Maradonna Or Pele!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maradonna Or Pele!!!

Prime Time said:
Pele was surrounded with some talent at least.

SOME TALENT ??

Rivelino, Jairzinho, Gérson, Tostão, Carlos Alberto, Garrincha?? Bit more than 'some talent'.

BigDogsHunt said:
Agreed, this is about "on the pitch" talents not off......Pele is just better and talent around or lack thereof just doesnt change that.

Exactly - he won 3 World Cups, his Brazilian goalscoring record alone is off ridiculous, 4th highest scorer in World Cup history.

Et cetera.

Maradona was a great player - unmatched during his era - but Pele's ability was greater.

Boomer said:
Please don't say Ronaldinho.

Hell No.

Although as far as pure talent..it is hard to argue against him.

The guy I am talking about is Lionel Messi.

clear.gif

You think in 4 years time that Messi will be talked about in the same breath as Zidane, Pele and Maradona????

I think that's unlikely, good as he is.

Prediction:

he scores 12 goals for Barcelona next season...then wins two player of the year awards....then wins the tournament MVP in South Africa in 2010 while Argentina wins the WC.

Presto..in the list. :lol:

He'd have to do A LOT more than that to be in that list mate.

I don't know.. I'd put Pele, Maradona and Cruyff as the top 3. After that, then guys like Beckenbauer and Zidane. If I had to choose, yes I'd go with Pele too.

Messi has great skills, but as of now, I can't see him being one of the greats. In terms of similarly aged players, I could see Cesc Fabregas being a better player.

Maradonna or Pele? I say Mario's Pizzeria > both. :)

Boomer said:
No, Oguchi Oneyewu. :rolleyes2
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

As for Ronaldinho, talent-wise, you can't really argue against him. But of course, he really disappointed this year in the World Cup. Not to make excuses or anything like that, but Brazil doesn't play like a team so he couldn't do what he does best. Ronaldo & Adriano are the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen.....

Back
Top Bottom