McCourty on Tua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCourty on Tua

I dont get how everyone dismisses the fact the good and Elite QBs were set up with weapons to make them who they are today. And Tua somehow "needs" weapons to perform. Its such a double standard. I like how JM responds on that...

JM don’t lie.

While it's true Tua is 0-4 for his career against the Bills and Chiefs, what about the flip side of that statement. Against the rest of the league he's 13-4. As concerning as the 0-4 record is against two of the AFC power houses, the 13-4 record needs to get at least a little acknowledgement. I don't get how you have a young qb who is obviously still growing and has areas he needs to improve on but yet wins games with a team that struggles more when he's not in the lineup. I can see people having questions about how good can Tua be or can you win a titie with him, but the narative that you can't win in the NFL with Tua at the helm should be put to rest. Tua, Burrow and Herbert... only one of these qbs have a winning career record in the regular season. I don't think it's far fetched to say if Tua would have started 15 games in each of first two seasons they might have made the playoffs in each of those seasons.

I like how Schrager says, "you don't say that about Josh Allen". Allen sucked before they got Diggs.
Yeah Schrager sounded like a tool. Allen and Mahomes have weapons already that’s why nobody says that. In fact there were points last year where the talking heads were saying Mahomes didn’t have enough weapons.

I dont get how everyone dismisses the fact the good and Elite QBs were set up with weapons to make them who they are today. And Tua somehow "needs" weapons to perform. Its such a double standard. I like how JM responds on that...

He may be a nice guy, but Schrager doesn’t have the first clue most the time. He’s no different than most any casual fan. I don’t think Brandt is all that much different although he is better than Schrager.

His comments on Mahomes and Allen not needing weapons to be successful shows you just how thoughtless and clueless he is. And the Herbert comment doubles down on it all.

If Herbert came into the league with the worst oline, no run game and the receivers MIA trotted out on the field the past few years none of these talking heads would be idolizing him.

He may be a nice guy, but Schrager doesn’t have the first clue most the time. He’s no different than most any casual fan. I don’t think Brandt is all that much different although he is better than Schrager.

His comments on Mahomes and Allen not needing weapons to be successful shows you just how thoughtless and clueless he is. And the Herbert comment doubles down on it all.

If Herbert came into the league with the worst oline, no run game and the receivers MIA trotted out on the field the past few years none of these talking heads would be idolizing him.

Youre correct. I get it though, no one has been put in a situation like Tua, so everyones eyes are automatically gonna be on Tua. He is like the prototype of a QB having the "Worst Set Up". You literally have to cut and paste another QB into his shoes to see the outcome of their performance. Unfortunately that will never happen, And vice versa we could never tell how Tua would do with Mahomes', Allen's, or Burrow's offensive roster.

Youre correct. I get it though, no one has been put in a situation like Tua, so everyones eyes are automatically gonna be on Tua. He is like the prototype of a QB having the "Worst Set Up". You literally have to cut and paste another QB into his shoes to see the outcome of their performance. Unfortunately that will never happen, And vice versa we could never tell how Tua would do with Mahomes', Allen's, or Burrow's offensive roster.

But we do know that Josh Allen struggled a bit during his 1st two seasons and that he didn’t explode until BUF improved their o-line and added Stefon Diggs and others.

And we also know that Mahomes got to sit nearly an entire season watching and learning from Alex Smith and once he was finally inserted enjoyed playing alongside some of the best offensive talent in the league.

The Bills fans wanted to get rid of Josh Allen after his first two seasons. Yet once he got better coaching and they traded for Diggs, he suddenly became a top QB in the league.

Obviously Tua needs to prove that he deserves to be considered a top QB by his play on the field. Yet the 2022 season will be the first year he has the talent around him to succeed and an offensive head coach that actually knows what he is doing on that side of the ball.

Most people would say Joe Montana was an elite QB, but he compares physically to Tua in a lot of ways.
Funny, Jerry Rice and John Taylor sure knew how to play WR.
Oh, Roger Craig too.
And on, and on.
And he had probably the most innovative offensive minded head coach in the history of the league.

Back
Top Bottom