Mando: shotgun weddings are a bad idea but looks like phins r gonna do it again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mando: shotgun weddings are a bad idea but looks like phins r gonna do it again

If it's true, Ross is simply inept and seemingly incapable of recognizing his own mistakes. This team needs a fresh start but instead we'll bring on a new GM and tie his hands right from the beginning. Genius!

For once Armando seems to be right. The writing on the wall seems to be that Ireland is gone and Philbin will stay.

We're never going to have a winning team with Ross.

It depends. I think Jeff Ireland is clearly toast, but as for Philbin, who knows? It's possible Ross gave him a very public vote of confidence to keep the team from collapsing at the halfway point (didn't work).

It's possible Ross is going to give Philbin an honest shot to pull out some wins and save his job.

It's possible Ross really is going to keep Joe Philbin.

It's going to limit our GM choices. Bring in a new GM and let him make the decision on the HC. If the guy likes Philbin stick with him else let him bring in his own coach. I don't know what to think about Philbin at this point but I know Ireland sucks and needs to be replaced. We will never win anything with Jeff Ireland as the GM, that much is clear/

I can envision a scenario were Ireland gets the ax soon, then at the end of what will probably be another losing season, he turns around and fires Philbin. I just can not imagine a strong, respected GM coming in and keeping Philbin.

That's the price Ross will have to, and probably surely pay.

We will bring in a new gm, watch Philbin continue to be average for another year and then replace Philbin while keeping the newly acquired gm. I wonder if Ross saw the Buffalo game. Or was e really paying attention when the Bucs embarrassed his team?

By the way, in case anyone is still wondering whether Mando likes to pick up whatever falls out of Jeff Ireland's ass and publish it, take a look at this piece he wrote right as Sparano was about to get fired:

Ireland is another story. He stays, barring some unexpected circumstance, regardless of who the new coach is or is not. It is as solid as something of this matter can be in the NFL. Ireland stays for 2012.

Owner Stephen Ross is convinced the Dolphins are a team that is underachieving despite considerable talent. Yes, Ross believes the roster needs some upgrading. But he also thinks Ireland, who has full control of the personnel department since October 2010, can do the job. (Bill Parcells was in charge of personnel from Jan. 2008 to October 2010.)

So Ireland stays once this season is over. And Tony Sparano does not.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...nd-will-return-for-2012-sparano-will-not.html

Only a slightly different message here. :lol:

If it's true, Ross is simply inept and seemingly incapable of recognizing his own mistakes. This team needs a fresh start but instead we'll bring on a new GM and tie his hands right from the beginning. Genius!

I think you are jumping the gun here a little.
First and foremost this article is nothing more than propaganda.
Philbin may indeed get canned along with Ireland so it may be moot.

Finally I can make an argument that staggering is a good thing.

The fix that needs to happen in Miami is GM.
Unless someone comes as a package deal usually with a big time coach hire wants his own personnel guy a la Fisher, Ried, Carroll.

Few GM's are going to say I want this guy as my coach end of story.
Tell the GM that he gets a year trial with Philbin and if he doesn't want him then he can get his own guy.
Otherwise you are left with spending the first half of the offseason getting your GM then scrambling to get a coach in the second half.

If Ross is going to keep Philbin and fire Ireland, the promote Aponte. Its pointless to try to get a good strong GM and try to tell him he's stuck with Philbin/Sherman and this staff. Tell Aponte and Philbin they better get it straightened out. Maybe bring in a former player to be on top of everyone else....

Pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom