Mando Blog Destroys Martin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando Blog Destroys Martin

They talked about Martin's interview on ESPN Mike & Mike this morning. They felt bottom line the whole thing got blown out of proportion and in the end Martin is going to look bad. Said the players all were and still are loyal to Incognito.

I said that from the get go.
The only bombshell that's going to come out of this Martin fiasco is that Incog may or may have not have accosted a female at a golf course.

how is that unproffesional?

Number one rule as a writer is to keep biased out (which in other cases Mando has failed at as well). But he did put out obvious flaws.

I mean Omar did the same earlier today as well on twitter. Martin has good legal advice from lawyers. Well funny enough through my parents I have connections to lawyers as well and every one I've talked to said Martin's big mistake started as soon as his people said he went to get medical treatment for an undisclosed illness.

The other misstep was they clearly felt that the Fins and Incognito would stay silent (and in truth I thought they would) but neither party did, and it was clear that Martin had no backup plan.

Very unprofessional on the part of a journalist, but hey, his points are valid and pretty much what we all have been saying here. Probably the best thing he has written

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armando's writing style is usually unprofessional in everything he writes. Though while it may be unprofessional on his behalf, I enjoyed almost everything in that article.

Also, for the first time, I am starting to think Hayden and Armando are the same person. ;)

I'm surprised Martin surfaced so soon from his suckle session.

Mommie must've needed a break.

Those fangs do penetrate deep, ya know.

ScreenShot20121011at45700PM-1.png

Some great photoshoping potential here, Vaark.

220_gotmilkheader-1.jpg

Someone in the media needed to speak the truth, and I'm glad he did. Mando has gained a little bit of my respect.

Very unprofessional on the part of a journalist, but hey, his points are valid and pretty much what we all have been saying here. Probably the best thing he has written

I generally agree with your point of view but how in the world is the "unprofessional" my dude?? Don't fall into the sissification of society crap. He did say it was his opinion and ppl are entitled to that... even tho most should not be!! Mando just gained my respect again! Great piece of work.

We gotta remember, if snakey, grimey ass **** like this doesn't get called out, then it gets a pass or overlooked until it eventually becomes acceptable behavior. And what martin did was more unprofessional than what mando called him out for

I didn't find it unprofessional at all. It spoke with concern for political correctness and he is spot on in supporting his views. I thought it refreshing.

I generally agree with your point of view but how in the world is the "unprofessional" my dude?? Don't fall into the sissification of society crap. He did say it was his opinion and ppl are entitled to that... even tho most should not be!!

Last I heard, Mando is a beat writer/reporter/journalist. This wasn't an unbiased report on an issue, with some slight personal perspective added in, it was a straight up rant, similar to what you would find on message board like this.

Well-articulated opinion pieces are one thing, and those are generally reserved for columnists, not beat writers. Like I said, this was a rant. I tended to agree with most of what he said in the rant, but most respected journalists wouldn't take a tone like Mando did when writing an official piece.

If you want to see what a good, professional sports opinion piece looks like, look up anything written by Dan LeBatard.

I agree that that interview was absolutely void of news and context. Dungy is clearly not a journalist in any manner, way, or form and, quite frankly, he brings next to nothing in the studio. He's not really a great speaker, has mediocre diction & articulation from a professional broadcasting standpoit, lacks the ability be entertaining like other former players or coaches have done, and seldom provides 'NFL insider' knowledge that would make his presence felt. He's a cipher. He's just a name but is bringing nothing to demonstrate why his experience matters.
He probably could be a good football coach but he didnt' win with Tampa and he just happened to be standing there when Peyton Manning won the Superbowl.

I know a lot of people here don't like 'Mando, but give props where they're due- he's spot on here.

I loved the David v Goliath analogy.

Its funny how Mando got Incog to stop by asking. Did that not occur someone who went to school in Palo Alto???

This whole thing is a contrived $ grab.

Nothing unprofessional about it at all.

It's his opinion and journalists have been giving opinions for ages. Like Andy Rooney.

Do you know what is unprofessional journalism? The sham of an interview by Dungy masquerading as a journalist being used as a PR stunt patsy by Martin's people.

During Super Bowl week no less.

Back
Top Bottom