Manuel Wright to work out for Dolphins (KFFL) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manuel Wright to work out for Dolphins (KFFL)

We are doing our "due diligence" in working him out. The question for me will be if we like him AND we offer a fourth round pick will some team offer a three to get ahead of us. This is like a silent auction.

You dont think that Saban thinks he is looking at Rodrigue Wright, and not Manuel do ya----Only teasing--Seriuosly though some of you guy's think that he is underweight for a DT, but i wooda thought that 350 lbs was well good enough

It's very smart for us to look at him. It helps we have a coach who knows him and his talent. If we can get him for a fourth round pick I think it's a deal. It's not a waste of a pick we get a player to develop right away. I also hope they look at the receiver from Clemson and the lb I believe from Kentucky.

If Saban drafts, I think it will be for a 3rd.

Looking at the rb, either Ricky or Gordon will be traded. Their is your replacement 3rd(and maybe 1-2nd) pick.

I dont think he'll offer a first day pick. But a fourth rounder would be a real sweet deal.

NorFlaFin said:
If Saban drafts, I think it will be for a 3rd.

Looking at the rb, either Ricky or Gordon will be traded. Their is your replacement 3rd(and maybe 1-2nd) pick.

Another questionnable post...Gordon is doing great in mini-camps and you want to trade him?

What is going on here?

phinfan77 said:
and why do you think another team will trade a 3rd round pick for Gordon?

Because Rick did and he knows a steal when he gets one.

Another questionnable post...Gordon is doing great in mini-camps and you want to trade him?

It's called a glut of RB's. BTW:Read my post again, Either Gorden or Ricky.

Look at the team wins consistantly, 1 stud RB and backup not this RB by commitee crap.

GreenMonster said:
Because Rick did and he knows a steal when he gets one.

were you trying to say "Rick knows a steal when it's done to him"?

there is no way to get a third round pick for a guy who was on IR all year. Especially after the deepest RB draft in 7 years, and the glut of RBs demanded to be traded for anything.

of course you knew this because you were using sarcasm, but I wanted to type something.;)

i dont know if we should get him hes small and we need big guys for that position especially for the 3-4

It's called a glut of RB's. BTW:Read my post again said:
okay, It sounds good, but before training camp or a few preseason games to use as example, which running back would you trade a 1st day pick for?

1. A former third string RB for the Rams that spent last year on IR and never played a full season

or

2. a former nfl rushing leader with bi-polar disorder, 4 subsatance violation in the Nfl, and quit on his team the first week of traing camp to live in a tent in australia and smoke weed.

I'm not seeing GM's line up for these two at the moment.

p.s. I would love to be able to trade a RB for some secondary or D-line help, but right now we have two rookies, a returning pothead, Mr. Glass, and the two runners that left us as the poorest rushing team in the league. We have to wait to see how everyone does before there is trade value

NorFlaFin said:
Look at the team wins consistantly, 1 stud RB and backup not this RB by commitee crap.

Team wins are not necessarily a good reflection of offensive success. The offensive system Linehan is installing has been one of the most productive (scoring and yardage) in the past 5 years. However, their anemic defense has lost many games. They have consistently utilized multiple RBs. Moe Williams has been the short yardage guy and Bennett, Moore and Smith have been shuffled constantly. His system proves no one RB is a franchise.

Frankly, anytime an offensive philosophy can seemlessly plug various players into critical skill positions and remain successful, it is a coach's, GM's and owner's dream. It helps the team spend money on other areas because they do not need the "stud" at that position to remain productive.

Denver and Minnesota's offensive philosophies prove the old school "stud" RB theory wrong. Committee's, while hated by fans, are a very productive when used correctly.

I say anytime you can get a player that is projected to go in the first two rounds and you can get him for a fourth round pick, I call that a very good pick, if not a steal!!!

Back
Top Bottom