Maradonna Or Pele!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maradonna Or Pele!!!

Boomer said:
SOME TALENT ??

Rivelino, Jairzinho, Gérson, Tostão, Carlos Alberto, Garrincha?? Bit more than 'some talent'.

Thus proving my point even more...

BigDogsHunt said:
Agreed, this is about "on the pitch" talents not off......Pele is just better and talent around or lack thereof just doesnt change that.

If you think that some people don't add that to their views then you are mistaken.

Blueprint said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

As for Ronaldinho, talent-wise, you can't really argue against him. But of course, he really disappointed this year in the World Cup. Not to make excuses or anything like that, but Brazil doesn't play like a team so he couldn't do what he does best. Ronaldo & Adriano are the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen.....

Which is what made them who they are...

Here comes a very homer statement by myself! If Ukraine should pull something out there *** and win the next world cup then Shevchenko should be considered to be on the list!

wazzy said:
Here comes a very homer statement by myself! If Ukraine should pull something out there *** and win the next world cup then Shevchenko should be considered to be on the list!
:lol: :wink:

You know, this question (who was the best) was asked in 2000 by FIFA and they gave out awards to the two winners (yes the two were Maradona and Pele).

To quote (by Football Family they mean FIFA officials, journalists and coaches):

"Pele topped a poll of FIFA's "Football Family." He took 72.75 percent of the vote to 9.75 percent for Argentine Alfredo Di Stefano and just six percent for Maradona.

Maradona took the Web-based vote with 53.60 percent to only 18.53 percent for Pele."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2000/12/11/pele_maradona/

By the way, Maradona walked out before they gave Pele his award!!

ckb2001 said:
You know, this question (who was the best) was asked in 2000 by FIFA and they gave out awards to the two winners (yes the two were Maradona and Pele).

To quote (by Football Family they mean FIFA officials, journalists and coaches):

"Pele topped a poll of FIFA's "Football Family." He took 72.75 percent of the vote to 9.75 percent for Argentine Alfredo Di Stefano and just six percent for Maradona.

Maradona took the Web-based vote with 53.60 percent to only 18.53 percent for Pele."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2000/12/11/pele_maradona/

By the way, Maradona walked out before they gave Pele his award!!

:lol: Love it...

Pele!! no matter what the Argentine homers say!

Blueprint said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

As for Ronaldinho, talent-wise, you can't really argue against him. But of course, he really disappointed this year in the World Cup. Not to make excuses or anything like that, but Brazil doesn't play like a team so he couldn't do what he does best. Ronaldo & Adriano are the biggest ball hogs I've ever seen.....

Ronaldinho is a ridiculously good player, but I don't think he's the best player in the world at the moment.

Prime Time said:
Thus proving my point even more...

Not at all, as I previously underlined the talent in the Argentine side. Pele's record is unmatched.

Lost in this debate is the fact that you could make very strong cases for players such as Franco Baresi, Johan Cruyff, Michel Platini, Eusebio, Bobby Moore, Garrincha, Di Stefano, Gerd Muller, Puskas, George Best, Franz Beckenbaur, even Oleg Blokhin to be very close to any list involving Pele, Maradona and Zidane.

Most of the 'great player' debates are positionally biased anyway. Rarely would you ever see a list involving a defender or a goalkeeper and yet Baresi, Moore, Paolo Maldini, etc. are never considered. Likewise Gordon Banks, Dino Zoff, Peter Schmeichal, etc.

Boomer said:
Lost in this debate is the fact that you could make very strong cases for players such as Franco Baresi, Johan Cruyff, Michel Platini, Eusebio, Bobby Moore, Garrincha, Di Stefano, Gerd Muller, Puskas, George Best, Franz Beckenbaur, even Oleg Blokhin to be very close to any list involving Pele, Maradona and Zidane.

Most of the 'great player' debates are positionally biased anyway. Rarely would you ever see a list involving a defender or a goalkeeper and yet Baresi, Moore, Paolo Maldini, etc. are never considered. Likewise Gordon Banks, Dino Zoff, Peter Schmeichal, etc.

Alfredo Di Stefano, Ferenck Puskas, Giussepe Meazza, Obdulio Varela, if you want to go even more old school.

DiStefano certainly belongs in the conversation, I mean when 2000 came round and FIFA made a list fo the best players in the history per continent, the list went something like this:

America: 1.- Pelé 2.- Maradona 3.- DiStefano
Europe: 1.- Johan Cruiff 2.- Franz Beckenbauer 3.- Alfredo Distéfano.

I never saw him play but his track record in Real Madrid is quite impressive, as is his few times in both Argentinian team and Spain.

Still, I have a soft spot in my heart for Diego Armando Maradona, I'm afraid I have never ever said Wow to a player as much as I did every time I saw Maradona touching a football... Even when the guy was fat and old, I saw him outplay half the Cruz Azul team. Just beautifull.

Boomer said:

This is true.

Back
Top Bottom