Mando Blog Destroys Martin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando Blog Destroys Martin

Wow Hickey must have found Mando's balls in one of Jeff's drawers and gave them back. That or his blog got hacked.

The way I interpret it since that's what we're all doing herein, is that if Mando, who has a visceral reflex negative reaction to/spin on most anything Fins is calling out Martin's contrived BS for what it is,
then either:

a) he knows something in advance regarding the Wells' report's conclusions;

b) is trying to save some vestiges of credibility by jumping on the common-sense bandwagon late, but still before it's left the station;

c) now has been advised by reliable player sources that it's all a bogus tempest in a teapot clusterfork.

and/or most persuasively:

Martin's orchestrated one-sided, self-serving, unchallenged-by-media-toadies depiction has even now lost credibility with one of the franchise's most ardent critics who eagerly piled on and would like nothing better than to keep believing it's not BS

Oh I do agree that's an op ed piece, not responsible team reportage - but by the same token, if anyone thinks putting Martin in front of Tony Dungy in the interest of fair, responsible journalism was a coincidence, then I have a shiny bridge spanning NY's East River I can sell you cheap.

It's funny how Profootballtalk writers will print anything negative about the Fins from Mando, pretty quickly I might add, but they have not posted this write from him yet. If they don't print it pretty much cosigns their agenda. And for you who say they don't print rants. YES THEY DO!

Vaark, perhaps Armando feels used for the way he jumped all over the early leaks in this case along with everyone else, and is lashing out.

I have generally been negative about Salguero's articles, but he deserves full credit for breaking away from the crowd o go with an honest piece from the heart. It would have been easy to fan the flames of controversy by piling on the Dolphins and hypocritically taking the moral high ground of political correctness. But instead, Armando Salguero took the stance of justice. I am very proud of him for this piece.

I hope this is the beginning of a better career for him. Jonathan Martin is a user who is using the NFL and Dolphins for personal gain by exploiting the legal, media, and and governmental systems to extract money for a situation he understood and assumed the risk of for years.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mando! Bravo! Perfect. J Martin has a Mangina. Get his drippy ass clam off the Dolphins. Draft Men.

I wouldn't expect Mando's defense of the Dolphins to continue or to extend past this issue... His bread is buttered by negative reporting and rumor mongering. It just so happened that this particular story allowed him to flex his conservative muscle and go on a diatribe against the "wussification of a America"

If he didn't have such a cushy gig covering the Phins, I'm pretty sure the only gig a journalist of his standards could land would be at Fox News, so this is good to have on his resume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very unprofessional on the part of a journalist, but hey, his points are valid and pretty much what we all have been saying here. Probably the best thing he has written

Im anything but a Mando fan but I find it very professional. He presented the other side of the story the same one most of us have been preachign even tho he knew it may put him as risk. Bravo...:hclap:

Im anything but a Mando fan but I find it very professional. He presented the other side of the story the same one most of us have been preachign even tho he knew it may put him as risk. Bravo...:hclap:

There are ways to present the other side in a more professional manner. That was just a poorly written rant. Ya, I happen to agree with the bulk of it, but a talented, respected journalist would never publish an article in that tone or style.

There are ways to present the other side in a more professional manner. That was just a poorly written rant. Ya, I happen to agree with the bulk of it, but a talented, respected journalist would never publish an article in that tone or style.

Then it's a good thing Mando has never been confused with either ;P

I have generally been negative about Salguero's articles, but he deserves full credit for breaking away from the crowd o go with an honest piece from the heart. It would have been easy to fan the flames of controversy by piling on the Dolphins and hypocritically taking the moral high ground of political correctness. But instead, Armando Salguero took the stance of justice. I am very proud of him for this piece.
"Breaking away from the crowd"? smh.

Everyone and his pet animal has been dogpiling on Jon Martin and his parents for months since this story first broke. You want to give Mando credit for being last one on??

Your assertion that Martin is a con-artist/user is pure speculation, and the more we discover, the less likely it appears to be true. What kind of a user (whose mother is a renowned HR lawyer no less), stumbles his way to a weird tray-dropping exit, while collecting texts that are just as incriminating to him as to the organization, and follows/documents absolutely no due-diligence that would implicate the team (e.g. conversations/e-mails with the chain of command, requests to the owner/player reps/team captains, etc.)?

When you all finally get off the dogpile (Mando included), you'll find there was nothing there except a sensitive, weak kid who didn't belong in the NFL. And yeah, it caused a firestorm, but only because we fanned it.

Somewhere I want to see Tom Jackson look at the camera and apologize for his stance on this issue.

tom jackson, that former coke head chris carter that former murderer ray lewis all playing holier than thow card....

bunch of hypocrites

I'm still hopeful that plenty of good comes out of this. Armando is free to tell Incognito to knock it off. Even if Martin did that, and wanted to do it countless more times, it means virtually nothing in a locker room environment. Martin can't change teams. He's stuck alongside a jerk. A reporter can damage Incognito but a vulnerable rookie/second year guy is on the other side of the pecking order. He's subject to abuse and has to take it.

It's very likely that this episode is little more than the Dolphins employing a beefy moron who can't express himself other than feeling a need to belittle virtually everyone he comes across, and multiple times per day. Imagine how Incognito's boldness only escalated, once he got away with the golf course incident with no repercussions or even public mention.

Until now, the NFL has tolerated and looked away from the Incognito approach. If the Martin episode manages to eliminate only the outer edge idiots that frequent NFL locker rooms, it's well worth it.

But journalists need to help out. Armando shouldn't be silent about anecdotes like the ones he detailed today. Unfortunately many of the writers are not exactly physical specimens and feel intimidated, since they have to venture back into those locker rooms and seek interviews. There's too often an awkward understanding that the writer won't get the player in trouble in return for moderate respect in the locker room. I saw glimpses of that way back when I was a student reporter and many college friends who worked in the media have detailed it for me.

Back
Top Bottom