marcus vick on nfl network | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

marcus vick on nfl network

Some of you guys are ridiculous. Marcus Vick isn't a poster child for good behavior, and I'm not trying to say he's going to be in the choir at church or anything but to question his ability is just stupid. We have two or three 7th rounders, why not take a shot at someone who can run and pass better than his pro bowl brother? I don't want to make this a Michael Vick thread but Marcus is better than Michael in every physical sense, and with a late round grade we would lose basically nothing. If he's there in the seventh round, and I doubt he will be, I think we should draft him. At worst, he gets cut and we lose little or no money since 7th rounders usually don't get big signing bonuses.

SpeedRush99 said:
We don't have a 5th or 6th!

Shhh. Dont tell them that! I love it when guys come on here and say some BS like "ive been following this guy all year, yadday yadday yadda, take him in the 6th."

I just chuckle as their credibility goes down the drain and agree.

i would definatly take him with one of our 7th round picks.i think saban can change marcus.

So everyone somehow mistook his cell phone for a gun? I don't know whats wrong with me but I am having trouble believing that. One valid point that CK made is that if you could draft him in the 7th and keep him for about 2 years and shocase him in the preseason you might be able to flip him for a 4th. Who knows.

SpeedRush99 said:
We don't have a 5th or 6th!

Wow people keep saying draft people in the 5th or 6th and you keep telling people we don't have them. Do they ever learn? :sidelol:

Marcus Vick is a cancer. I would much rather have TO is at least is already proven. I really don't care if its a 7th round pick. I don't wanna draft him. Yeah I am questioning his talent. He is not really that good. Just cause you can run around in college and make plays does not mean your going to be a good NFL QB. Michael is alot better and he is a horrible passer!

SuperDuperFan said:
I disagree, I dont think he's a very good player anyway. Did you see him step on that other player's leg? That was horrible and we really dont need a player like that here. So in my opinion the downside is much greater than the upside, no matter how late he is available.

Yea, i know it was bad, but hey, that stuff happens all the time in football.... People get spit on, poked in the eyes, and all kinds of outlandish stuff like that. Not saying to ignore it, but i just know that stuff happens all the time. It may not get flashed all over the tv like vick's stomping incident did though. Personally the main thing i saw wrong with Vick's playing is when he scrambled, he held the ball out to his side. That mess won't play very long in this league

dolphan117 said:
So everyone somehow mistook his cell phone for a gun? I don't know whats wrong with me but I am having trouble believing that. One valid point that CK made is that if you could draft him in the 7th and keep him for about 2 years and shocase him in the preseason you might be able to flip him for a 4th. Who knows.

Did you know that the guy that accused him of brandishing a firearm has just been arrested recently of armed robbery?

Philter25 said:
Shhh. Dont tell them that! I love it when guys come on here and say some BS like "ive been following this guy all year, yadday yadday yadda, take him in the 6th."

I just chuckle as their credibility goes down the drain and agree.

:lol: :wink:

I know ill be slammed for this, but personally, i think Vick is worth a look. He's a talented kid. Those of you who say he's not, well, i agree to a point. Last year was his only full year so he's definately raw. All im saying is i hope Saban will at least take a look at him. If Saban chooses to pass on him, i'll trust it was the best thing. I have faith in Nick.

dolphan117 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those firearm charges on Vick will be dropped. Ive heard a buzz around here that the guy who filed them is a dirtbag himself. Plus his attorney is Larry Woodward. Not that that means a whole lot but i think he defended Iverson a while back.

dolphan117 said:

i can't remember what type it was, but the accuser said that it was a really small steel and black colored gun, one that could fit into someone's pocket. i'm sure they got into a confrontation, but a gun has not yet been found in connection w/ the crime, so it most likely was a cellphone and the accuser was trying to get vick b/c he knew who he was. the accuser's credibilty has gone right out the window- he's been arrested twice since.

on drafting vick, he's worth a late-round flyer b/c of his athleticism, but not much else. he's too short, locks in on his first read, has horrible pocket presence, and etc etc etc what boom, kb, and ck have said.

Phishstix said:
i can't remember what type it was, but the accuser said that it was a really small steel and black colored gun, one that could fit into someone's pocket. i'm sure they got into a confrontation, but a gun has not yet been found in connection w/ the crime, so it most likely was a cellphone and the accuser was trying to get vick b/c he knew who he was. the accuser's credibilty has gone right out the window- he's been arrested twice since.

on drafting vick, he's worth a late-round flyer b/c of his athleticism, but not much else. he's too short, locks in on his first read, has horrible pocket presence, and etc etc etc what boom, kb, and ck have said.

Yea, it's really a tough choice. Part of me wants him, the other part doesnt. I think not only will you be taking a choice with his personality off the field, but it's a chance on the field as well... Marcus' problem is that he's only had one full year of game situations. With all his bad habbits, he still carried Tech to the ACC championship. He lost, but he still put up pretty good numbers. He IS a talented kid, but he's very very raw.

The only thing i worry about off the field, is that he's a marked man. He'll now be a target for every dirt bag out to make a few free bucks off of a sports star. He'll have to work hard to keep his nose clean.

apa64che said:
Yea, it's really a tough choice. Part of me wants him, the other part doesnt. I think not only will you be taking a choice with his personality off the field, but it's a chance on the field as well... Marcus' problem is that he's only had one full year of game situations. With all his bad habbits, he still carried Tech to the ACC championship. He lost, but he still put up pretty good numbers. He IS a talented kid, but he's very very raw.

The only thing i worry about off the field, is that he's a marked man. He'll now be a target for every dirt bag out to make a few free bucks off of a sports star. He'll have to work hard to keep his nose clean.

All that being said, I think Marcus will ultimately end up on someones practice squad. Personally i think it would do him good to literally start at the bottom and work his way up. I think it would do wonders for his character.

I said it at the end of the college season, and i'll say it again. Personally Marcus needs more work before he's gonna be successful in the NFL, wherever he goes. If he wasn't thrown out of school, and he coulda played his senior year, he woulda been much better off. Therefore, i think the practice squad is the best place for him. He's really not ready for the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom