Max Jean-Gilles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Max Jean-Gilles

Gilles is in that hard spot for us. I am hoping not the same for Mangold.

Miamibyrd_24 said:
I didnt know who this guy was untill I seen him at the senior bowl. Man who ever gets this guy is a still. Every one is talking about this guy D’Brickashaw Ferguson (who was getting beat just about all day), for get that. Max Jean-Gilles is the real deal. I would not pass up on this guy, if all others fail in the draft. If he falls I say take him.

i dont know what game you saw.. but ferguson was dominating mathias kiwanuka... if anything after that battle... ferguson solidified himself as a top 5 pick and kiwanuka prollly dropped a bit...

Miamibyrd_24 said:
D’Brickashaw Ferguson (who was getting beat just about all day), for get that.
What game were you watching?

rdhstlr23 said:
I don't know what game you were watching but Ferguson was doing what he had all year and in practice...JUST DOMINATE people. If I were the Texans I would trade down to #4 or #5 to pick up another pick (maybe a 3rd or 4th) and draft Ferguson...I really think he is the best player in the draft...Yes, better than Bush, Leinart, and Young. D'Brickashaw isn't a project and could be the next coming of Jonathon Ogden in my opinion...plus I believe he's lighter on his feet and moves better than Ogden...he's sweet

Jean Gilles would be an AMAZING get in the 2nd round. I still believe we have to go with a DB (Michael Huff, Jimmy Williams) or an OT (Winston Justice) with our 1st round pick at #16
Aren't you getting a little carried away?Ogden is a future HOF player who dominates on both pass protection and run blocking.Ferguson has to get better at run blocking which I think he can but he's not there yet.I'd not put him on the same category with Ogden or Bosselli.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :band2:

MJG is an interior lineman, which suggests that he will probably drop to the second round. He is a complete animal though, and I wouldn't mind seeing ihim in a Fins uniform. I don't see it happening, however, is my guess is we'll go defense in Round 1 and pick up Croyle in Round 2.

Gilles certainly has incredible measurements...He is only second to D'Brickashaw Ferguson in Arm Length (36 Inches) which would be a plus for using him at the RT spot.

If we drafted him, I woud be tempted to move Carey inside to RG.

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/492070.html

PhinstiGator said:
Gilles certainly has incredible measurements...He is only second to D'Brickashaw Ferguson in Arm Length (36 Inches) which would be a plus for using him at the RT spot.

If we drafted him, I woud be tempted to move Carey inside to RG.

http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/492070.html

Max Jean-Gilles n Vernon Carey as our guards whooa.

He certainly has versatility and is well known by Saban. Definitly a possibility.

Best G in the draft, strong as an ox, solid 1st rounder. Would be happy with him ay 16

MJG HAS played LT for Georgia BTW, although mainly at G

Last edited by a moderator:
Boomer said:
Best G in the draft, strong as an ox, solid 1st rounder. Would be happy with him ay 16

I have to disagree with you here, while he is a very good guard prospect, Guards are much easier to find than other positions.

Also, there is some question about whether MJG lacks a mean streak? I am a firm believer in the guys in the trenches having one.

He is not athletic enough to play left tackle in the NFL, and probably not even right tackle.

He should be a late first-early second rounder, 16 would be reaching for him I think, especially in light of the left tackles in this draft that could still be there at #16.

Is this guy a Frenchie? We don't want Inspector Clousseau. :shakeno:

Boomer said:

You would take him at #16 ? I like the guy, but I just think that is kind of him for MJG. If we traded down and got him I would be happy.

HysterikiLL said:
IMO he's the Chris Spencer of this years draft, only better. Between 25-32 in the 1st round IMO.

The only problem I see here is that if we get Hutchinson in FA or someone else for the gaurd spot. If we were to get Bentley then Gilles fits the plan i guess.

CD13 said:
You would take him at #16 ? I like the guy, but I just think that is kind of him for MJG. If we traded down and got him I would be happy.

exactly. But Saban said he wants mainly to do 3 things, upgrade the OLine significantly, get our future QB, and get the defense younger. This draft is healthy with good OL and you always need five of them so I can see this draft go big for us with 2 or 3 linemen. I would love to trade down from that spot which makes DEnver inviting in the Ricky regards, but I do not think that will happen, but keep Madison in mind here.

Trade down and get two Oline and Croyle and I would be in heaven!

I would take Jean-Gilles at 16. he is going to be a probowler. As for not taking guards this high. Most people want to pay Hutchinson a fortune to come play here as a guard why the big deal on drafting the next Hutchinson, by the way if you think high draft picks are never used on guards, Hutchinson was the 17th pick in 2001. Seems to have worked out for Seattle. If he is the BPA at that point. Grab him. If we can trade down and still get him all the better. If we can't, I'd take him. He is an instant starter and impat player which is exactly what you want your first rounder to be. Count me in with Boomer on this one.

Back
Top Bottom