Mark It: We're Going To Win The Championship | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark It: We're Going To Win The Championship

you don't think Boston will be the 3 seed playing Rd 1 on the road? Then you haven't looked at the NBA rules of late.

Boston in the 3 hole due to winning the division is only a game or two ahead of Washington, Cleveland, Chicago, and Indiana. If any of those teams finish with a better record than Boston, just 1.......then Boston is the 3 seed playing round 1 of the playoffs WITHOUT home court advantage!

MikeO said:
you don't think Boston will be the 3 seed playing Rd 1 on the road? Then you haven't looked at the NBA rules of late.

Boston in the 3 hole due to winning the division is only a game or two ahead of Washington, Cleveland, Chicago, and Indiana. If any of those teams finish with a better record than Boston, just 1.......then Boston is the 3 seed playing round 1 of the playoffs WITHOUT home court advantage!

No we know the rules buddy. It's just ridiculous to think that we're going to get swept 4 games by a team who by your standards is just about is pathetic as we are. Homecourt advantage or not...

MikeO said:

I am aware of the NBA RULES, thanks.

I'm laughing at you because you don't think Boston will win 1 game if they make the playoffs.

Let's break down some numbers....

OK, I took the time to look over the Celtics schedule. I have put the "good" teams in bold. Let's see how they stack up against the good teams. And Im gonna count Indiana as good as they are only 2 games behind Boston in the win column and they had all of those suspensions early on.

What I would call "good wins" in bold.

Wins
NY
Portland
Charlotte
Seattle
Orlando
Mill
Toronto
Seattle
LA Clippers
Utah
Cleveland
NY
Wash
N.O
Golden St
Orlando
Chicago
Atlanta
Charlotte
Indiana
Chicago
New Jersey
Orlando
Minnesota
LA Clippers
NY
Memphis
Utah
Phoenix
LA Lakers
Memphis
Charlotte
Atlanta
Detroit

7 total.......not bad

I will put teams that are "good" in bold, let's see how many loses they have agaisnt teams that are better than they are either in record or talent level.
Loses
Philadelphia
Indiana
Washington
San Antonio
Indiana
Philadelphia
Cleveland
Miami
Sacramento
Golden St
Portland
Denver
Miami
San Antonio
Dallas
Memphis
Detroit
Chicago
Toronto
New Jersey
Atlanta
Phoenix
Houston
Milwaukee
Sacramento
LA Lakers
Denver
Minnesota

15 I count.

Goes to prove my point. Boston beats up on the crappy teams. Loses to the good teams. And every now and then like agaisnt Seattle, Phoenix, Detroit will pull off a nice win every now and then.

This team isn't any good. The numbers don't lie!

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
No we know the rules buddy. It's just ridiculous to think that we're going to get swept 4 games by a team who by your standards is just about is pathetic as we are. Homecourt advantage or not...

It all comes down to match-ups. If you play Washington or Indiana in the first round I don't see you guys winning a game. If you end up drawing Chicago then you might sneak out a win or two.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
I agree, I was going nuts as well. However, I'm not sure what to think of that Payton foul, seeing it first in real time it looked like that he did indeed get a piece of Billups. But on replay, it looked like he didn't touch him at all, so I'm not sure what to think of that. Tommy didn't seem to think GP touched him, but then again, anything that goes against the Celts Tommy doesn't agree with. :lol:

The Truth was definitely back last night, he shot like 13-14 from the foul line, missing one that would have potentially put the game away in regulation. I still think the biggest play of the game came from Delonte, when Toine put up that ill-advised 3 that was off and West came in for the offensive rebound and the bucket to keep Detroit from running away. Ricky Davis was also awesome last night.

Hey, I don't think their great but it doesn't really matter to me, because they are an exciting team to watch...

That play by West made me jump up and hit my head on the celing fan. He came in like a bullet un touched for the easy rebound and lay-in..

You are so right about Tommy :lol: but it really lookd like Billups tripped over his own two feet on the replay.. I had thought Payton bumped into him but on the replay it really didn't look like there was any contact. Walker got some good looks last night but it seemed like everytime he put the ball up the rim shrunk.. he couldn't get anything to fall last night. I cringed when he put up that 3. I think they play the wizards tomorrow night, should be another good game!

MikeO said:
It all comes down to match-ups. If you play Washington or Indiana in the first round I don't see you guys winning a game. If you end up drawing Chicago then you might sneak out a win or two.

DONT BACKTRACK

STAND BY YOUR FIRST STATEMENT

MikeO said:

We have Washington tomorrow, I don't see why you think they are so much better than we are? According to you any team that is BARELY over .500 is garbage. We've already beaten the Wizards this season anyway, you aren't making too much sense here.

and to clear it up one again, I NEVER said the Celtics wouldn't win a playoff game.

I said if they did I would be shocked. Go back and re-read what I wrote!!!]

You guys keep changing what i said to fit your argument.

As I always say, once the playoffs are here I am ready to put my $$$$$$$$ where my mouth is. We can each pay pal the $$$ to AJ or Muck let him hold it. Then he can dish it out to the winner. Im ready to put my $$$$$$$$ where my mouth is. Are you two clowns? Wanna bet $50? $100? $200? More. You name it, Im ready!

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
We have Washington tomorrow, I don't see why you think they are so much better than we are? According to you any team that is BARELY over .500 is garbage. We've already beaten the Wizards this season anyway, you aren't making too much sense here.

Because the trio of Hughes, Jamison, and Arenas is better than any 3 guys on your team. Pierce and Walker are ok, but after that you got nothing.

I don't put a lot into these regular season games. They give a good indicator of what teams are sure. But when its playoff time, a team like Washington and their stars are clearly a step above the Boston's, Philly's, and Orlando's of the world.

You have lost your mind.

1)Webber isn't overrated. Just damaged goods. When healthy he is one of the TOP players in the league.

2) Celtics suck. Sorry, but they do. Payton sucks, why would you want him back?

3) Doc Rivers is a BAD coach. He will hold Boston back.

If the Celtics win a single playoff game. Not a series, a game......I will be shocked.

What was originally posted. You also went on to say Payton is shot as a player, at which point others jumped in and told you that you were incorrect, but thats for another day.

FiN.in.RI said:
You might want to re-read this thread, slick.

I did. I said I would be shocked if they won a single playoff game. That doens't mean I said they won't. I said I would be shocked.

You wanna come here and say it means the same thing....ok. Fine.

Like I said, the playoffs start soon. I will put my $$$$ where my mouth is then once I see the match-ups.

I seriously doubt you will bet me though because at the end of the day you know Im right and you aren't betting money on the Boston Celtics to actually win big games.

Patyon is shot as a player. He sucks and can't play against good point guards. Just go watch last years NBA Playoffs, he was horrid.

Just because now he is in the East and looks less horrid playing agaisnt weaker competition doesn't mean he isn't shot as a player.

Back
Top Bottom