Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: Barkley's Choice Could Have Dolphins Scrambling

Stats don't tell you everything. Put Matt Moore on the road in a two minute drive to win a game and he throws a pick. See the Giants game. Maybe he can do it against the Pats, I'd love to see that. Matt Moore is fine when you don't put him under pressure. But if you pressure him, he is very sub-par. That's not good enough. The kid is limited.

I agree that Ryan is over-rated. But the fact remains that he has a heck of a record and looks playoff bound again this season. Matt Moore is 5-5 this season.

I like Matt Moore and maybe he can develop to some degree. But there is no evidence that he can be a winning quarterback as of now.

I love how wins are given to only the quarterback and not the team. You say put Moore in a 2 minute drill to win the game and watch him throw a pick. I say take Michael Turner away from Matt Ryan and watch him play like complete and utter crap.

There is plenty of evidence that he can be a winning quarterback. This team is 5-2 in thier last 7 games with him, and that is with a team that doesn't pass protect well and doesn't exactly have a plethora of explosive playmakers on offense. The coaching staff hasn't exactly given him a chance to put the game on his shoulders to win the game.

I love how wins are given to only the quarterback and not the team. You say put Moore in a 2 minute drill to win the game and watch him throw a pick. I say take Michael Turner away from Matt Ryan and watch him play like complete and utter crap.

There is plenty of evidence that he can be a winning quarterback. This team is 5-2 in thier last 7 games with him, and that is with a team that doesn't pass protect well and doesn't exactly have a plethora of explosive playmakers on offense. The coaching staff hasn't exactly given him a chance to put the game on his shoulders to win the game.

Well, then you start into a different debate with similar spots.

Do you keep your well above average and use your picks to surround him with talent, or do you spend all your talent to take a QB that "Should" end up a pretty solid pro limiting as seen on a weekly basis by Sam Bradford?

For me, I unless that absolute, no doubt, knock your socks off prospect is there, I keep what I got and surround him with better talent...and don't waste picks on Ted Ginn clones :lol:

Actually M Ryan is a good example .. he's done well with all the talent around him - up until the time it really counted. At that point he's won as many college championships and NFL playoff games as Jake. But of course the Ryan fanboys who hold Atlanta up to a team who made a turnaround where the Fins didn't, then blame that very same team for Ryan's big game shortcomings. Go figure :idk:

Actually M Ryan is a good example .. he's done well with all the talent around him - up until the time it really counted. At that point he's won as many college championships and NFL playoff games as Jake. But of course the Ryan fanboys who hold Atlanta up to a team who made a turnaround where the Fins didn't, then blame that very same team for Ryan's big game shortcomings. Go figure :idk:

Yep. Look at last year's playoffs. Green Bay took away Michael Turner and put the game on Matt Ryan's shoulders. He played like crap, but this is a guy we should have taken with the 1st overall pick.

Pro Football Reference has a great section where you can find these things. I looked it up. In the past 10 years (2001-2011), 31 quarterbacks have been selected in the first round. Of those, only 3 have posted passer ratings that are significantly better than Matt Moore's 86.6 passer rating as a starter over a 23 game period. Those three are Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, and Ben Roethlisberger.
Thanks KB, Your research has given credence to my theory, that Matt Moore COULD be one of those late blooming QB's, I referenced, in another tread!!! Someone like Jim Plunkett, a guy that didn't get much credit until he was in the middle of his career, and eventually won a super bowl ... I have no idea how this will all play out come draft day .. but I'm with you on holding off until 2013 or beyond to WAIT on the RIGHT QB prospect to be selected!!! not just some QB to satisfy the fan base!!!

Miami might be in a position to draft Kirkpatrick, who possibly can be moved to FS or an Upshaw, who could give Miami a much needed lift in terms of pass rush and overall OLB play!!! IF not; why not take DeCastro and let him solidify a leaky O-Line that has given up way too many sack the past 2 seasons!!!

Miami might be in a position to draft Kirkpatrick, who possibly can be moved to FS or an Upshaw, who could give Miami a much needed lift in terms of pass rush and overall OLB play!!! IF not; why not take DeCastro and let him solidify a leaky O-Line that has given up way too many sack the past 2 seasons!!!

Getting offensive linemen isn't sexy enough though. It doesn't matter that Matt Moore is the second most sacked quarterback in the NFL over the past 10 games or so. We have to reach for a quarterback with this pick because it is a sexy move.

I don't think you use a first on a qb other than rg3 or luck. If those aren't available we need
Olb
Safety
Tackle/guard
Wr take what the draft gives you

How long are we supposed to wait for a QB? I see some people saying "wait till 2013 or beyond." Haven't we waited long enough?

Best option may be to trade down get an extra pick for 2013, and build around Matt Moore for 2012. Sucks, but Miami may not have a choice.

I can get behind this idea. Trading down and getting additional picks in 2013 seems like the best way to add value. We could still draft Brandon Weeden or Nick Foles, but I really dont like having a top 10 pick this year. There really isnt a lot of elite talent at the top of the draft outside of Andrew Luck.

How long are we supposed to wait for a QB? I see some people saying "wait till 2013 or beyond." Haven't we waited long enough?

So, we should just force the issue to give the impression that we are investing in the position.

That's the attitude I see. "We just need to take a quarterback in the first round. I don't care who it is, we have to use a first round pick on a quarterback."

I'd take Blackman at #7 all day and twice on Sundays. Him and BMarsh on the outside would be nightmares to any team we play.

Back
Top Bottom