Marino helping Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino helping Tannehill

Bill Lazor doing what none of these others dared try.. give the kid access to "The Franchise"... don't know what worries me most; The Kid not being the goods... or Lazor being so good, he gets grabbed by another team (before we can HC him)

PFT chimed in on the subject.

Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill is getting some tutoring from the greatest quarterback in franchise history.

Tannehill said today that Dan Marino has been studying film with him, giving him pointers and generally acting as a sounding board.
Last month Marino said he was working with the Dolphins only in a community relations role and wasn’t coaching Tannehill, and Marino took issue with a report that he was evaluating both Tannehill and head coach Joe Philbin at the behest of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. But Tannehill now says Marino is giving him tips for how to play the quarterback position.
It’s a little odd that Marino is watching tape with Tannehill, given that Marino has no role on the coaching staff and previously insisted that he wasn’t involved in a coaching capacity. But few people have ever played the quarterback position any better than Marino. If Tannehill thinks Marino’s presence is helping him, that’s good for the Dolphins.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/dan-marino-tutoring-ryan-tannehill/

I love that Marino is giving Tannehill input. Danny Boy was a magician in the pocket. He wasn't mobile at all, but his evasion in the pocket was second to none. Feeling pressure, stepping up in pocket, sidestepping, contorting his body ... he had some jawdropping escapes that he then turned into big plays. If he can just give Tannehill some of that evasion ability in the pocket, that would be sweet. Then all we would need Tannehill to learn is that Houdini spin move that Romo and Brees have mastered.

Florio can't figure out the difference between helping a QB and evaluating a coach. He and his boy Jason Cole are a match made in heaven.

Apparently this is now on FaceBook and the comments on there are hilarious as usual

Dan probably knows more about the QB role than even his QB Coach Zach Taylor...
Actually this is great to hear that Dan is helping Ryan. His knowledge in commanding the huddle and helping build Ryan's confidence could really help.
WV is probably disappointed to hear this, his hatred of Tannehill is bordering on psychotic. To every other Dolphin fan, this is good news.

I think Dan has had some effect on RT. He seems to be making better decisions...Dan living vicariously through Ryan.
RT will never have Marino's velocity, quick release, deep touch, accuracy (Dan had the ability to throw to body parts where the WR wanted the ball), or the peripheral vision to side step the pressure that Dan had.
But he is making progress.
Dan is trying to make roast chicken out of canned chicken.
Regarding WV, he has been over the top at times, but some of criticisms are valid. The witch hunts on this forum actually bother me more.

Yeah, how is Dan sitting in on QB meetings linked with evaluating the coach?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Dan is giving his opinion on the staff, but Florio gonna Florio.

Glad to hear Dan and RT are having some "conversations" about the QB position. It can only help.

Also, second day in a row I heard something positive about RT and the Fins in general on Sirius Radio. This afternoon, Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin were making their picks for player awards through the first half of the season. I will quote Jim Miller when it came to "most improved player" award. Quote..." Dolphin fans are going to drop their jaws, but my most improved player so far this year is Ryan Tannehill. I saw him in the Bears game and that guy is light years ahead of where he was last year ".......

Don't know about the light years part, but it is good to hear positive things about RT from someone who knows the game.

Its about time Marino steps up and gives a Young Miami QB some guidance.
I have been waiting for Dan to do this and more. RT will learn a lot from Marino.
Just like Rodgers did from Favre.

If this season goes south, Dan will have a big role attracting people to run and coach this org.

Back
Top Bottom