Marino's GREATEST game... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's GREATEST game...

The season opener against the Skins 35-17 I think or the AFC championship game against the steelers.Was it 85 and 84, I am not sure

Finfan53 said:
The season opener against the pats was arguably #1. If I remember right there was a 4th and 1 late in that game with Fryar split wide to the ride, with Marino and Fryar each giving the look, I think man coverage... and he hit Fryar on a streak down the right sideline for a 40yd TD pass. Sooo Nice!

I watched that game in a sports bar just off campus. It seemed half of us were Dolphins fans and the other half were Patriots fans. When Marino hit Fryar, the place erupted. It was beautiful.

I am biased to the Fake Spike game because i was there and the feeling of 70,000 Jets fans stunned in silence was awesome. Another awesome game not mentioned was the Playoff game against KC in 1990(Ithink) When we were down 16-3 in the 4th quater and Danny led 2 late scoring drives. The one to Clayton almost got picked off, Classic Marino threading the needle. And Later in his Career the Playoff game in Seattle, when he converted on 4th and 16........

Marino, the badass

''Fake Spike Game'', and in '99 When we came back to beat the Colts in the playoffs,

Overall Marino had plenty of awesome games.

My favorite 3 were the MNF game against the Bears, the fake spike against the Jets, and his first game back after the achilles injurie.....but I think his win against the Bears was the BEST. We're still the only 17-0 team ever. Only undefeated team ever.

nydolfan1313 said:
go to ebay and type in miami dolphins dvd

only had 4 listed, 2 duplicates of the loss to Joe in 84:yell: , last game of the season in 86 vs drew and the patsies, and his first start against the bills in his rookie year

dolphan999 said:
Dolphins vs Redskins when Marino threw 5 TD's and over 500 yds it was a season opener in D.C when they where still playing at RFK

:yell: I WANT MY SIG BACK!!!:fire: :fire: :fire:

PatsSuck456 said:
''Fake Spike Game'', and in '99 When we came back to beat the Colts in the playoffs,

Overall Marino had plenty of awesome games.

We never played the Colts in the '99 playoffs...I think you mean the Seahawks.

Trying pick Marinos greatest game is next to impossibe...he had too damn many to pick from! Just some of my faves:

`94 opener vs. Pats.
`84 AFC Championship win over Pitt.
Jets spike
`88 MNF win over Cleveland.
`86 loss to Jets.
`86 OT win over the Rams in Anaheim.
`85 MNF win over Chicago.
`84 MNF win over Dallas.
`84 Raiders loss...OT??? he threw for like 470 and 4 scores.
`90 playoff win over KC...`94 playoff win over KC too, for that matter. Montanas last game I think.

I agreed with all of the other posts here, but one that was special to me, was during his last year when Jimmy was bashing him in the media leading up to the Indy game. Marino responded with a 370+ yard game with the game winning TD pass to Gadsden with seconds left. I was definitiely a Marino fan first during those times and to see him respond like that during crunch time was one to savor. Kippy Brown where have you gone?

must be a lot of real young fans here, Best games would have to be from 84 or 85 seasons. nothing he did in the 90's was anything like his first, well first three years in the league.

Back
Top Bottom