Matt Jones = faster ED | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones = faster ED

BlueFin said:
Dude, why do you have to compare him too and call him the next Ed McCaffrey? Because hes white?

This guy is a tremendous athlete, hes got has a faster forty time than nearly every receiver in this draft, he has great short shuttle times, he has a 39 inch vertical, and hes 6'61/4" at 242 pounds, there is no comparison to his potential against Ed McCaffrey other than the color of his skin.

Matt Jones is a freak and is not comparable to anybody else because nobody has ever had the combination of size and speed this guy possess's.

Hes bigger, faster and probably has better hands than Randy Moss.

Better hands than Randy Moss? How do you measure this considering Matt did not start at WR at Ark? Randy Moss has torn up the NFL over the last few years and you can say he is one of the best WRs in the league.

Matt Jones is a nice project... but until he linesup and runs routes in an NFL game... theres no way we should waste and ealry round pick on this guy.....

your comparing one game to one game... and i explained myself in another post on how i feel about jones saying that i dont mean to be a naysayer or anything and i agree he could end up being a really good player, but since he is changing positions to a position he never played in college, he just seems like a risk to me.
you can tell me all you want that he is faster than moss and i still will disagree with you, nick saban can tell me and i wont agree with you, only way i will believe it is if i watch them race and jones wins. jones might have had a better shuttle time i have no objection to that but he is not faster than moss. you cant compare one game of moss' to jones' senior bowl game. and those games that jones won for arkansas were games he won from the QB position, not WR. but again, im not saying he wont be a good or great player, i just still see him as a project or risk. im sure he is still extremely raw at WR.. one thing i am 100% about is that his routes arent crisp... being a wide out since junior high i know you dont just learn how to run good routes

DcRy82 said:
your comparing one game to one game... and i explained myself in another post on how i feel about jones saying that i dont mean to be a naysayer or anything and i agree he could end up being a really good player, but since he is changing positions to a position he never played in college, he just seems like a risk to me.
you can tell me all you want that he is faster than moss and i still will disagree with you, nick saban can tell me and i wont agree with you, only way i will believe it is if i watch them race and jones wins. jones might have had a better shuttle time i have no objection to that but he is not faster than moss. you cant compare one game of moss' to jones' senior bowl game. and those games that jones won for arkansas were games he won from the QB position, not WR. but again, im not saying he wont be a good or great player, i just still see him as a project or risk. im sure he is still extremely raw at WR.. one thing i am 100% about is that his routes arent crisp... being a wide out since junior high i know you dont just learn how to run good routes

Well, one thing you can't dispute is there has never been an athlete with his combination, so if your wondering why he is being talked about so much and why he will continue to rise on draft boards it is because of freakish ability.

What does any prospective draftee have to be judged by but what hes done in college and his workouts?

He was more productive as a running quarterback than Michael Vick, and every opponent that played against him marveled at his ability.

Lou Holtz called him the MVP of the SEC.

Hes a weapon unlike any other in the league and that is why he will be drafted very high and somebody will be real glad they took him.

Randy Moss drops passes all the time, and unlike Randy Moss this guy is not a punk.

DcRy82 said:
... one thing i am 100% about is that his routes arent crisp... being a wide out since junior high i know you dont just learn how to run good routes
Maybe, but having the advantage of playing the QB position...he knows what a crisp route looks like and he should know all the routes. Gadsden wasn't Mr. Crispy in route running...it was his size, body position, and hands that made him a go to target.

When the Phins made a project out of Tony Martin, his lack of ability was not in getting open...it was his hands and his lack of sideline awareness.

Lou Holtz called him the MVP of the SEC.

i agree. that's not chopped liver over there calling this guy an MVP. Nick Saban (our very astute coach), Lou Holtz (IMO one of the greqat coaches in college football), Rob Zook and nearly every competing head coach in the SEC all are talking about this kid.

