Matt Jones = faster ED | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones = faster ED

I posted this a couple of days ago in a thread about a mock in which I had the phins picking MJ at #18, (after trade down). MJ lettered in basketball at ARK and was the best player on the field every game the last 2 years. I live in SEC/ACC country and while not nationally hyped, he was feared by every coach in the SEC. Here is my post. My last word on Matt Jones is that he is not just a natural athelete, he is a football player. I thought he would be a steal before the draft, and then he put up those combine numbers and everyone is on his bandwagon.This is SEC country, Myrtle beach, and on the SEC show every saturday The coach opposing ARK went out of their way to stress how unstoppable he was. He was a running back playing QB. That is what people dont understand, I know running routes is not a given, changing posistions is always a risk. But this guy is elusive strong and tough. Look at his stats He averaged like 6 yards a carry, not on 20 or 30 carries , but on a few hundred over his career. I am from WV, big moss fan, noone is just like Moss, but this guy reminds of RM athleticism. Moss runs like a deer, real light, long strides, Ive never seen Moss caught from behind. Jone is not as light on his feet but he is almost as fast and he ran over college (SEC level) linebackers all the time. That is a combo that I have never seen in any player. I just wish Mortensen would shut up so GMs dont analyze this kid out of the box, because out of the box Matt Jones might be the best football player in the draftot nationally hyped, MJ was respected by every coach and player in the SEC.

Thanks for your post. Very interesting.

If we can get the #7 and #18 from Minnesota for our #2, I'd love to pick up Cadillac Williams and Matt Jones. Talk about adding some athleticism to your offense.

Back
Top Bottom