Marino helping Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino helping Tannehill

Which has absolutely nothing to do with breaking down film and reading a defense. Failed attempt at a false argument.
I'm a big Marino fan, but his physical gifts (quick release, velocity, accuracy) cannot be taught.
He was not a thinking QB. An open receiver to Marino is not an open receiver to most QBs.
If he's giving RT pointers on footwork in the pocket or leadership in the huddle, thats fine. But I dont think he is the best coach in terms of reading defenses. He threw a lot of picks at the end of his career because he made poor reads and couldnt get away with some of those throws anymore because he lost some physical ability. Those are simply facts that are painful to admit.

You think Marino doesn't know how to break down film? Or Griese knows how to break down film better than Marino? Riiight. Furthermore everything I said about Griese are facts, you should watch him calling college and preseason games because clearly you havent. Its a fact he doesnt know the players names on the field (Mr. Best), Its a fact that people didnt want Henning and Sherman because of their old school mentality and its a fact that Griese is older than they are... Soooo, wheres the falseness in my post.

Marino might not have been the most cerebral quarterback to ever play the game, but I think the idea that he was just an idiot who went out and threw the football really hard is stretching it.

I also think that his attitude is part of what made him great, and if a little bit of that rubs off, that's a good thing.

One thing for sure, Dan can certainly teach Ryan how to tan properly in South Florida. Dang that boy's white!

Which has absolutely nothing to do with breaking down film and reading a defense. Failed attempt at a false argument.
I'm a big Marino fan, but his physical gifts (quick release, velocity, accuracy) cannot be taught.
He was not a thinking QB. An open receiver to Marino is not an open receiver to most QBs.
If he's giving RT pointers on footwork in the pocket or leadership in the huddle, thats fine. But I dont think he is the best coach in terms of reading defenses. He threw a lot of picks at the end of his career because he made poor reads and couldnt get away with some of those throws anymore because he lost some physical ability. Those are simply facts that are painful to admit.

I dont think so. Griese seems to be a bit off his rocker. And what helped him win in the 70's may not register to today's game.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

One thing for sure, Dan can certainly teach Ryan how to tan properly in South Florida. Dang that boy's white!

If he's not getting tan in Texas, he isnt getting tan in Miami. Seems close to being a ginger....maybe he just gets red. lol

Dan is my all time favorite player, and what he's doing with Tannehill cant hurt. But I dont think what made him great is teacheable and even then, he doesnt strike me as someone who would make a good teacher. Of course, i dont know him personally although we did get a few years of him on CBS.... Or maybe Im just putting to much stock in the the Wayne Gretzky expiriment... who knows...

Back
Top Bottom