To me, that's very high praise that I would pay attention to. what comes across is that this is a guy that's a team player - he played out of position because Arkansas needed a QB, and he could help them best by throwing the ball. If given the right coaching, he could be a great addition to our offense. He's got the speed and his size is insane. Can you imagine what our red zone offense is going to be like with Chambers, Booker, McMichael, Say Ronnnie Brown and Jones working the slot?? Damn. How do you cover all of those guys? What, you're going to cover Jones with a Safety?? He'll blow right by him. With a Corner? So that's a 5-11 guy guarding a 6-6 guy with 4.3 speed. We've all seen what that rare combination equates to up in Minnesota.

I would be eccstatic if we could get our hands on jones in the 2nd round. I just don't know if he's going to last that long. They're saying he could be gone by the end of the first round.

i seriously think that Jones would be gone in the first round....someone will take a chance on him

i seriously think that Jones would be gone in the first round....someone will take a chance on him

I agree. The guy is just too rare. Saban and Linehan have got to be salivating over this guy.

I'm hoping we can trade out of the #2 spot and down a couple of times, picking up an extra 1st and a 2nd. With two firsts, I'd look hard at spending the later one on Jones.

Theres no way Matt Jones goes in the first round...

he was mvp in sec as a qb and not WR....

We have too many other serious holes and not enough picks to be using a first day pick on Jones.

BlueFin said:
Dude, why do you have to compare him too and call him the next Ed McCaffrey? Because hes white?

This guy is a tremendous athlete, hes got has a faster forty time than nearly every receiver in this draft, he has great short shuttle times, he has a 39 inch vertical, and hes 6'61/4" at 242 pounds, there is no comparison to his potential against Ed McCaffrey other than the color of his skin.

Matt Jones is a freak and is not comparable to anybody else because nobody has ever had the combination of size and speed this guy possess's.

Hes bigger, faster and probably has better hands than Randy Moss.
Dude chill with your he's white bla bla, ED macafree was a true warrior and if M. JONES IS ANYWHERE NEAR HIS ABILITY HE'S A GOOD PICK UP so don't tell me who or why i can compare him to :yell: :rtfm: :m83:

When I first read the title I thought it meant Matt Jones = faster Erectile Dysfunction! No this guy is a bigger, faster, more versatile version of Ed McCafferty. He's bigger than Shockey. If he can refine his WR and/or TE skills he could be a monster. But as of yet McCafferty was the man.

bigow said:
Dude chill with your he's white bla bla, ED macafree was a true warrior and if M. JONES IS ANYWHERE NEAR HIS ABILITY HE'S A GOOD PICK UP so don't tell me who or why i can compare him to :yell: :rtfm: :m83:

listen Champ, I wasn't telling what you can do, I was asking why and pointing out how foolish you look doing it.

Ed McCaffrey isn't even in the same stratosphere with this guy as an athlete, if your comparing him as a prospect about as close as you can get in size is Mike Williams, although he is bigger than Mike Willaims and much faster.

BlueFin said:
listen Champ, I wasn't telling what you can do, I was asking why and pointing out how foolish you look doing it.

Ed McCaffrey isn't even in the same stratosphere with this guy as an athlete, if your comparing him as a prospect about as close as you can get in size is Mike Williams, although he is bigger than Mike Willaims and much faster.
So ED wasn't tall and big and lets see he caught a bomb on us on a monday night game ( out ran i believe a younger b marion and madison ) you know nothing of heart.... bottom line chump, he was a gamer, playmaker and if Jones can play like the great white ED we'll have a warrior :evil:

i am not a dense person and i take what others say into consideration. with that said, i like all the things you guys are saying about Matt Jones and i agree that his physical attributes are simply not comparable to anyone else. if matt jones turns to be everything you guys say he is then that would be awesome for us to pick him up. i can honestly say i didnt see that much of him except for senior bowl week. i knew he was a fast QB from ark. who would try to make it as a WR, thats all i knew. is there anyone who can let me see some highlights or somethin of him so i can be more informed on his ability?

Back
Top Bottom