Marvin Allen Is The New Assistant Gm According To Adam Schefter | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marvin Allen Is The New Assistant Gm According To Adam Schefter

This is the traditional structure Ross has finally realized should be the way the team be run. I'm glad to see an asst GM hired, someone who Grier believes in and knows very well. Thank God for the beheading of the 3 headed monsters and too many hands in the cookie jar approach. Finally a football operation that is shaping up to be something I as a fan, can be proud of. Not the BS stink that was the norm since Shula retired.

little more back ground,

GpygcAIz

Allen is greatly respected across the NFL for his scouting and talent, and before joining the Bills last season, he spent four years with the Kansas City Chiefs (2013-2016) as their Director of College Scouting (which means he likely had a hand in drafting players like Travis Kelce, Eric Fisher, Dee Ford, Marcus Peters, Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes), and now brings his expertise to the Dolphins to assist Grier as the team rebuilds after years of desperately trying to patch holes.

“Marvin started in the 90’s. He’s most recently been a college (scouting) director so he’s sat in that seat,” Bills GM Brandon Beane said when he brought in Allen in 2017. “He’s going to be a great resource not only for me, but for all our college scouts.”

Before his tenure with the Chiefs, Allen spent time with the Falcons as a national scout (2009-2013), and before that, spent around 16 years with the New England Patriots, not only as a scout, but as a running back from 1988-1991, which is likely where he and Grier first connected.

Wonder who takes over cap management and contracts- does Ross ask Aponte to leave his other entity and come back?

Are you implying Ross owns the NFL?

Dawn Aponte is the Chief Football Administrator for the league, as far as I know.

Perhaps the rumor of Ross keeping tabs on which players Grier, Tannenbaum and Gase wanted to draft has paid dividends, for Grier, but potentially for the organization and fans as well. Grier now can bring in guys with enormous amounts of experience in scouting and drafting. Marvin Allen sounds like a very astute scout. This could be something the organization looks back on and points to the reason the team began to win consistently?

Bro do u even know what that word means?

Technically, you are correct. Nepotism by strict definiton would only include favor on the basis of family relation. Cronyism would be the more apt term here to refer to patronage for friends. However, cronyism has a more negative connotation in common use, and people have started using the terms interchangeably because that's just what happens to language over time.

I'll say this: it is always worth noting that sometimes nepotism is not necessarily a bad thing. First, because you tend to have a higher level of trust and confidence in friends and family members which can lead to better working relationships, and secondly because friends and family members will sometimes be willing to go to work in places where they otherwise would not be interested in working.

A hire like this could end up being more important than our new head coach. We’ve needed a front office that could actually give a head coach some legit tools to work with for what feels like a lifetime.

Are you implying Ross owns the NFL?

Dawn Aponte is the Chief Football Administrator for the league, as far as I know.

I forgot she took that position- thought she went to work for another Ross company.

My bad.

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Former Miami Dolphins executive Dawn Aponte is back in the NFL.

After being transferred out of the Dolphins front office and into another business owned by Stephen Ross, Aponte was hired as chief administrator of football operations, according to Sports Business Journal.

Aponte’s job will be directly inside the NFL league office.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2017/06/12/former-dolphins-executive-dawn-aponte-job-league-office/

I’m not going to sit here and pretend to have a flow diagram charting every recommendation he made in real time to GM Dorsey. But during the period he was director of college scouting at KC, look at the list of picks, and moves for that matter, including jumping up for Mahomes. That was brilliant.

We are getting meat and potatoes football guys in here, not frauds.

Ross has had a decade long apprenticeship, but he may be starting to get it. If nothing else if you make a list of every loser trait his last few football hires have had, that teaches him what doesn’t work.

Back
Top Bottom