McCain and Jones to IR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCain and Jones to IR

Rowe and Parker at safety

Needham and the guy we got from tbe saints on tbe boundary wiltz in the slot

Could see wiltz get some safety run too id say

I'd love to have been able to listen in on that phone call.
Grier; 'Hello, Flo? Hey, I just released McDonald. I'll get a replacement in the morning.'
Flo; W_H_A_A_T????

I know, if only McDonald was available for us to grab now....oh wait...he is just out there, unsigned, waiting.

A lazy way to look at it, but sure.

One was jettisoning McDonald with zero replacement since not using Fitz
Huge blunder in trading Fitz
Drake was a big mistake...yes he wanted to leave like Fitz because of more stupidity
Extending Davis & grant not the smartest
Interest in Clowney when bailing on Tunsil made no sense

Wasn't just Reshad and McCain...looks like the kid we signed a week ago at WR is going to IR too...he didn't even play in a game.

One was jettisoning McDonald with zero replacement since not using Fitz McDonald wasn't good at football. You know how I know this? Because I watched him with my own eyes and so did everybody else in the league which is why he's sitting at home watching games on TV like the rest of us
Huge blunder in trading Fitz We drafted him for his leadership and versatility. Those were the two things that were said about him over and over. He whined his way off the team and refused to play multiple positions. Idgaf about how many "plays" he's making in Pittsburgh because I would never draft a free safety at #9 overall. He's a pretty good player who makes a play and gets an INT every now and then, but misses too many tackles as a safety for my liking. Once this streak of luck ends where fumbles bounce to him or the QBs stop gift wrapping him INTs where he doesn't have to even move, the hype will die down and nobody will care.
Drake was a big mistake...yes he wanted to leave like Fitz because of more stupidity Based on what? He is what he is. A speed back who can't get you the consistent yards or take the pounding for a workhorse load. He's also going to cost $6+ mil a season after this year most likely. Are you resigning him for that? If no, then obviously Grier did the right thing. If yes, I question your ability to actually judge a GM.
Extending Davis & grant not the smartest So your idea of making bad roster moves is resigning the best offensive lineman we have, someone who is versatile and at a good contract. Ok. And the Grant thing? Bet people said the same thing about resigning Parker this offseason, and I'll bet you said the same too.
Interest in Clowney when bailing on Tunsil made no sense Tunsil has given up a chunk of sacks, has 11+ penalties, and has missed multiple games. We got 2 first rounders for him. Clowney has 3 sacks, 12 QB hits, 5 TFLs, and 25 tackles in 10 games. He hasn't been good. Literally BOTH of those results turned out to be the correct decision. If that makes no sense to you...

One was jettisoning McDonald with zero replacement since not using Fitz
Huge blunder in trading Fitz
Drake was a big mistake...yes he wanted to leave like Fitz because of more stupidity
Extending Davis & grant not the smartest
Interest in Clowney when bailing on Tunsil made no sense

Trading Fitz? No doubt he has been excellent in Pittsburgh, but he has a ton of help and little responsibility, Miami did not have that luxury and it was hurting his ego. He had to be the man and step up and he didn't want to. Getting a first for him...pretty much fixes the mistake.

McDonald has not been reigned, so not did Miami think he was a poor player, the rest of the ****ing NFL does as well

Drake, ehh, I mean, he had that game, then looked like normal Drake the next week. Pretty much what he did here and why he had no real value. Getting anything for a player you have no intention of resigning.

Clowney did not want to play in Miami, he is 26/27 years old, his window to have a Super Bowl run is closing. Miami is in the process of revamping its roster so it was not a good move for him. Grier then bends over the Texans for 3 picks in the top 50 for a LT.

If you want to complain about the drafting the team has down in the last whatever number of years, fine there is a basis for that argument as Grier has had a hand in those classes, but those complaints you list are almost all seen as good moves (the resigning, ehh, low money).

Last edited:
This secondary is gonna get a massive overhaul this offseason.
If Needham can keep playing at a decent level, I think him and Howard make our pass defense a lot better. Depends on our safeties and pass rush to help though.

Neither will be missed.

Jones is damaged goods and McCain is only playable as a nickel back. If we sign or draft a CB, Needham can bump inside, and we can rid ourselves of McCain....

Excellent job by Grier. Way to cut the younger McDonald and keep the older, more expensive, injury prone player in Jones. In Grier we trust amirite.

McDonald got released in August and here we are almost in December and no one has had any interest.

Another excellent post by the GOAT poster.

Back
Top Bottom