Marino helping Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino helping Tannehill

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Dolphins QB said he’s had the chance to sit down and watch film with Marino on a couple of occasions, and he said it definitely was something from which he could benefit.

Dan Marino has been a regular visitor at Dolphins practice since he accepted a position with the organization in late August, and Ryan Tannehill said Wednesday he’s had the opportunity to get some pointers from the Hall of Fame quarterback.

“Dan has been great,” Tannehill said during his weekly press conference. “He’s been around a lot as of recent. Watched tape with him. He’s been in the QB room. He’s a great resource to have around, just his knowledge of the game (and) obviously the success that he had during his career.”

Tannehill said he’s had the chance to sit down and watch film with Marino on a couple of occasions, and he said it definitely was something from which he could benefit.

“It’s cool,” Tannehill said. “I appreciate the knowledge he has of the game, just little insights that he can point out and just him being around showing that he cares, it’s nice.

“He’s always just pointing out little things on tape, whether it’s a receiver’s routes or something I’m doing. He’s good at picking up little things and passing them along.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...50b?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Now if he'd just teach him that sweet touch he had on HIS long ball :up:

Dan probably knows more about the QB role than even his QB Coach Zach Taylor...
Actually this is great to hear that Dan is helping Ryan. His knowledge in commanding the huddle and helping build Ryan's confidence could really help.
WV is probably disappointed to hear this, his hatred of Tannehill is bordering on psychotic. To every other Dolphin fan, this is good news.

From reading what others have said in the past I have got the impression that Marino doesnt have the patience to teach or Coach. I really hope he is finaly willing to really help a young QB along.

Yea #13 knows a little something about completing a pass.

Dan2013_zpsbdoesxil-1.gif

I think Danny can also help Ryan with his footwork and sliding in the pocket to avoid pressure. No one did it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see Dan being hands on with the players and coaches and not just standing in the shadows, which I fully expected him to do. Hopefully he can bring his fire and passion to the team, we need it.

Dan is highly competitive. And knowing he has a hand in developing Ryan, he will want his boy to go out and kick butt. Give Marino some headphones with Ryan during the game :hump:

off topic, but what's the story with your sig pic?

Devon Still plays for the Bengals. His little girl is going through cancer treatment, and he is taking care of her by himself. The Bengals keep him on the team so he can get the insurance for her. Players wear his jersey as cancer awareness. The Pats cheerleaders wore his jersey during the pats bengals game. Even Kraft donted 25k to cancer research. His daughter Leah is very cute. All through this she still smiles big.
I just like how our guys go into it for him and her.

I'm glad that the coaching staff realizes that he's potentially a very good resource they can tap, and they are doing so.

Very happy to read this. Its nice to see Marino embracing being a Dolphin once again.

Was hoping Dan would pull him aside and give him some pointers. You couldn't ask for a better mentor for T-Hill. Here's to hoping Dan finally gets that ring that has eluded him for so long.

Back
Top Bottom