Matt Hasselbeck sure looked good in the 989 QB Challenge! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Hasselbeck sure looked good in the 989 QB Challenge!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He won it today...

If only Wanny hadnt hesitated.. :shakeno:

He had the weakest arm out of all of the QBs.His longest throw was like 51 or 53 yards....Bulger was second worst with about the same distance.

Carson Palmer beat Leftwich in a throw-off after they both tied with tosses of 65 yards....63 -61 in the extra toss.

SkapePhin said:
He won it today...

Yeah if he hadn't hesitated we'd now have our 2nd QB that has won that compition. What was Wanny thinking of anyway!

:D

Oliver...

About 3 or 4 years ago a saw a 16 year old kid throw 70 yards in the NFL Gatorade Pass, Punt and Kick competition, here at JRS (PPS). He released it at the 30, all the way to the opposite Endzone... :eek:

I couldn't tell for sure but, it looked like they were throwing into a pretty strong wind.

Disnardo said:
About 3 or 4 years ago a saw a 16 year old kid throw 70 yards in the NFL Gatorade Pass, Punt and Kick competition, here at JRS (PPS). He released it at the 30, all the way to the opposite Endzone... :eek:

thats awesome we should try to get that guy...if he can still do it of course

inFINSible said:
He had the weakest arm out of all of the QBs.His longest throw was like 51 or 53 yards....Bulger was second worst with about the same distance.

Carson Palmer beat Leftwich in a throw-off after they both tied with tosses of 65 yards....63 -61 in the extra toss.

They had to have been throwing into some kind of wind.

Disnardo said:
Holy Cow! I totally remember that kid. He threw it so far, like 20 yards further than anyone else. I remember saying to myself, remember that kid, but then I promptly forgot. :D

Even though he doesn't throw 60 yards down the field doesn't mean he doesnt' throw a good 40 yard ball.

I remember hearing about the kid who threw it that far. I think he was freshman when I was a freshman (not in same school...same year). So it was 2 years ago. Anyone remember his name?

FinFan24 said:
why u say tht?

Because for an NFL QB, you have to be able to throw it 50 yards. Dan could only throw 60-65. But he could put it on a rope. Still, an NFL QB absolutely must be able to throw the ball 50 yards regardless of velocity. And I think Hasselbeck easily has the arm to do it.

Wish I could have seen the competition regardless.

SkapePhin said:
He won it today...

Exactly, alot of Wanny apologists will now try to say its not Wanny's fault, but the fact is Spielman had the deal done for Hasselback and couldn't close it because he didn't have Wanny's blessing, allowing time for Holmgren to move in.

Disnardo said:

Actually, I think it was 2 years ago. Maybe at the Oakland game, that was one of the 2 games i got to that year. I remember that very well because it was absolutely sick. I think he was in the 14 year old category and really launched it. It was pretty cool, i hope he can hone that talent. You heard a bunch people in the crowd whispering to each other in disbelief.

Muck said:
Because for an NFL QB, you have to be able to throw it 50 yards. Dan could only throw 60-65. But he could put it on a rope. Still, an NFL QB absolutely must be able to throw the ball 50 yards regardless of velocity. And I think Hasselbeck easily has the arm to do it.

Wish I could have seen the competition regardless.
Fiedler cant throw it 50 yards... oh yea he isnt an NFL QB.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom