Marvin Allen Is The New Assistant Gm According To Adam Schefter | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvin Allen Is The New Assistant Gm According To Adam Schefter

Hey...I hope this all finally has my favorite team back on track...I really do.

I would love to come on here and tell you I was wrong... my gut was wrong.

But... my gut is telling me Grier is hiring people he is friends with...people who will be yes men to him.

If so...it’s another wasted 3 years!

The reason I question it is simple... I don’t see Flores as ready...not enough experience coordinating or head coaching...We just hired a young guy with much more experience in a major position in the NFL(Adam Gase)...who displayed immaturity and issues dealing with managing players as a head coach.

So...our solution was to find a guy even greener at being the head guy?

I don’t know...maybe if Grier hired somebody based only on results...and not past relationships I might have more optimism!

I like that the organization is shaping up to be a lot more organized rather than having 3 guys call shots and having one person overrule everyone and ready to make the home run signing. We'll be a lot better as an organization even if we don't win right away.

so y’all are of a mind that a guy who went from “the mail room to the boardroom”, suddenly after 20yrs of “yessir, no sir”; upon finally getting his 1-shot... plans to fratboy with men who came up hard same as him, through the same organization, under to tutlage of one of its championship architects.. his own father?

the rule of the law is, find deputies you can put your life in their hands, and will lay theirs down for you. imo: these men are gonna give it their very best efforts.

A fresh set of eyes on this roster is never a bad thing. The Kansas City connection is nice. He’s seen what great nfl players look like and I don’t think he will find many here.

I know nothing about this guy except that he sucks. lol

If this guy is more known for getting Hill to the Chiefs and less for getting Allen to the Bills, then good for us. Next week comes the hiring of the assistant to the assistant of the GM.

Has Marino's title changed? Just curious.

I know nothing about this guy except that he sucks. lol

If this guy is more known for getting Hill to the Chiefs and less for getting Allen to the Bills, then good for us. Next week comes the hiring of the assistant to the assistant of the GM.

Has Marino's title changed? Just curious.

Allen is a phenom athlete that was rookie this year and I'd welcome him

to Miami with a great staff and plan for his success like yesterday!

IMO he's the classic example of a dude that needs the right system

right talent around him -- and then he could be totally lethal.

Is there anyone who isn’t “widely respected” or “well respected” these days?

Anyone who asks an appropriate question in Washington, DC

I don't know anything about this Allen guy but the entire idea is to raise the level of smarts and instincts within the organization. I will trust that is what they are doing. Then the evidence will show up if we no longer spend early draft picks on players who have redshirted, and we stop drafting defensive ends who flunk the explosiveness tests, and we stop drafting overaged guys, etc.

There are so many ways to give yourself a slight theoretical advantage instead of slight negative expectancy, yet the Dolphins for decades have seemingly been clueless about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think these are what you call "professional contacts"...the devil that you know, so to speak. I have no problem with the fact they had a prior relationship.

Grier just took on a butt load of more responsibility with the departure of Tannenbaum. He will now oversee EVERYTHING. This gives him an experienced guy who can focus on the scouting and weed through all the things Grier has little time for....

Why would you not hire someone familiar that you trust?

The one thing that Grier, Allen and Flores all have in common, is they all came up through the New England Patriots organization, when it began its dominance over the NFL. They all have witnessed how that organization has done business and built a successful, consistent winner over the last 20 years. They also share a scouting background which could help identify and teach prospective prospects and draftees how to fit into the way Miami runs things on and off the field. I have no problem with what Grier has been doing so far. Allen has an awesome background, a background that could help lead Miami back to dominance and consistent winning. All of this obviously remains to be seen. But the signs are there pointing to potential success.

Back
Top Bottom