Mando Blog Destroys Martin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando Blog Destroys Martin

The only meaningful section was the very end: Incognito called a reporter a nerd, and mocked Armando for his weight and stature, before attempting to insult Armando in garbled semi-Spanish while walking away.

Multiply exponentially and you get an idea what Martin must have faced, along with others in the locker room, and most of all that woman on the golf course.

Armando departs the article in the most ironic fashion imaginable. He's already had enough of crude Incognito in a brief burst to the point he feels compelled to tell Incognito to stop. The only reason it carries any weight is Incognito realizes Armando has the printed power to tackle and define him daily, potentially impacting his career.

Jonathan Martin undoubtedly asked Incognito to stop countless times. Guess a multiplier in his case, compared to what Armando briefly faced. Are we going with 1000x? I'd suggest that's far too low.

Quite amusing that Armando intended to make Martin look bad but in his closing paragraphs he unintentionally defined Incognito and the Dolphin locker room far beyond any rambling damage to Martin. And interesting that Armando waited until this point to reveal the anecdote regarding Incognito and how he treats the local media. Remember Incognito putting his arm around the television reporter shortly after the Martin story broke and Incognito was in hiding? That's the phony warm impression Incognito wants. Armando could have detailed the "nerd" aspect in the early going, making Incognito look bad, but I sensed he knew it would have turned Dolphin fans against him, the same loud members of the 47% petrified crowd who invent societal decay on a daily basis, their manhood steadily stripped away. That type is no different than the pathetic bar stool caliber sports fans, the ones who overreact to the latest item on the screen. In fact, there is massive overlap.

NBC undoubtedly arranged the timetable for this interview, the same way any rival network would have. Maximum exposure. People who don't pay attention to football all year feel a need to get involved during Super Bowl week. They can spend the remainder of the offseason content that they bonded with the rest of the family.

Number one rule as a writer is to keep biased out (which in other cases Mando has failed at as well). But he did put out obvious flaws.

I mean Omar did the same earlier today as well on twitter. Martin has good legal advice from lawyers. Well funny enough through my parents I have connections to lawyers as well and every one I've talked to said Martin's big mistake started as soon as his people said he went to get medical treatment for an undisclosed illness.

The other misstep was they clearly felt that the Fins and Incognito would stay silent (and in truth I thought they would) but neither party did, and it was clear that Martin had no backup plan.

Wrong. Mando isn't a reporter of news. He is a opinion writer. Two completely different types of jobs.

This is off topic, but does Mando remind anyone else of George Zimmerman? He's always takes the opportunity to point out his Christianity and uber-patriotism in any discussion while also displaying an inflated sense of worth and a quick temper that points to some deep-seated insecurities...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last I heard, Mando is a beat writer/reporter/journalist. This wasn't an unbiased report on an issue, with some slight personal perspective added in, it was a straight up rant, similar to what you would find on message board like this.

Well-articulated opinion pieces are one thing, and those are generally reserved for columnists, not beat writers. Like I said, this was a rant. I tended to agree with most of what he said in the rant, but most respected journalists wouldn't take a tone like Mando did when writing an official piece.

If you want to see what a good, professional sports opinion piece looks like, look up anything written by Dan LeBatard.

Alot of Mando's previous work has always been loaded with opinions. Its why I have never considered him a down the line 'reporter'. You having a problem with it on this topic is the shocker. Not.:hump:

I agree that that interview was absolutely void of news and context. Dungy is clearly not a journalist in any manner, way, or form and, quite frankly, he brings next to nothing in the studio. He's not really a great speaker, has mediocre diction & articulation from a professional broadcasting standpoit, lacks the ability be entertaining like other former players or coaches have done, and seldom provides 'NFL insider' knowledge that would make his presence felt. He's a cipher. He's just a name but is bringing nothing to demonstrate why his experience matters.
He probably could be a good football coach but he didnt' win with Tampa and he just happened to be standing there when Peyton Manning won the Superbowl.

Spot on. Tony's pious attitude is aggravating.

Wrong. Mando isn't a reporter of news. He is a opinion writer. Two completely different types of jobs.

Huh? He is the Dolphins beat writer for the Miami Herald. Opinion pieces aren't part of his job description.

