Marino getting railed on the Eagles site | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino getting railed on the Eagles site

I should care because? Does that make him Pete Rose or something?

god this thread is ridiculous! marino won on inside the nfl on HBO by the way of "picks" for the year - (i.e. he is the best commentator at picking them)..... who cares if he changes? he does not decide the outcome. pointless thread.

i think at one point when we were slated to play the eagles chris collinsworth and bob costas picked the eagles over the dolphins.... i don't "hate" them. i realize some teams may be better.

sheesh - if the philly fans are doing and saying what you say they are on their boards, then they must be what, like 10 years old? come on, grow up.

Originally posted by jgarMD
Marino apparently did an about face on the picks segment today and picked the Panthers on CBS after picking the Eagles on his HBO show. He is getting killed by Eagles fans. If that is true, I lose a little respect for Marino with that BS.
because he changed, the eagles lost? it had nothing to do with the panthers kicking their a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Thank you Carolina Panthers, for beating the Eagles and shutting up their obnoxious fans.

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan
"their fans.... are as obnoxious as andy reid's waist!"

...a little locker-room humor there
:up:

As an Eagles fan, I will say this. One, If Marino changes his mind from the Eagles to the Panthers and if he can back it up on why the Panthers would win, I can understand and respect that totally. It really doesn't matter to me who picks who to win. They are all analysts and that is what they get paid to do. You don't always have to agree with what any analyst says, but he does have that right to change his mind from an HBO taping on Wednesday to a CBS taping on Sunday. There is plenty of time between Wedneday and Sunday and anything can change within that period of time. Two, what's with the smack talk about Philly? I haven't heard of any riots up here? We don't talk smack about Miami and anything about Miami? If you recall, who won the game between the Eagles and Dolphins? I would be very careful about that. And if anyone thinks that they know what happened on draft day back in 1999, ask someone who was there. When McNabb walked out on stage, there were a group of people from a radio station in town that did boo him because they wanted Ricky Williams. I can't and won't deny and defend that. That was just too wrong. As he came out, I stayed silent. I didn't cheer, nor did I boo him. Does that make this Eagle fan obnoxious? I don't think so. Why start with us when we didn't say or do anything to you? I'm sick of this. Three, Carolina beat us. We lost to a better team. Carolina wanted it more. Am I dissapointed, yes. But I'm not mad at the Panthers, they earned it. They created turnovers and made the receivers look very bad as if they weren't that good anyway. On that note, I wish the Panthers the best of luck in the SuperBowl. Many Eagle fans up here are pulling for the Panthers to win it all.

Originally posted by Great_One
As an Eagles fan, I will say this. One, If Marino changes his mind from the Eagles to the Panthers and if he can back it up on why the Panthers would win, I can understand and respect that totally. It really doesn't matter to me who picks who to win. They are all analysts and that is what they get paid to do. You don't always have to agree with what any analyst says, but he does have that right to change his mind from an HBO taping on Wednesday to a CBS taping on Sunday. There is plenty of time between Wedneday and Sunday and anything can change within that period of time. Two, what's with the smack talk about Philly? I haven't heard of any riots up here? We don't talk smack about Miami and anything about Miami? If you recall, who won the game between the Eagles and Dolphins? I would be very careful about that. And if anyone thinks that they know what happened on draft day back in 1999, ask someone who was there. When McNabb walked out on stage, there were a group of people from a radio station in town that did boo him because they wanted Ricky Williams. I can't and won't deny and defend that. That was just too wrong. As he came out, I stayed silent. I didn't cheer, nor did I boo him. Does that make this Eagle fan obnoxious? I don't think so. Why start with us when we didn't say or do anything to you? I'm sick of this. Three, Carolina beat us. We lost to a better team. Carolina wanted it more. Am I dissapointed, yes. But I'm not mad at the Panthers, they earned it. They created turnovers and made the receivers look very bad as if they weren't that good anyway. On that note, I wish the Panthers the best of luck in the SuperBowl. Many Eagle fans up here are pulling for the Panthers to win it all.

BAH don't take it to heart bro. We're just funnin' around...misery loves company as they say. Its not like any of us know you personally and are revelling in your misery. DEFINITELY NOT the case....just jokin' around. Easy to beat up on a team that just got beat.

Nothing personal.

True. I'm just hurt after three times coming up short in the conference championship.

You are the NFC's answer to the Buffalo Bills.

Originally posted by Great_One
True. I'm just hurt after three times coming up short in the conference championship.

I know its gotta hurt...you can imagine how we felt when we were the only team to beat the Bears in '85, then to get derailed by the Pats on the way to the SB. Not quite 3 years in a row, but I REALLY thought Danny had his ring that year.

Back
Top Bottom