Mando Blog Destroys Martin | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando Blog Destroys Martin

"Breaking away from the crowd"? smh.

Everyone and his pet animal has been dogpiling on Jon Martin and his parents for months since this story first broke. You want to give Mando credit for being last one on??

Your assertion that Martin is a con-artist/user is pure speculation, and the more we discover, the less likely it appears to be true. What kind of a user (whose mother is a renowned HR lawyer no less), stumbles his way to a weird tray-dropping exit, while collecting texts that are just as incriminating to him as to the organization, and follows/documents absolutely no due-diligence that would implicate the team (e.g. conversations/e-mails with the chain of command, requests to the owner/player reps/team captains, etc.)?

When you all finally get off the dogpile (Mando included), you'll find there was nothing there except a sensitive, weak kid who didn't belong in the NFL. And yeah, it caused a firestorm, but only because we fanned it.

Actually, Martin and his team were the ones who fanned it. They were constantly leaking new tantalizing bits of lascivious behavior from the team to the media.

Yes, I believe he snapped due pressure/anxiety of performance issues, but his team later concocted the bully angle as a way to excuse his exit of the team and to force the Dolphins to keep paying him. There is no way to spin that Martin was innocent in all this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom jackson, that former coke head chris carter that former murderer ray lewis all playing holier than thow card....

bunch of hypocrites

great point…I forgot about that show where they were crying about Martin's abuse.

great point…I forgot about that show where they were crying about Martin's abuse.

Hell, the night I watched that I was so enraged by the visceral, seat-of-the-pants hypocritical slobbering judgmental hyena feeding frenzy condemnation I immediately thought about cranking this out early the next day during some work downtime. If I had given it more thought, I'd have included the hypocrisy of ESPN on its sensationalistic moral high horse who has hired, enabled and then quietly dismissed a host of workplace sexual harassers, exploiters and immoral adulterers preying on mostly young subordinates, including but not limited to Harold Reynolds, Steve Phillips, Sean Salisbury and Eric Kussilleus. You know, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...." and all that shizzle.

2mn3k21-1.jpg

This is probably the worst rant that Armando has ever printed. And the fact that I agree with a lot of it doesn't make it less of a messy, idiotic rant. He's supposed to get paid for doing this, for gods sake. This is his profession, his craft. What was that whole thing about staring down Incognito, about? Maybe he was just inspired by Sherman for a moment, and felt he had to act like he's got game.

Armando has no game. I'd be surprised if he even had a penis.

No one had the guts to say we need more information. No one.

We all want to feel good. It's being willing to move out of your comfort zone by asking (and answering) honest questions - that's what no one seems to want to do (including Eric D).

He was asked a question and gave his opinion. One that is still very unpopular to those who deem Martin a victim. You think he didn't, and thats your opinion, but I take the man at his word. Once its out there, it can't be taken back. You may not like his opinion, but it is his, and it came from his mouth on national TV, as did Dr. J's. If I can see where their opinions are coming from, how can't you? And how do you question their integrity by thinking they don't believe as they say they believe?

Look, either Martin is a manipulative, two-faced con-man looking for maximum profit at others' expense, or he's a troubled person who couldn't handle the vulgarity and aggressiveness of his Dolphins teammates. There's no way he's both - they are fundamentally incompatible (unless he has multiple personality disorder). I personally vote for the "troubled person" scenario because a con-man would've done a lot better job of gathering evidence, incriminating everyone (top to bottom) in the organization, than Martin has.

Martin is no Nate Ford.

"Breaking away from the crowd"? smh.

Everyone and his pet animal has been dogpiling on Jon Martin and his parents for months since this story first broke. You want to give Mando credit for being last one on??

Your assertion that Martin is a con-artist/user is pure speculation, and the more we discover, the less likely it appears to be true. What kind of a user (whose mother is a renowned HR lawyer no less), stumbles his way to a weird tray-dropping exit, while collecting texts that are just as incriminating to him as to the organization, and follows/documents absolutely no due-diligence that would implicate the team (e.g. conversations/e-mails with the chain of command, requests to the owner/player reps/team captains, etc.)?

When you all finally get off the dogpile (Mando included), you'll find there was nothing there except a sensitive, weak kid who didn't belong in the NFL. And yeah, it caused a firestorm, but only because we fanned it.

I disagree.

My assessment was that Martin was an intelligent and educated individual who was a user. I stated as much in multiple threads earlier today. He understood that professional football is a place where people get called names peer pressured. He didn't advocate for change ... he set up a lawsuit. He or some member of his team began manipulating the media to gain public opinion and leverage for a settlement. I haven't really made any assertions about whether he is strong willed or weak willed. I haven't made any assertions whether he is a sensitive person or not. I don't know him well enough to make those determinations ... all I can judge are his actions. What he has done flies in the face of what he has done at every other level of sports. I do not think he is dumb. I do not think he is uneducated. I think he knowingly and willfully made a series of choices over time ... none of which was to change the situation in NFL locker rooms, but all of which are extremely consistent with building a good case to gain money through leveraging a settlement.

You are free to think Martin is a victim. I'm not suggesting otherwise. But, I am also free to analyze the facts and note that they are consistent with a pervasive pattern to file suit and leverage towards a financial settlement ... and not consistent with someone seeking change in an NFL locker room. My opinion is that Martin had options and chose the one option that worked out conveniently to be best with filing a lawsuit for workplace harassment ... and the details he brings out are all of the details that touch on protected classes ... which supports legal arguments in lawsuits for monetary damages. Convenient? You are entitled to think it is just a coincidence ... but I do not think that.

Our opinions differ. Fair enough.

Trashing Jon Martin will get me through to the combine and free agency.

My most hated Miami Dolphins player ever.

[video=youtube;6AXX1YLSDxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AXX1YLSDxo[/video]

I hope these guys whined that much when Gregg Williams wanted to "kill the head" with the Saints. If not, the double standard is hilarious. Put a guy in a wheelchair, okay. Send a guy home crying with "yo momma" jokes, there is no place in the NFL for it.

I have consistently defended Martin because I really believed that he had probably had a mini breakdown as a result of Incognito's persistent bullying. However, if as it now appears that this was just an orchestrated ploy for a law suit, I feel that I have been conned. The interview came across as a bit of a marketing exercise for prospective teams interested.
I still take a dim view of Incognito and feel that the team is probably better off without both of them.
The irony in all of this is that Martin's biggest backer in the Dolphins was Jeff Ireland. When Philbin wanted an experienced veteran LT (Brandon Albert) instead of Martin, Ireland wouldn't give up the draft pick (Jamar Taylor). And only after weeks of mediocre performances, Ireland traded for McKinnie to take the LT position. Jeff's persistent faith in Martin was a major factor why the Head Coach and GM were not on the same page. Martin flipping over his food in the cafeteria was the incident that led to his departure from the team and it also ultimately triggered the removal of the GM. Maybe Jonathan and Jeff deserved each other.

I have consistently defended Martin because I really believed that he had probably had a mini breakdown as a result of Incognito's persistent bullying. However, if as it now appears that this was just an orchestrated ploy for a law suit, I feel that I have been conned. The interview came across as a bit of a marketing exercise for prospective teams interested.

What made you change your mind?

The best article from Armando that I've read. Nothing but the truth.

Back
Top Bottom