McDaniel should've known Fangio scheme wouldn't work with our players? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel should've known Fangio scheme wouldn't work with our players?

McD is not going to speak a bad word about another coach in the league, regardless of the circumstances. Just not realistic to think he is going to spill anything publicly.

In any type of business (including the NFL in my opinion) the "Because I said so" mentality doesn't work anymore. You have to engage and explain as a leader and to the extent possible, either build consensus or simply understanding of what and why something is being done. As a boomer, I can tell you that the management style in general I experienced when I began my career was significantly different from the one when I finished my career. And that change was for the better......

I completely respect Fangio's expertise and innovation, but I lost a lot of respect for him as a member of the Dolphins coaching staff. Not that he or his bank account GAF.

Very possibly was just a complete character/personality mismatch between he and McD (which I thought when they first hired him), and he just turtled from there.

Either way, he's gone, on to new blood.

And all I'm saying is that the HC is in charge. I get the distinct impression that Fangio was not willing to collaborate, accept or act on the HC's input. That situation can not continue in any type of high level organization.

The players are a separate issue. You are old school so, as I said before, you don't care. That is not reality today. IMO. BB was the last dinosaur that could get away with that, and then only because he was a proven SB winner.
Its easy to envision this going down. McD is widely known for out-of-the-box stuff, its not hard to think Fangio would've taken poorly to some or most of it.

I know we blame Fangio a lot for not utilizing the players the best way but I feel like McDaniel should've realized that scheme wouldn't match the talent we already had.

Don't know about that, but the D wasn't abysmal at start of season and in mid season I was thrilled to see a DC who made adjustments THE NEXT DRIVE. Just like a real DC. That has to be using talent. For unknown reasons those quick adjustments died in the TENN game. (Did pretty well in the last BUF game with al the injuries.)
I don't know his specific problems, but I don't think 'not given talent' was a major contributor. It looked like his mind wasn't on his job.

McD is on his 3rd DC in 3 years with experience levels and styles all over the place.

Hard to claim ignorance on McD’s behalf… Coyle and Fangio were both known commodities. I don’t think McD knows what he wants on defense.
Unfortunately, this is shades on Flores and his offensive coordinators. I think McD is easier to work with but we can’t deny both coaches couldn’t get it right on the other side of the ball.

Unfortunately, this is shades on Flores and his offensive coordinators. I think McD is easier to work with but we can’t deny both coaches couldn’t get it right on the other side of the ball.
QFT.

I don't believe we'll see a 4th next year though, unless they let McD go.

Defense played good last yr. We losed because we couldn't score points in playoff or any big games we played.

Last year collapsed because we couldn't score not because the defense stunk. The fact that we lost fangio is just another negative on coach McDaniel who seems to have no control over this team nor any idea what's going on with his coaches

Tyreek is a mess; Holland is arguing with fans; we lost our most experienced coach our best offensive player and we retained Danny crossman

there's no accountability this is all setting up for a spectacular disaster that we are all used to

It's been nothing but incompetence from front office to the field since we lost to Tennessee.

It doesn't at all seem that we're going to recover from that

Buddy Ryan bill belicek pre patriots wanna be without the resumes

Back
Top Bottom