Marino's GREATEST game... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's GREATEST game...

i'm only 19 and i really didn't get to watch all the great games of marino when i was younger but if i have to say the best game i have ever seen Marino play was the game in i think 1998 when Denver was coming off of their first loss of the season to the giants and it was a Monday Night game in Miami and Marino throughout the game continously connected with Lamar Thomas and actually threw 2 TD passes to LT...i was at that game and it was the best game i ever saw Marino play

DolfanTom said:
I'd have to say that '94 opener against the Pats. He was coming off his achillies injury and went toe to toe with a young Bledsoe. It was just plain fun to watch as he picked the Pats apart and hit Fryar at the end to win it! The next week, he was on SI's cover! It came at a time when you wondered if Marino would still be Marino - and he was, at least for a couple more years. I loved it.

Runners up:

-That game they lost against the Jets when he threw for like 521 yards. I still can't believe they lost by 10! I remember Dick Enberg getting so excited every time the Phins got the ball.
-Spike game
-Bear's MNF game, '85

Damn I miss that guy!!! :shakeno:

Good points but we lost that game against the Jets by 6 in overtime on a Ken O'Brien to Wesley Walker bomb...great coverage all day by the immortal corner combonation of William Judson and Paul Lankford....with Bud Brown at safety...makes you wonder how the hell we ever won a game with those stiffs in the secondary.

My fave Marino game....1984 AFC Chapmionship game against Pittsburgh.

Runner up is 1990 Wild Card game against the Chiefs...first playoff appearence since '85, the Nigerian Nightmare, Stoyanovich hits a 59 yarder just before the half, Marino hits Clayton and he makes a great move to get the ball over the cone for the leading T.D....the Chief drive down the field and Nick Lowery misses a long field goal that would have won the game...great great game.

TIP said:
Dolfans and non-dolpfans, what do you think Marino's greatest game was. Statistically or just from pure genius, doesn't matter. I'm in a toos-up between the fake spike game and the game against the Patriots to open the season after surgery the year before. Oh, and would anybody know where to get these games on video, trade or buy or whatever????Thanks for looking at my post. ;)

That spike was unbelieveable. Was that to Ingram? Anyway that's my favorite play even though it was a short pass. Maybe the best game, but I can't say I saw every game so...

Another great part of a game was when he broke his ankle (1992? or 93 maybe?) and was subsequently out for at least a month in the middle of the season. But first, he drove the team down for a touchdown, then he left the game! I don't know how the stats were, but from the point of competitive desire, that was sweet.

84 huh, wow what a way to start out a wonderful year. I was 4 years old then. oops, nobody cares...like i said what a wonderful way to start out a wonderful year!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

i agree with all those games....
n.e., pitt., bears, and the jets spike.
how about that 85 denver game in denver elway v.s. marino WOOOW THAT WAS AN OUTSTANING GAME!!!
nat moore tony nathen had huge games and marino was on fire!!!
fish won 30-26

Back
Top Bottom