Matt Flynn vs Danny Weeden | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Flynn vs Danny Weeden

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Matt Flynn vs Brandon Weeden

With the existing thread titled Matt Flynn vs RG3 I thought I would use the same idea with Brandon Weeden. Main reason is RG3 IMO won't be an option for us. Weeden is only 1 year older and reading reports from the Senior Bowl as well as watching him during the season Weeden seems to be impressing big time at the Senior Bowl.

The positives for Flynn are he is familiar with Philbin and the system and he has learned behind Rodgers. The positive for Weeden is he seems to have more talent and IMO more potential than Flynn. Being 28 Weeden can start right away and maybe play 10 years for us. The negatives for both is the obvious and that is none of us know how they will actually pan out as opposed to their potential. They are both risks but every rookie or backup QB is.

If we decide to draft a QB IMO Weeden is the best option for us, even better than Tannehill, because of Weeden's experience in the spread and just pure talent. What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:
On a serious note, I would take Flynn every time. He has experiance in Philbin's system, and has shown that he can perform in the system. Weeden may be older, but that doesn't mean he can start right away, like you suggested in the post. Age doesn't make you better, experiance makes you better. That is something that Flynn has. Weeden, along with ALL other rookies, do not.

Fun fact: Brandon Weeden is almost one full year older than Matt Moore.

Danny Weeden is that sick QB from FLU.

Matt Flynn may cost $50 million to sign. Brandon Weeden may cost $5 million.
(Danny Weeden can be had for much less)

Matt Flynn may cost $50 million to sign. Brandon Weeden may cost $5 million.
(Danny Weeden can be had for much less)

Brandon Weeden will cost $5 million dollars to sign, until his rookie contract is up.... at the age of 33

Fun Fact: Weeden is 7 or 8 years younger and a lot healthier than Peyton Manning. So if you think you can get 3 more years out of Peyton, if Weeden works out, he should be good for 10-11. That should be enough to groom his replacement 8 years in or so.

Back
Top Bottom