Mark It: We're Going To Win The Championship | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark It: We're Going To Win The Championship

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I took off work early (rather on-time) to catch the last quarter of tonight's game against the Wolves. More of the same from our Miami Heat. Except this time, Shaq put the team on his shoulders and won it.

We may lose a game now and then. But with the way this team closes games....the way guys step up....the way the bench comes thru....I have a hard time believing anybody can take us in a 7-game series. This group is just so consistent. And we haven't even seen Zo and Steve Smith yet (in any significant time).

The Obese One (please!!) is getting into form. MVP form. You hear it all the time: "Shaq makes his teammates better". And boy are we seeing it. Like Kenny Smith said tonight, Damon Jones has never played this well. Udonis Haslem has never played this well. Eddie Jones hasn't played this well since the '90s.

In a wierd way, it's almost like watching the Patriots. When the game's close, you just KNOW that somehow, some way, our guys are going to pull it out. Somebody IS going to step up. We ARE going to make shots. We ARE going to get a turnover.

It's such a joy watching this group. Heck, as a non-resident....it's great just seeing the Heat on TV. But we're starting to get that special feeling. I hope I can get down to the AAA before it's all said and done.

Heat all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a diehard wolves fan...and all I have to say is don't feel too good about beating us. We're a bad bad basketball team. It pains me to have to see KG suffer fools. And that is what he's having to do. Latrell Sprewell is EVIL. :fire:

That's the thing. We've been beating everyone like this. There's a little more than a month to go in the season. And we're starting to heat up (pun intended). :)

I'm waiting for X-Con to post a gif of Wade's dunk over Garnett...it was sweet! :D

I agree with us winning it all, but can you imagine If we get knocked off in the playoffs. Or in that case do not win it all? What a bummer it would be for the players and fans? Lets hope we take it all.

You definitely have a shot but i'd still go w/ Detroit in the East.

You might win the East (still think Detroit is the team to beat when it matters). I can't see Miami beating a team like Phoenix, Seattle, or the Spurs in the Finals. They are just clearly a step above.

Noodle Arm said:
I'm waiting for X-Con to post a gif of Wade's dunk over Garnett...it was sweet! :D

I'm waiting for that too. That was great!

1830WadePosterize.gif

Great like that one. :chuckle:

Noodle Arm said:

Yeah, I need a GIF of that. Definitely his 2nd best dunk ever, but the J.O. posterization takes the cake. :wink:

MikeO said:
You might win the East (still think Detroit is the team to beat when it matters). I can't see Miami beating a team like Phoenix, Seattle, or the Spurs in the Finals. They are just clearly a step above.

I wouldnt put Seattle in that same group but Heat fans are getting a little carried away. They could win it but if they face the Spurs or Suns in the finals the western team will be favored.

I think the only team the heat would be scared of in the east is the pacers, but since they are finished.... The inevitable Heat/Pistons matchup will be a good one, but with homecourt the heat should win it.

During this 7 game win streak...

Sat. Feb 26 Orlando W 101-98 (3pts-No Shaq)
Sun. Feb 27 @ Orlando W 112-103 (9pts-No Shaq)
Thu. Mar 3 @ New Jersey W 106-90 (16pts)
Fri. Mar 4 Sacramento W 104-83 (21pts)
Sun. Mar 6 @ Cleveland W 102-82 (20pts)
Mon. Mar 7 Philadelphia W 108-100 (8pts-had 20+ pt lead, let up in the 4th)
Thu. Mar 10 Minnesota W 107-90 (17pts)

So far, throughout our current winstreak we have pretty much dissected all opponents. This team is clicking on all cylinders, every player on the team is playing their best basketball of the season, and many of the guys are playing the best basketball of their careers.

I'm confident in us represtenting the Eastern Conference in the NBA Finals.

A lot of these so called experts are still suggesting that Detroit is the team to beat in the east. Strange, considering that they are only 7 1/2 games behind us. :shakeno:

MikeO said:

Do you still think the Celtics are garbage like you thought less than a week ago? How bout them taking the Pistons down in double OT tonight? How about Philly winning the Atlantic with the almighty Chris Webber? Philly was better off without that clown. Seems to me, that you will be eating crow soon.

If Danny Ainge traded Pierce for Allen straight up I wouldve advised Boston to get the pitchforks and torches ASAP...good non-move by Ainge the bozo

they do have a decent team now

TerryTate said:
If Danny Ainge traded Pierce for Allen straight up I wouldve advised Boston to get the pitchforks and torches ASAP...good non-move by Ainge the bozo

they do have a decent team now

HaHa, I have mixed feelings with Ainge. I hated him for trading Toine the first time around, and even more so for what we got in return. However, him bringing back employee #8 and the draft he put together this year bringing in Jefferson, Allen and West, I really don't have too much to complain about now.

I don't think we can take the heat, but I think we can play with and beat anyone else in the east.

Back
Top Bottom