Marino getting railed on the Eagles site | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino getting railed on the Eagles site

At least you got there. As players, it has to be considered failure. But as fans, you should be proud. You've fielded an elite team each year despite losing tons of top players to free agency.

Originally posted by Muck
At least you got there. As players, it has to be considered failure. But as fans, you should be proud. You've fielded an elite team each year despite losing tons of top players to free agency.

I agree, while I don't have anything against a "Philadelphia fan", I do not like "Philadelphia fans", as a group they pi$$ me off. For the most part Philly fans are passionate, proud, intelligent about their team fans, and should keep some pride in where they are and what they have acheived.

Even if you are the NFC's Bills :tongue:

May i say that if you rip dan for changing his mind i would recommend that you not get married!

as long as dan gets it right, who cares? philly fans looking for a reason to cry?:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

hey does this mean that Rush Limbaugh is right about Mcnabb being overrated? im sure all the media today are like down in the dumps that mcnabb didnt get to shove it up Rush' backside.

Originally posted by Great_One
As an Eagles fan, I will say this. One, If Marino changes his mind from the Eagles to the Panthers and if he can back it up on why the Panthers would win, I can understand and respect that totally. It really doesn't matter to me who picks who to win. They are all analysts and that is what they get paid to do. You don't always have to agree with what any analyst says, but he does have that right to change his mind from an HBO taping on Wednesday to a CBS taping on Sunday. There is plenty of time between Wedneday and Sunday and anything can change within that period of time. Two, what's with the smack talk about Philly? I haven't heard of any riots up here? We don't talk smack about Miami and anything about Miami? If you recall, who won the game between the Eagles and Dolphins? I would be very careful about that. And if anyone thinks that they know what happened on draft day back in 1999, ask someone who was there. When McNabb walked out on stage, there were a group of people from a radio station in town that did boo him because they wanted Ricky Williams. I can't and won't deny and defend that. That was just too wrong. As he came out, I stayed silent. I didn't cheer, nor did I boo him. Does that make this Eagle fan obnoxious? I don't think so. Why start with us when we didn't say or do anything to you? I'm sick of this. Three, Carolina beat us. We lost to a better team. Carolina wanted it more. Am I dissapointed, yes. But I'm not mad at the Panthers, they earned it. They created turnovers and made the receivers look very bad as if they weren't that good anyway. On that note, I wish the Panthers the best of luck in the SuperBowl. Many Eagle fans up here are pulling for the Panthers to win it all.

hey before you get upset, please have the presence of mind to realize that not everyone is the same kind of "fan." i am a dolphins fan - a rare one at that b/c i would cheer the dolphins even when they are losing. all fans for all teams are critical, but i just plain don't like the average philly fan's attitude. you see them boo the draft pick Mcnabb (even though you didn't do it, at least a dozen guys did), you see them leave the stands at the start of the 4th quarter yesterday..... they are too critical of immediate results and don't stand behind their team when their team needs them. they are superficial fans.

and did anyone see what happened to deshaun foster and jake delhomme when they went to the back of the endzone when deshaun scored that 1-yard td run??? fans were throwing sh@t out of the stands onto them. come on! don't throw stuff at the players that are beating you.... just acknowledge they are better.

i was pissed as hell that philly beat us in miami, but i acknowledge they are a better team. i didn't hate my team for it, and i didn't throw **** or talk smack about philly's TEAM.

their fans, on the other hand, are suspect!

.... and i just remembered the title of this thread - we are bashing eagles' fans b/c they are bashing marino on their forums..... like dan changing his mind is god changing fate! thats why we are criticizing eagles fans.... who cares what a commentator says about his "pick."

as someone said earlier in this thread (and i feel said it best), "its not like he said the eagles suck, or the eagles are going down. he simply said he picks the panthers to win."

so chillax eagles fans!

Although there were many people that did leave early against the Panthers, but please note that against the Packers, anyone could have left when the Packers were beating us and we were faced with 4th and 26. Nobody left the stadium. Two, I did acknowledge that the Panthers were the better team. Haven't you read my quote before you posted? Three, since this is supposed to be a Marino thread, stick to it! Don't bash the Eagles! I would suggest you read the quote before making comments.

First of all lets be real. These teams were VERY close. I think it isn;t an easy pick and I understand changing your mind.

Next, he was right, Carolina won so he did the right thing.

Finally, who gives a f****?

We have our own issues without worrying about what Eagle fans think. They are hurting right now and are just lashing out.

Get over it.

We have our own issues without worrying about what Eagle fans think. They are hurting right now and are just lashing out.

That's the thing....they were moaning BEFORE the game. They must've seen what was coming and wanted to drop the excuses on the table early.

Disclaimer: I know ALL Philly fans aren't this way...

Back
Top Bottom