Matt Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones

Dubfire said:
Give me a team of FOOTBALL players over athletes any day.

If it was about athletes, then let's put Dwayne Wade at RB, Lebron James at WR and grab a couple guys from the WWE to play on the OL. ANd see if Allen Iverson can play QB. AFter all he is a HELL of an athlete and was a great HS QB.

:shakeno:

you've seen him use his athleticism on the football field. Great comparison with WWE and basketball players :shakeno:

DonShula84 said:
you've seen him use his athleticism on the football field. Great comparison with WWE and basketball players :shakeno:

You're asking a guy to play a position he has never played before at the highest level at the pinnacle of his profession!!

Now if you were touting him as a QB propsect, it's a different story. It could even be debatable. But as a WR, like most are projecting and dreaming of, it's totally asinine.

Great athletes dont translate into great football players. Period. Thats the comparison I was making.

Dubfire said:
He is a wonderful athlete. There's no question about that. Does that make him a great football player? NO!! He has never played a down of WR n his entire college career!!

And he still managed to catch a TD in the senior bowl. Amazing, isn't it?

Matt Jones will be nothing more than a Kick Returner in the NFL!!! No since in wasting a draft pick on a KR when we already have Welker. End of discussion.

Dubfire said:
You're asking a guy to play a position he has never played before at the highest level at the pinnacle of his profession!!

Now if you were touting him as a QB propsect, it's a different story. It could even be debatable. But as a WR, like most are projecting and dreaming of, it's totally asinine.

Great athletes dont translate into great football players. Period. Thats the comparison I was making.

Tell Drew Bennett that. NFL scouts and coaches wouldnt be talking about this guy if they didnt think he could make the transition.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Matt Jones will be nothing more than a Kick Returner in the NFL!!! No since in wasting a draft pick on a KR when we already have Welker. End of discussion.

Thanks for ending it, now take your ball and go home like a child :shakeno:

SECfootball said:
And he still managed to catch a TD in the senior bowl. Amazing, isn't it?

:roflmao:

Hey, I beat Steve Mizerak in 9-ball once. Does that make me as good as a professional billiards player? Uhh no.

Crouch was just ast good an athlete in college. Where's he?

Dubfire said:
:roflmao:

Hey, I beat Steve Mizerak in 9-ball once. Does that make me as good as a professional billiards player? Uhh no.

Crouch was just ast good an athlete in college. Where's he?

Probably somewhere crying about the thought of changing his position.

Just want to make the point that I'm not knocking Matt Jones the QB. But Matt Jones the WR is a pipe dream people. Get real!! :roflmao:

Dubfire said:
Just want to make the point that I'm not knocking Matt Jones the QB. But Matt Jones the WR is a pipe dream people. Get real!! :roflmao:

:shakeno: Only time will tell Dubfire....we shall see!!

Dubfire said:

Saban and plenty of NFL scouts/execs seems to disagree with you. I'm not saying he is going to be the next Moss, or even a pro bowler, but it doesnt mean he cant develop into a very good WR like Bennett for the Titans.

Did anyone see Alex Barron's 40 times in his workout?? With his size and speed, we need to draft him and turn him into another Christian Okoye!! My point is that Matt Jones is an exceptional athlete, but just because he can run, does not mean we need to waste a draft pick on him. There are alot more proven receivers in this draft!!

Ever heard of Antonio Gates? Thats why a lot of scouts are high on Jones. Both are great athletes that are huge mismatches on the football field. Both were great athletes that didnt play huge time at projected positions in college. If Jones can become that type of player he would be a complete steal in the 2nd or 3rd round. Funny how Brees was mediocre until he had a freakish mismatch player to count on to move the football. The NFL is a copycat league so its not shocking that scouts are looking to basketball players or other positions to create the next mismatch player like Gates. Jones has been impressive working out and playing as a Wr, the scouts arent stupid they arent just basing their impressions on 40times and his size, he's impressed them catching the ball and as a player.
You draft players high because of upside, there arent very many players, if any, with as much upside as Jones in the draft. Hes a risk, he could be a bust but if he works out he could be great and thats the risk a lot of teams will have to take.

finfansince72 said:
Ever heard of Antonio Gates? Thats why a lot of scouts are high on Jones. Both are great athletes that are huge mismatches on the football field. Both were great athletes that didnt play huge time at projected positions in college. If Jones can become that type of player he would be a complete steal in the 2nd or 3rd round. Funny how Brees was mediocre until he had a freakish mismatch player to count on to move the football. The NFL is a copycat league so its not shocking that scouts are looking to basketball players or other positions to create the next mismatch player like Gates. Jones has been impressive working out and playing as a Wr, the scouts arent stupid they arent just basing their impressions on 40times and his size, he's impressed them catching the ball and as a player.
You draft players high because of upside, there arent very many players, if any, with as much upside as Jones in the draft. Hes a risk, he could be a bust but if he works out he could be great and thats the risk a lot of teams will have to take.

:yes: You make a great point.

First round is too high though. And in our situation, we can't afford to miss.

Back
Top Bottom