Maybe I Wasn't Wrong Afterall | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe I Wasn't Wrong Afterall

You trying to spew out stats that don't prove anything or convince anybody will not change reality. And the reality is the line was bad. This isnt something made up it is fact. It has been brought up in several media outlets. And if the line wasn't so bad we might have had a run game but we didn't ! Because the line couldn't block for the backs either.
But you keep up the fight . I am sure you will see once there has been a big change in starting lineup.Because I highly doubt that Miami has same starting O line. Only given is center he isnt going anywhere. But everyone else could be different and rightfully so.
"Reality" according to people who desperately need their quarterback of the future, based on nothing objective that can be attributed to the line exclusively.

"Religion," in other words.

Whatever the case may be I am willing to give t
hem another year together. Hopefully alot of the problems many of us see will be fixed.

no doubt. Another offseason is key for any new player to a system or rookie.

nexy year if tannehill is the same qb hes been his whole life, most of you will then say he had a new o-coordinator, 4 new guys on the line and its gonna take him a few years to learn the system. this team should have been in the playoffs this year, instead it was the same ole garbage its been for a very long time.

nexy year if tannehill is the same qb hes been his whole life, most of you will then say he had a new o-coordinator, 4 new guys on the line and its gonna take him a few years to learn the system. this team should have been in the playoffs this year, instead it was the same ole garbage its been for a very long time.

actually, no.

He is the new Chad Henne. You do it in year 3 or its a bust. But I do have that feeling like Sherman held him back and forces beyond his control at stake here. I mean incog and martin is still alive for crying out loud.

i really hope management is smart enough to realize what you just wrote finfan54. if this guy doesnt have at least a qb rating above 85 then i seriously doubt hes the answer(i would bet the farm on it he'll never be anything close to elite).

Yeah I would say line didnt give him enough time to throw and plant his feet accurately. First year for these. Guys being together. Who knows may take time to gel with each other. Can you guve an explanation of why the line sucked?
Are you kidding? You don't think the rest of us saw those missed throws? He had time on 8 of them that I saw. The line sucked because they had 4 guys trying to play a Zone Blocking scheme they were not fit to play. And the Guard play was the worst in Dolphin history.

"Reality" according to people who desperately need their quarterback of the future, based on nothing objective that can be attributed to the line exclusively.

Well i can see why you changed your name. Because gravity has fallen. And your reality is all screwed up! And the perception is we have a pretty good young Qb with alot of upside.

Are you kidding? You don't think the rest of us saw those missed throws? He had time on 8 of them that I saw. The line sucked because they had 4 guys trying to play a Zone Blocking scheme they were not fit to play. And the Guard play was the worst in Dolphin history.

Not sure what games you were watching but the ones I saw Tannenhill barely had enough time to get ball from under center! Its amazing that he played as well as he did!

For a guy that had only had 20 starts in college. Plus 32 games with fins. Thats not a whole lot of games for a starting qb. Most would say given circumstances he's held up good. He has gotten lots of props from lots of people in the media. JJ being oneof them. Hopefully with the cancer known as our former GM gone things get better. If new gm works with the coaches there is no reason the team cant be better than last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did he do fairly well throwing deep to everyone else then? He was very inconsistent with just Wallace. Which is understandable seeing as they worked together for such a short period of time. Or maybe because Ryan is a secret Jets fan and sucks and Matt Moore is like totes mcgotes the best. I mean both are like plausible right?

Exactly this. Does anyone have deep ball stats by receiver? I would really like to see the difference between Wallace and all the other guys.

While I don't think that the "system" or "Mike Sherman" or Mike Wallace "still learning the system" should be used as an excuse for the poor offensive showing in the last two games (because there are other offenses in the league that miracously can learn a system during their first training camp, e.g., Chiefs or Colts), it's pretty obvious that this coming season will tell us a lot about Ryan Tannehill. For the first time since his high school days he won't have Mike Sherman around and IMO his play in 2014 will determine his future with the Miami Dolphins.

On a side note: we are debating whether the QB we have is the future or not. All the while he threw for 24 TD passes. Only 13 other QBs did that in 2013. Luck did not do it, the Jets as a team had only 13 TD passes. Even the Niners did not reach 20 TD passes. I am pretty confident at this point that Tannehill will improve even more in 2014.

i really hope management is smart enough to realize what you just wrote finfan54. if this guy doesnt have at least a qb rating above 85 then i seriously doubt hes the answer(i would bet the farm on it he'll never be anything close to elite).

Have you missed it? According to this fan forum, he already is ELITE!! C'mon man..hes already up there with Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers... (yes im being sarcastic)

Who are the five greatest QB's of ALL TIME?
1. Tannehill
2. Tannehill
3. Tannehill
4. Tannehill
and #5 is.............. *thinking*...... TANNEHILL!!!
Those are the five greatest QB's of ALL TIME (in my rastafarian voice):ricky:

6UcNatR-1.jpg

Tannehill's 24 TD's ranks him tied for 12th with Carson Palmer and Cam Newton. Not bad for a second year QB.

One note is that RT17 did attempt the 7th most passes. So 7th in attempts but 12 in production shows he still needs to improve quite a bit.

If you look at him in TD% for passes thrown he is ranked 20th.
Russell Wilson had 26 TD passes, only 6 interceptions, 101 QB Rating + a Super Bowl win. Not bad for a second year QB. Oh and BTW he was drafted after baby Ryan. I won't bother getting into Nick Foles.

Have you missed it? According to this fan forum, he already is ELITE!! C'mon man..hes already up there with Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers... (yes im being sarcastic)

Who are the five greatest QB's of ALL TIME?
1. Tannehill
2. Tannehill
3. Tannehill
4. Tannehill
and #5 is.............. *thinking*...... TANNEHILL!!!
Those are the five greatest QB's of ALL TIME (in my rastafarian voice):ricky:

I've seen no one classify him as elite...what is the disconnect with some of you?

Some of us believe he is a developing young qb with the physical ability to potentially be elite, we feel he showed enough progress in 2013 that we should stay with him.

Your hyperbole is over the top.

thats funny, because everytime i mention that its a make or break year for RT...just about every poster get's there panties in a bunch

Back
Top Bottom