Maybe I Wasn't Wrong Afterall | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe I Wasn't Wrong Afterall

Ok, so when Tannehill was a rookie, he won the starting job. In your head, that computes to him being benched for the guy he beat out?

Can you guys just stop, stop stop stop......I didn't read through the comments but I assume there are a few who think Tannehill is garbage and that Miami needs a new QB (they are entitled to that). I also assume there are a larger amount who are defending Tannehill as the best QB since Marino (again nothing wrong with this opinion either).

HOWEVER.........the stop stop stop comes with this ridiculous notion that Matt Moore is some franchise changing QB. Please stop, that notion is as ridiculous as thinking your ex-wife has your best interest at heart and not hers when you are meeting with the lawyers.

I can understand both sides of the coin (I'm a pro Tannehill guy, think the kid is going to be just fine, even much better than fine) but Matt Moore is not the answer to the Miami QB situation, I hope to hell that Hickey cuts the guy sooner rather than later to end all this nonsense. If you are going to take the flip side of the coin with regard to Tannehill, please pick a replacement QB with much lofter expectations than Matt (I'm a backup) Moore.

If at any time Philbin pulls Tannehill in favor of Matt Moore as a starter, he should be bound up and put on a horse carriage out of town monday morning. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. I like Pat Devlin as a 10-year backup for 1.5 mil per season. I don't think he would embarass in a 2 or 3 game stint if RT is injured. Matt Moore had his chance, twice. He took more money to stay here as a backup then anyone was offering him to compete for a starting job elsewhere when he was a free agent. Overpaid by Ireland for what he is. IF Moore is willing to sign a 3-year deal for a total of 7 million, I'm happy to keep him as the #2.....otherwise cut him and use that money to sign an offensive guard or linebacker please.

HOWEVER.........the stop stop stop comes with this ridiculous notion that Matt Moore is some franchise changing QB. Please stop, that notion is as ridiculous as thinking your ex-wife has your best interest at heart and not hers when you are meeting with the lawyers.

LOL Exactly...

You don't like RT. Fine. That's fine.

Saying Matt Moore is better though....it reminds me of a scene from Cannonball Run when they are trying to convince the cops that they can't fly to California, they need to drive the Ambulance with a proctologist as the doctor.

Again this is a team game. And if Tannenhill has the players around him. Like a decent line something of a run game. The points should come. Unless Tannenhill regresses there shouldnt be the worry about putting another qb in!
Do you have an explanation for all the overthrows and underthrows to Mike Wallace all season?

For good or Bad Tannehill is the QB for most likely the next two years minimum unless something drastic happens. People just need to accept it and move on.

Do you have an explanation for all the overthrows and underthrows to Mike Wallace all season?

Why did he do fairly well throwing deep to everyone else then? He was very inconsistent with just Wallace. Which is understandable seeing as they worked together for such a short period of time. Or maybe because Ryan is a secret Jets fan and sucks and Matt Moore is like totes mcgotes the best. I mean both are like plausible right?

Yeah I would say line didnt give him enough time to throw and plant his feet accurately. First year for these. Guys being together. Who knows may take time to gel with each other. Can you guve an explanation of why the line sucked?

I'm giving Tannehill one more year before I decide. I think there are a lot of Debbies being way to pessimistic and there are a lot of homers that are way over hyping him. He has not played that bad nor has he played that great. I was getting pretty hyped myself until the last two weeks. Those two weeks were absolutely dreadful and Tannehill played a large part in that. He better come out next year on target with his deep ball or he might find himself on the bench at some point. I don't care what his stats say. Tannehill's deep ball was one of the worst in the league. A QB has to be able to hit those throws if he wants to remain a starter. I sure as hell hope he does and if so we may have our Guy
This is about where I'm at as well. If he had played well those last two weeks, I'd be nearly sold on him at this point. As it is the jury is still out on whether he can be a long-term starter in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Yeah I would say line didnt give him enough time to throw and plant his feet accurately. First year for these. Guys being together. Who knows may take time to gel with each other. Can you guve an explanation of why the line sucked?
His deep ball (20+ yards in the air) was no better in college, either. Moreover, he wasn't pressured any more often than the average QB in 2013, and his average time to be sacked wasn't significantly different from the league average.

This is about where I'm at as well. If he had played well those last two weeks, I'd be nearly sold on him at this point. As it is the jury is still out on whether he can be a long-term starter in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

His deep ball (20+ yards in the air) was no better in college, either. Moreover, he wasn't pressured any more often than the average QB in 2013, and his average time to be sacked wasn't significantly different from the league average.

You trying to spew out stats that don't prove anything or convince anybody will not change reality. And the reality is the line was bad. This isnt something made up it is fact. It has been brought up in several media outlets. And if the line wasn't so bad we might have had a run game but we didn't ! Because the line couldn't block for the backs either.
But you keep up the fight . I am sure you will see once there has been a big change in starting lineup.Because I highly doubt that Miami has same starting O line. Only given is center he isnt going anywhere. But everyone else could be different and rightfully so.

[/COLOR]His deep ball (20+ yards in the air) was no better in college, either. Moreover, he wasn't pressured any more often than the average QB in 2013, and his average time to be sacked wasn't significantly different from the league average.

RT was tied for 12th in the league for pass plays over 20+ yards in 2013 and was tied for 6th in the league in pass plays over 40+ yards. Not bad for someone who was sacked more than anyone else in the league.

:bobdole: i wish they played football year round so i didn't have to endure a 6 month offseason of this crap...

its a lot more than than jjust that. start with a guy who is playing in a system he had to learn over time with his QB while the two other guys looked better. He had to play the short game for a while when just running bland routes long.

I don't mind trading Moore but please bring in competition at QB...that's the only way we will field the best option

its a lot more than than jjust that. start with a guy who is playing in a system he had to learn over time with his QB while the two other guys looked better. He had to play the short game for a while when just running bland routes long.

Whatever the case may be I am willing to give t
hem another year together. Hopefully alot of the problems many of us see will be fixed.

Back
Top Bottom