Mando Blog Destroys Martin | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando Blog Destroys Martin

What made you change your mind?
The lack of substance that he presented. I was expecting to hear that Incognito and others did a helluva lot worse than just the snippets that we had been fed from the media. I was expecting a much more serious form of victimization that had been held back because its nature would have shocked the public. I was expecting them to be holding back the ace and only reveal it to Wells. But the fact that Wells has completed his report and Martin's camp did this interview during the week leading up the Super Bowl. It seems just a deliberate calculated move. He could have been interviewed a long time ago.
We should wait for the Wells Report to come out, but I will be interested to read if mental health professionals were consulted. I have great empathy for those people who suffer from mental health issues. That was my immediate reaction when the incident occurred. Now I think that maybe my instincts were wrong and the lawyers are just trying to spin it for a payout.

The lack of substance that he presented. I was expecting to hear that Incognito and others did a helluva lot worse than just the snippets that we had been fed from the media. I was expecting a much more serious form of victimization that had been held back because its nature would have shocked the public. I was expecting them to be holding back the ace and only reveal it to Wells. But the fact that Wells has completed his report and Martin's camp did this interview during the week leading up the Super Bowl. It seems just a deliberate calculated move. He could have been interviewed a long time ago.
We should wait for the Wells Report to come out, but I will be interested to read if mental health professionals were consulted. I have great empathy for those people who suffer from mental health issues. That was my immediate reaction when the incident occurred. Now I think that maybe my instincts were wrong and the lawyers are just trying to spin it for a payout.

Ah, I gotcha. You figured that for Martin to flip out like he did, there was something really horrible lurking back there. Well, if nothing like that is uncovered by the Wells Report, he's got some 'splainin' to do.

He was asked a question and gave his opinion. One that is still very unpopular to those who deem Martin a victim. You think he didn't, and thats your opinion, but I take the man at his word. Once its out there, it can't be taken back. You may not like his opinion, but it is his, and it came from his mouth on national TV, as did Dr. J's. If I can see where their opinions are coming from, how can't you? And how do you question their integrity by thinking they don't believe as they say they believe?
I have no idea what your point is, but let me be clear here - I never questioned Eric D's integrity.

I do question his capacity for critical thought, however. But then I took most people on this board to task for that. ;)

spike, say it ain't so! ;) Seriously though, don't you think Martin's interview was to scrape whatever possible remnants of an NFL career he has off the floor. He's just hoping for another shot with someone. You can call that a money grab, but I think it's more a Hail Mary...

spike, say it ain't so! ;) Seriously though, don't you think Martin's interview was to scrape whatever possible remnants of an NFL career he has off the floor. He's just hoping for another shot with someone. You can call that a money grab, but I think it's more a Hail Mary...
GasPed- I agree. They were marketing him to be given an opportunity elsewhere and the fallback is the prospect of a lawsuit. He was bullied by Incognito and others but by not even having the guts to discuss the problem with Coach Philbin was a big error. He lives with the consequences of emotionally responding like a 4 year old child. He clearly wants out of our team and hopefully he gets a shot elsewhere.
Every GM and Head Coach in the NFL is probably asking themselves if they have any players like Martin on their roster. For the limited talent he displayed in the NFL, few will take a chance on him. His old Stanford coach, Jim Harbaugh, can probably deal with him and may be prepared to give him a chance.

I can't believe that I am saying this but Armando wrote an outstanding, objective, and pointed article. Kudos, keep it up...maybe there is hope for him yet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

this is by far the BEST thing Armando has written in a long long time

Hopefully Martin will go to a division rival so we can have free shots at their qb. He is a horrible player.

Hopefully Martin will go to a division rival so we can have free shots at their qb. He is a horrible player.

IMO he'll immediately be a pariah to his new teammates based on the perception that he's too soft for an NFL lockereoom and has no reservations about dishing the private dirt to throw his peers, coaches and team under the bus should he again get his panties in a bunch or be manipulated by his.org controlling and predatory mommy. Who'd want to shoot craps on a mediocre player who implodes if demoted..really?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom