Marino/Tannehill Comparison: First 6 starts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino/Tannehill Comparison: First 6 starts

Brees, Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Eli, Farve… we all thought it wouldn't happen, but records are made to be broken.

Never say never.

Who's talking about records? None of those guys are as skilled as Marino. They've also benefited from rule changes since he retired.

Marino was the greatest pure passer ever to play the game. There will never be another..

That being said he took over a team that had future hall of famers at the WR, and OL position, a legend for a coach.
Do you think marino would have the same success if he were a rookie playing for the 2012 team?
I think Tannehill is our franchise. I hope he does what Marino couldn't do and brings the Lombardi trophy back to Miami

Dan's the greatest that's not up for debate.

Some things about Tannehill though:

Dan was taking over the defending AFC champions, Ryan is taking over a team who's fans weekly battle cry last season was Suck for Luck.
Tannehill played much better than 4TD/6INT. Half of the pics came in the first game. He's leading TD drives but I don't know, when they score a lot of times it happens to be on the ground.
I really don't remember the games being this much fun since Marino. They aren't winning or competing becuase the QB is just avoiding mistakes, the running game is going to crap lately and Tannehill is a big part of why they are winning.

Back
Top Bottom