mark clayton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mark clayton

ojmcduffy

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Mark Gregory Clayton (born April 8, 1961, in Indianapolis, Indiana) is a former American football wide receiver who played most of his career with the Miami Dolphins, entering the league in 1983 with the Dolphins and playing there until 1992. He finished out his career with the Green Bay Packers, playing a single season with them in 1993. He attended the University of Louisville.
A favorite target of Dan Marino, he paired with Mark Duper to form the popular "Marks Brothers". He was a five time Pro Bowl player in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988 and 1991. Clayton finished his 11 year career with 582 receptions for 8,974 yards, along with 108 rushing yards, 40 kickoff return yards, and 485 punt return yards. He also scored 88 total touchdowns (87 receiving and 1 punt return)

Happy birthday mark clayton. You are probably the best wr this franchise has ever seen, and a former louisville cardinal. Since i went to school at u of l as well i may be a bit biased.:hclap:
This guy is one of the reason marino became a legend and we should all drink a few in his honor. Fins up so lets drink up.

i also went to u of l and had no idea clayton was a card too! awsome

clayton and sam madison probably the only guys we got out of louisville, but both where pretty damn good.

Love Clayton....awesome receiver. I also believe he was the best WR Miami has had and I am not biased.lol

warfeld was great there is no doubt about that, but clayton did hold the single season recieving record for 3 years following the 84 season. I think warfeld suffered from being on a run first team.

Mark Gregory Clayton (born April 8, 1961, in Indianapolis, Indiana) is a former American football wide receiver who played most of his career with the Miami Dolphins, entering the league in 1983 with the Dolphins and playing there until 1992. He finished out his career with the Green Bay Packers, playing a single season with them in 1993. He attended the University of Louisville.
A favorite target of Dan Marino, he paired with Mark Duper to form the popular "Marks Brothers". He was a five time Pro Bowl player in 1984, 1985, 1986, 1988 and 1991. Clayton finished his 11 year career with 582 receptions for 8,974 yards, along with 108 rushing yards, 40 kickoff return yards, and 485 punt return yards. He also scored 88 total touchdowns (87 receiving and 1 punt return)

Happy birthday mark clayton. You are probably the best wr this franchise has ever seen, and a former louisville cardinal. Since i went to school at u of l as well i may be a bit biased.:hclap:
This guy is one of the reason marino became a legend and we should all drink a few in his honor. Fins up so lets drink up.
I think Paul Warfield would have something to say 'bout that.:up:

Since i wasn't born until 1974 my perception may be a bit off. Still it's the dudes birthday you guys can let him be the greatest even if it's only for one day.lol

warfeld was great there is no doubt about that, but clayton did hold the single season recieving record for 3 years following the 84 season. I think warfeld suffered from being on a run first team.

Warfield>Clayton

See the avatar.

Clayton tho had Duper on the other side...what a combo........Warfield was just him tho he had a great running game that defences had to worry about......Clayton should be in the hall of fame imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom