Marlins might be moving out of Pro Player... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins might be moving out of Pro Player...

I am a big Marlins fan so I wish they get a stadium ASAP. As for the Fins, I hate to see them play on that baseball infield. Each sport should have it's own stadium/arena.

The reason why a new stadium will benifit the Marlins is not mainly because PPS is on the dade/broward line and not closer to downtown. It has to do with many things.

While the fact that the stadium is so far away from downtown does affect attendance somewhat, it is not the main reason the Marlins need a new stadium because when the team wins, people go. Regardless of it's location. In 1997, when the Marlins won the World Series, fans went. Now, with the Marlins playing as good as they are, people are going. The attendance for a Wednesday Night game earlier in June reached more than 30,000 to see Dontrelle Willis.

The distance of the stadium is not the main problem, the problem is that the Marlins are paying too much to play in PPS, but even more than that is the fact that the Marlins don't get enough revenue from the stadium. The Marlins don't get revenue for parking or concessions at PPS thus they aren't producing much.

The other thing is that since it rains so much in Miami during the summer, it's vital that the Marlins play in a retractable roof stadium because they need to keep the beauty of So. Florida in their games but for the days it rains, they need to still be able to play. It happens to almost any Marlins fan, in that you might want to go to the game today but since it looks like it's going to rain, you don't go, thus lower attendance.

These are the reasons the Marlins need a new stadium, plus, for the Dolphins, you won't have to ever see the field during the early part of the season.

Originally posted by Migs182005
The reason why a new stadium will benifit the Marlins is not mainly because PPS is on the dade/broward line and not closer to downtown. It has to do with many things.

While the fact that the stadium is so far away from downtown does affect attendance somewhat, it is not the main reason the Marlins need a new stadium because when the team wins, people go. Regardless of it's location. In 1997, when the Marlins won the World Series, fans went. Now, with the Marlins playing as good as they are, people are going. The attendance for a Wednesday Night game earlier in June reached more than 30,000 to see Dontrelle Willis.

I have to disagree with this. In 1997, no team in the playoffs that year had attendance figures as low as ours. In fact, no World Series winner in the 9 years previous had such low attedance averages and none, with the exception of the Angels last year, have had since. Even with all the winning lately, the attendance still is pour, except when Dontrelle picthes, of course, because he has become a sensation around the country and not just in South Florida.

I agree fully that the Marlins do not get revenue from the parking, that they pay too much, that they need a retractable roof yet, I still think all of those are secondary reasons to the need for a baseball stadium within reasonable distance from Miami.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
This has got me thinking...you know what team needs a dome?

Buffalo! This way we won't have to play them in a blizzard again.

Man, I am dreaming right now. Big time.

That's right. Leave the Phins there alone.
And
And
And
Change it back to JOE ROBBIE STADIUM
:fire:

Back
Top Bottom