Marlins might be moving out of Pro Player... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins might be moving out of Pro Player...

Gonk

Active Roster
Reaction score
Sorry about all my new threads guys, but I think this deserved some recognition.

Marlins | Downtown Dome Dream Coming True?
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 23:49:17 -0700

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson is reporting the Florida Marlins have told Miami city manager Joe Arriola they are willing to contribute $100 million toward a proposed new downtown domed stadium. According to Arriola, the city would be interested in collaborating on the project under that scenario.

If it comes true, no more baseball diamond while playing football!

Originally posted by Gonk
Sorry about all my new threads guys, but I think this deserved some recognition.

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson is reporting the Florida Marlins have told Miami city manager Joe Arriola they are willing to contribute $100 million toward a proposed new downtown domed stadium. According to Arriola, the city would be interested in collaborating on the project under that scenario.

Hopefully the deals happen since it will be beneficial to Marlins and Dolphins.

I remember when the Marlins came into

The league and The owners decided to name the team the Florida Marlins instead of the Miami Marlins.. Well according to the sports radio up here 660 WFAN. Dade county likes the idea "only" if they change their name to the Miami Marlins....

Well here's to hoping the Florida Marlins become the Miami Marlins, and not having to see the Baseball Diamond the first month of the season.

I hate that diamond in the field so bad. I hope they move. That would be great.

This was reported last year before the strike happened. Now it is being said again. I would prefer Miami Marlins just to represent South Florida. But we would still see that diamond for at least 2-3 more years because that is how long it takes to make a stadium. Also 100 million bcuks go into our taxes :(

Originally posted by Gonk

:pray::pray:
:pray: please please please please!

Wait a minute.. Marlins to get a dome?? What have they done to desrve it?? If anything, the Dolphins should get the dome stadium.. Am I the only one seeing it this way?

Anything to get rid of that ugly diamond on the football field. That thing is horrible to see on the field, especially when it gets muddy.

Wait a minute.. Marlins to get a dome?? What have they done to desrve it?? If
now why in the hell would the dolphins want a dome... uggh no.. artificial turf, negating the advantage we have from the florida sun..

Domes that arent retractable should be banned from all sports...

The Dolphins in a Dome????? UUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The only thing I care about and would pray for if the Marlins moved is that Wayne would renovate Pro Player and make it into a Football Stadium rather than the Multi purpose piece of crap it is.

I've been whaling on this for years. We lost a significant piece of our Home field advantage when we moved out of the Orange Bowl in 1987. The stands at the stadium formerly known as Joe Robbie are too far from the field to create the electricity and buzz that the Orange Bowl created. I really think the Orange Bowl was a 2 win handicap for us compared to P.P.S.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Wait a minute.. Marlins to get a dome?? What have they done to desrve it?? If anything, the Dolphins should get the dome stadium.. Am I the only one seeing it this way?

The LAST thing we want is a dome. Having our stadium outdoors gives us a HUGE advantage during home games.

Back
Top Bottom