him for the next four years just like we were with Henne. WAITING SUCKS, but if its a choice between waiting for 2013 or taking an iffy QB right now I'd vote to wait.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/23/2558490/matt-barkleys-choice-could-have.html

If it is impossible to get Andrew Luck, the Fins simply need to be patient and select VERY GOOD football players in this draft. Do not force the issue by trading the "farm" for RGIII (who also might not come out either btw). The 2013 draft is going to be LOADED with talent in terms of QB's. Don't give up so much today (unless it is Luck) or pigeonhole yourself by taking a Tannehill #7 while constricting yourself in the 2013 draft. Be patient!

Fin Fans and especially Stephen Ross needs to step away from the ledge and look what can improve the team's performance...yes, a qb that is elite will help like nothing else, but there is a great chance none will be available. Don't force the QB issue.

Improve the team with a pass rusher, starting caliber CB, a rock solid RT or playmaking WR's. All would help this teams performance.

There are some solid vets available at QB in FA. We already have a qb that is hovering around 90 QB Rating. Maybe take a flier on a senior QB. However, do not give up a ton of future picks for RGIII or worse reach for a QB in the top 10.

Yea your right there is always next year its been that way since Marino retired so why do anything now if not next year than the year after hell we have time we not dead yet

So it will probably be another o-lineman that we draft in the first round. Or we allow someone to to trade spots with us for picks in next years draft. Pull a Bill Belichick and stock pile a ton of picks for next year.

Yea your right there is always next year its been that way since Marino retired so why do anything now if not next year than the year after hell we have time we not dead yet

The 2013 draft could be loaded with qb's. You might have buyer's remorse by not only "settling for your QB of the future", but the chance you might have traded valuable picks form 2013 draft.

If it is Luck I do it. While I love RGIII, I am not going to sell the store and everything in it for him.

Why do you want to force the issue right now all of sudden?

I like this idea IF IF IF we have no shot at trading up for Luck. The thought of taking a QB that isn't worthy/project disgusts me, mainly because we'll be saddled with him for the next four years just like we were with Henne. WAITING SUCKS, but if its a choice between waiting for 2013 or taking an iffy QB right now I'd vote to wait.

Yep, only thing worse than not picking up a bona fide QB, is wasting picks on other QB's.

If Quinton Coples is there at 7 or 8 they have to take him.

Back
Top Bottom