Matt Jones = faster ED | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones = faster ED

Jones could end up being a great pick for someone. I know most teams are looking at him as a freak at WR, which he is, given his speed, strength, and height. I would love to see him get a chance at FS too. I will say this though, he looked great at the senior bowl practices on his routes and catching the ball, and I bet his run blocking on those little CB's will be his greatest attiribute at WR.

bigow said:
So ED wasn't tall and big and lets see he caught a bomb on us on a monday night game ( out ran i believe a younger b marion and madison ) you know nothing of heart.... bottom line chump, he was a gamer, playmaker and if Jones can play like the great white ED we'll have a warrior :evil:

Ed was tall but he wasn't 242 pounds and he didn't run a 4.37 40.........he was a good receiver, not a great one. His slight build is probably why he had durability problems and why he flamed out so soon.

Jones will have a career far superior to McCaffrey.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Jones could end up being a great pick for someone. I know most teams are looking at him as a freak at WR, which he is, given his speed, strength, and height. I would love to see him get a chance at FS too. I will say this though, he looked great at the senior bowl practices on his routes and catching the ball, and I bet his run blocking on those little CB's will be his greatest attiribute at WR.

They also can't jam him Mike, at 242 pounds he just throws them aside.

randy ran a sup 4.4 40 time... jones is not faster... and saying jones has better hands because of his senior bowl performance is the most insane tihng ive ever heard someone said... basing on an all-star game performance where he had 2 catches for 13 yards, your gonna say he has better hands than the best WR in the league? :shakeno:

i completely agree with that one

BlueFin said:
Ed was tall but he wasn't 242 pounds and he didn't run a 4.37 40.........he was a good receiver, not a great one. His slight build is probably why he had durability problems and why he flamed out so soon.

Jones will have a career far superior to McCaffrey.
I'm just hoping for playmaker's on our team

BlueFin said:
They also can't jam him Mike, at 242 pounds he just throws them aside.
I saw some of that when NFL channel was showing Senior Bowl practices on him at WR. They couldnt run with him deep, and had even less success against him when he took the inside on them. I bet he can pancake most CB's he faces several times a game when he blocks for the run game.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I saw some of that when NFL channel was showing Senior Bowl practices on him at WR. They couldnt run with him deep, and had even less success against him when he took the inside on them. I bet he can pancake most CB's he faces several times a game when he blocks for the run game.
Plus he seems real humble and just loves the game... of course that is here say so no i don't know this personally :wink:

Have you guys read what Mort wrote about this kid.... I just read it on the espn sight and he's really high on him. I don't think as Mort as the almighty but he's respectable

BlueFin said:
Senior Bowl.

You are actually comparing a meaningless college game to an NFL playoff game?

AND

The most explosive player in the league who is having a career on par with Jerry Rice's early seasons with a guy who has never played the position?

Holy crap, I don't even know where to start. :shakeno:

Why is no one considering this guy at QB? He could be like a bigger Mike Vick.

Why is no one considering this guy at QB? He could be like a bigger Mike Vick.

his arm is not exceptional. He played QB though because Arkansas had no one else at the most important position. The arm is good enough to perhaps use Jones as an emergency QB. But it's his size speed ratio that is going to present nightmares for opposing defenses. The last guy with his size speed was Moss and look what he did.

But the key is, unlike Moss, you're getting a real good guy who is team oriented and just loves to compete.

I wouldn't consider drafting him in the top two rounds had i not read the reviews from the coaches in the SEC who ALL say that the kid is legit. That speaks volumes to me, because these are guys in the football know in his very conference who are singing his praises. One of those coaches just happens to be our new coach. You can bet we're eyeing Matt Jones.

miamirw said:
his arm is not exceptional. He played QB though because Arkansas had no one else at the most important position. The arm is good enough to perhaps use Jones as an emergency QB. But it's his size speed ratio that is going to present nightmares for opposing defenses. The last guy with his size speed was Moss and look what he did.

But the key is, unlike Moss, you're getting a real good guy who is team oriented and just loves to compete.

I wouldn't consider drafting him in the top two rounds had i not read the reviews from the coaches in the SEC who ALL say that the kid is legit. That speaks volumes to me, because these are guys in the football know in his very conference who are singing his praises. One of those coaches just happens to be our new coach. You can bet we're eyeing Matt Jones.
He supposedly had an injury to his arm but does that mean his arm strenghth won't get better

We should get a Razorback fin-fan to post what Jones was really like over 4 years.

IE did he demonstrate that incredible speed and strength on the field? It sounds like he did, but who better to ask than an Arkansas alum. I know I've seen a few on this site before.

i would rather take adrian mcpherson in the second than matt jones.

Back
Top Bottom