Mark It: We're Going To Win The Championship | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark It: We're Going To Win The Championship

Ferretsquig said:
They could win it but if they face the Spurs or Suns in the finals the western team will be favored..

Now, my memory is a bit fuzzy. Just what exactly happened last year when the Western Conference team were heavy favorites to win the Championship? :tongue:

KuD said:
Now, my memory is a bit fuzzy. Just what exactly happened last year when the Western Conference team were heavy favorites to win the Championship? :tongue:

That was different. The Lakers were a mess off the court and you can make a case that they were only favored becuase of their reputation.

The Spurs, Suns, Sonics.........they can actually play and are really really good!

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Do you still think the Celtics are garbage like you thought less than a week ago? How bout them taking the Pistons down in double OT tonight? How about Philly winning the Atlantic with the almighty Chris Webber? Philly was better off without that clown. Seems to me, that you will be eating crow soon.

Go back and read the thread. I never said Philly was winning the Atlantic or good. I in fact said AI would not pass the ball to Webber and that team is a mess. All I said is that Webber isn't a choker. I never said Philly was great. Go check it out for yourself. Watch out, there's a NEW force in the East(Sixers) - Other Sports

On Boston I am 100% correct, they are terrible. I don't care who they beat last night. They are 4 games over .500 in the EAST (yes the EAST) and play in the worst division in the history of the NBA! They only have a 2.5 game lead over the 8 seed and could still EASILY miss the playoffs because their division lead is only 3 games.

MikeO said:
On Boston I am 100% correct, they are terrible.

Your credibility goes down with each and every post you type.

The Celts aren't a great team but they're not terrible. We had Detroit runnin' circles last night.. a terrible team won't do that to the defending champs and a terrible team doesn't equate to a team that is 4 games over .500, either.

FiN.in.RI said:
Your credibility goes down with each and every post you type.

The Celts aren't a great team but they're not terrible. We had Detroit runnin' circles last night.. a terrible team won't do that to the defending champs and a terrible team doesn't equate to a team that is 4 games over .500, either.

It was a meaningles regular season game in early March. Who cares about last nights game! Your telling me a team that is 4 games over .500 is great??? LOL, please and you talk about credibility.

Boston is 4 games over .500. In any other division they would be middle of the pack and probably OUT of the playoffs. They are just lucky enough to be in the worst division in NBA history and will get a 3 seed if they win the Atlantic, but because their record SUCKS SO MUCH, they will win the division and play Rd 1 of the playoffs on the ROAD! Yeah, sign of a great team there! :shakeno:

Inside their division they have a 5-4 record. 5-4 playing agaisnt the likes of ****ttty teams like NY, NJ, and Toronto. They are 10-19 on the road this year. No, they aren't terrible, they are lighting the world on fire! :shakeno:

And you talk about credibility! LOL LOL :roflmao:

MikeO said:
It was a meaningles regular season game in early March. Who cares about last nights game! Your telling me a team that is 4 games over .500 is great??? LOL, please and you talk about credibility.

Boston is 4 games over .500. In any other division they would be middle of the pack and probably OUT of the playoffs. They are just lucky enough to be in the worst division in NBA history and will get a 3 seed if they win the Atlantic, but because their record SUCKS SO MUCH, they will win the division and play Rd 1 of the playoffs on the ROAD! Yeah, sign of a great team there! :shakeno:

Inside their division they have a 5-4 record. 5-4 playing agaisnt the likes of ****ttty teams like NY, NJ, and Toronto. They are 10-19 on the road this year. No, they aren't terrible, they are lighting the world on fire! :shakeno:

No one ever said the team was lighting the world on fire. All we ever said is that they aren't garbage. It's clear to any non biased basketball fan. They are 6-1 after the trading deadline, with wins over Phoenix and Detroit in that span. Stop judging the team that was playing before the trading deadline, because this team is much more dangerous.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
No one ever said the team was lighting the world on fire. All we ever said is that they aren't garbage. It's clear to any non biased basketball fan. They are 6-1 after the trading deadline, with wins over Phoenix and Detroit in that span. Stop judging the team that was playing before the trading deadline, because this team is much more dangerous.

You forgot to add a plethora of smilies to make your post look credible.

FiN.in.RI said:
You forgot to add a plethora of smilies to make your post look credible.

AHAHAHA, no kidding... when it comes to Boston, he never gives credit where it's due.

Did you happen to catch that game last night?? What an incredible game, Payton had me talking to myself when he fouled billups shooting a 3 at the end of regulation. One of the most exciting regular season NBA games I have ever seen.

MikeO said:

Do you still stand by your statement that Boston will not win one game in the playoffs this year? As the 3 seed? hahaha....

the numbers dont' lie. 5-4 inside the worst division in NBA history. 10-19 on the road. Only 4 games over .500. And on the road in the first round of the playoffs. If you are gonna look at those numbers and tell me THAT team (remove the team name for a second) with those numbers is good or "not terrible" then you are fooling yourself.

The Knicks are like 5-1 or 6-1 since the trade deadline as well, are you gonna tell me they don't suck? Please, they suck. Winning a few games means in a couple weeks doesnt' erase everything. As Bill Parcells said, "You are what your record says you are". The Celtics are a ever so slightly better than .500 team who is terrible on the road and struggles against bad division opponents.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
Do you still stand by your statement that Boston will not win one game in the playoffs this year? As the 3 seed? hahaha....

3 seed playing the first round on the ROAD! Yes, I stand by it.

Might be wrong, but they haven't shown me anything yet to make me change my mind.

FaninPatsyLand1 said:
AHAHAHA, no kidding... when it comes to Boston, he never gives credit where it's due.

Did you happen to catch that game last night?? What an incredible game, Payton had me talking to myself when he fouled billups shooting a 3 at the end of regulation. One of the most exciting regular season NBA games I have ever seen.

I was going crazy last night man.. I felt like I was in the stands watching that game, so much intensity from both sides.

We had a total of 3 chances to win that game.. I didn't think it would even go into OT, I thought we had the game won. The phantom foul by Payton on Billups was bull ****!! The refs in the NBA suck so bad so I guess it's to be expected. Paul Pierce looked like the PP of 2 years ago last night.

"Paul Pierced in the heart as the crowd shook, acting alone..." -GZA

FiN.in.RI said:
I was going crazy last night man.. I felt like I was in the stands watching that game, so much intensity from both sides.

We had a total of 3 chances to win that game.. I didn't think it would even go into OT, I thought we had the game won. The phantom foul by Payton on Billups was bull ****!! The refs in the NBA suck so bad so I guess it's to be expected. Paul Pierce looked like the PP of 2 years ago last night.

"Paul Pierced in the heart as the crowd shook, acting alone..." -GZA

I agree, I was going nuts as well. However, I'm not sure what to think of that Payton foul, seeing it first in real time it looked like that he did indeed get a piece of Billups. But on replay, it looked like he didn't touch him at all, so I'm not sure what to think of that. Tommy didn't seem to think GP touched him, but then again, anything that goes against the Celts Tommy doesn't agree with. :lol:

The Truth was definitely back last night, he shot like 13-14 from the foul line, missing one that would have potentially put the game away in regulation. I still think the biggest play of the game came from Delonte, when Toine put up that ill-advised 3 that was off and West came in for the offensive rebound and the bucket to keep Detroit from running away. Ricky Davis was also awesome last night.

Hey, I don't think their great but it doesn't really matter to me, because they are an exciting team to watch...

Back
Top Bottom