Matt flynn | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt flynn

I watched a lot of him when he was with LSU and was never too impressed. My guess is he just surprised NE's defense a bit, no way he could have the same performance again if NE was preparing to face him all week.

Should this conversation seriously happen every time some teams backup has one good game!? Maybe we should trade for Tim Tebow, or maybe Max Hall, or Drew Stanton. How about drafting a franchise qb instead of letting them all pass by each year. That may solve a bit of the problem.

Matt Flynn 2 years left on a 4 year deal. Right nows hes a system QB running the WCO. Unless the Phins want to convert to the WCO...NO

I would guess hes trade value is a 3rd pick ala Matt Cassel

I have my doubts about Henne too, but I honestly think the guy had no chance at success this year playing for Henning. I think Henne has been coached into failure. With a new coach and a new system I think Henne is better than most of the names I am hearing people throw out. I think Henne can win games and beat teams - we have seen him do it (even though it was last year).

I think our running game has been so terrible this year that Henne has been at a big disadvantage. All of the other teams in the league with young QB's that are playing well have a much better rushing attack. Examples: Ravens, Jets, Falcons.

This team really shot it's self in the foot by blowing up the interior O line depth chart just before the season started. The rushing has been pathetic this year as a result.

Before the 2008 draft, I liked Flynn much more in the 6th round than Henne in the 2nd/3rd. Too bad the FO didn't go that way. Even if Flynn doesn't develop into a reliable starter, at least we wouldn't have wasted time and money on Henne.

Our Offense CANNOT move the ball down the field with ease, the way even a name like "Matt Flynn" did last nite... There is something lacking in this offense, and its something big, and its not only Henne, it is pedestrian!

Unfortunately, given the state of our QBs, we must continue to look for one somewhere, anywhere. I know, looking for other team's scraps hasn't worked out well in the past, but wondering if Matt Flynn would be worth a look.

He played well against the Patriots in his first start, not an easy feat, even with their defense not being top notch.

He has pedigree and won has big game experience in college. If the Packers would part with him for a mid-round pick, would he be worth bringing in?

Are you ****ing serious? This is why people think Dolphans are complete idiots! The kid played ONE game, and it's "OMFG GO GET THIS GUY!!!!"

Unexplainable stupidity...

Are you ****ing serious? This is why people think Dolphans are complete idiots! The kid played ONE game, and it's "OMFG GO GET THIS GUY!!!!"

Did you read the post? I think the OP was very careful about not crowning Matt Flynn as the answers to all of our QB woes for the past 10 years and I see nothing like OMFG GO GET THIS GUY in his post. In fact he even asks the Question, "Is he worth bringing in. This has to be the most exeggerated response to a very careful post I've ever seen.

It's obviously premature to consider Matt Flynn the answer. The guy has played 1.5 games. But just as unreasonble is to dismiss him altogether because he is a Green Bay back up.

Remember Mark Brunell started out as Favre's back up. So did Matt Hasselback, and Aaron Brooks (he had a couple decent seasons before flaming out). Don't discount someone for being a back-up. Obviously that's not to say you should give up picks and/or hang your franchise future on every QB to have 1 decent game.

I don't believe Flynn is a credible answer to our QB woes. He's been in that Packer's system for years now. He played well against N.E. because he was comfortable. I don't think he is consistently a starting QB in this league. Think Sage Rosenfels. You'll get the occasional good-great performance, but over time he will not perform consistently.

sage rosenfels would have been an upgrade over Henne and how do you know he couldnt start? he was never given the chance but always looked pretty good when he got to play......if trent green never gets hurt in St louis - Kurt Warner never plays football in the NFL. so how the hell do you know when youve never seen the guy play? fact is Flynn WOULD be worth a shot. we KNOW what we have in Henne. he CANT PLAY...we dont know that about Flynn. in fact if we cant find a quarterback in round one then Flynn may even become the best answer. only problem is the guy is a west coast quarterback groomed in that system right now....so perhaps if gruden is the guy his stock is that much more to us....if not....not so sure

but i can say this....YES hes worth a shot....id rather have him at quarterback next year then Henne. we must continue to look for that piece until we FIND IT. is he worth a mid round pick? perhaps even a 3rd rounder? ABSOLUTELY. dont think the packers let him go for a 3rd tho. think it would take a 2nd which we dont have

I want to see what Henne can do with an INTELLIGENT OC, until then I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Flynn's success last night showed what a good SYSTEM can do. Mike McCarthey has a great system in Green Bay. It says something when a team can lose a Pro Bowl caliber RB (Ryan Grant), a dynamic TE (Jermichael Finley), and continuously rotate between 5 WRs and still have an effective offense with the backup QB.

Just saying...

I have my doubts about Henne too, but I honestly think the guy had no chance at success this year playing for Henning. I think Henne has been coached into failure. With a new coach and a new system I think Henne is better than most of the names I am hearing people throw out. I think Henne can win games and beat teams - we have seen him do it (even though it was last year).

I think our running game has been so terrible this year that Henne has been at a big disadvantage. All of the other teams in the league with young QB's that are playing well have a much better rushing attack. Examples: Ravens, Jets, Falcons.

This team really shot it's self in the foot by blowing up the interior O line depth chart just before the season started. The rushing has been pathetic this year as a result.

Take a look at Sanchez when the running game is working he performs, no running game, hey he looks as bad as Henne.
Henne's best game' the Raiders, also the best running performance by the Fins.
Confidence, Sanchez craps the bed against the pats and Fins,, Rex Ryan says thought about benching him but he gives us the best chance to win QB rating 27.6 Henne craps the bed Sporano benches him and goes to Penny who lasts two plays, Henning blames Henne and Spoarano declares Henning has done a magnificent job.
No wonder Henne is afraid of making mistakes and is not willing to take chances.
Coach Gailey on his press conf said he was amazed that the Fins abandoned the run so quickly considering they were last against the run.
It all starts at the top, you can tell Henne is afraid of making mistakes.
The team that makes the least number of mistakes usually wins but they all make them, is how you respond after that makes the difference.
Dolphins have a serious problem with the coaching staff and this has been a problem for a long time.

No No No

I am tired of this team going after other peoples discards at QB, how many second round picks have we wasted on QBs. Please stop the insanity, we need to spend a 1st round pick on a QB, the last 2 we have done this on have worked out pretty well. I am sick of these GMs hoping to strike gold in the later rounds, look at the play off teams still in it, 80% have used a 1st round pick on a QB we don't we feel we can get something better later on which we never do.

This coaching and GM staff needs to be replaced, playing for FGs isn't going to cut it.

Back
Top Bottom