Dave Hyde is a columnist. He is the one who writes opinion pieces. I don't know who is his equivalent on Miami herald, but it isn't Mando. It used to be LeBatard.

Huh? He is the Dolphins beat writer for the Miami Herald. Opinion pieces aren't part of his job description.

Dave Hyde is a columnist. He is the one who writes opinion pieces. I don't know who is his equivalent on Miami herald, but it isn't Mando. It used to be LeBatard.

Whatever classification you want to use, it seems like his employers are allowing him to be a columnist.

And he's been writing his opinion pieces all season. And NOW you're cluing in?

Alot of Mando's previous work has always been loaded with opinions. Its why I have never considered him a down the line 'reporter'. You having a problem with it on this topic is the shocker. Not.:hump:

And that's why I consider him to be such a ****ty reporter. He has no talent for writing and his claim to fame is being a blowhard.

I guess you missed the part where I said I agree with pretty much everything he said and it's probably the best thing he has written. Shocker.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Now suddenly all the homers are in love with Mando again. Pure comedy.

The only meaningful section was the very end: Incognito called a reporter a nerd, and mocked Armando for his weight and stature, before attempting to insult Armando in garbled semi-Spanish while walking away.

Multiply exponentially and you get an idea what Martin must have faced, along with others in the locker room, and most of all that woman on the golf course.

Armando departs the article in the most ironic fashion imaginable. He's already had enough of crude Incognito in a brief burst to the point he feels compelled to tell Incognito to stop. The only reason it carries any weight is Incognito realizes Armando has the printed power to tackle and define him daily, potentially impacting his career.

Jonathan Martin undoubtedly asked Incognito to stop countless times. Guess a multiplier in his case, compared to what Armando briefly faced. Are we going with 1000x? I'd suggest that's far too low.

Quite amusing that Armando intended to make Martin look bad but in his closing paragraphs he unintentionally defined Incognito and the Dolphin locker room far beyond any rambling damage to Martin. And interesting that Armando waited until this point to reveal the anecdote regarding Incognito and how he treats the local media. Remember Incognito putting his arm around the television reporter shortly after the Martin story broke and Incognito was in hiding? That's the phony warm impression Incognito wants. Armando could have detailed the "nerd" aspect in the early going, making Incognito look bad, but I sensed he knew it would have turned Dolphin fans against him, the same loud members of the 47% petrified crowd who invent societal decay on a daily basis, their manhood steadily stripped away. That type is no different than the pathetic bar stool caliber sports fans, the ones who overreact to the latest item on the screen. In fact, there is massive overlap.

NBC undoubtedly arranged the timetable for this interview, the same way any rival network would have. Maximum exposure. People who don't pay attention to football all year feel a need to get involved during Super Bowl week. They can spend the remainder of the offseason content that they bonded with the rest of the family.

I see the bleeding hearts and die hards need to justify their initial reaction any way you can.

Your ideology is all over the above ramblings. Shocking? Not really, you HUFFPOST people need conflict and victims.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Alot of his work prior to this article has been opinion. Like 99.99999%, its just you being upset because of the topic.

WOW - did I just read that? That was Mondo?
Best work he has EVER done

I see the bleeding hearts and die hards need to justify their initial reaction any way you can.

Your ideology is all over the above ramblings. Shocking? Not really, you HUFFPOST people need conflict and victims.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Alot of his work prior to this article has been opinion. Like 99.99999%, its just you being upset because of the topic.

I'm upset at the topic? WTF? I've been one of the most outspoken people on here blasting Martin since the start of this ordeal. Heck, it almost sounds like Mando lifted half his material from me and Hayden. In fact, I wouldn't doubt that he cobbled together that piece from edited message board chatter.

And that's why I consider him to be such a ****ty reporter. He has no talent for writing and his claim to fame is being a blowhard.

I guess you missed the part where I said I agree with pretty much everything he said and it's probably the best thing he has written. Shocker.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Now suddenly all the homers are in love with Mando again. Pure comedy.

Honestly, I didn't read the piece. I refuse to click on that guys articles or that newspapers website. I haven't read a article of his in maybe a year or so. I just say no to Mando.:up:

But seriously, point me to a article written by Mando that had no bias or opinion in it.

Back
Top Bottom