McDaniel should've known Fangio scheme wouldn't work with our players? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel should've known Fangio scheme wouldn't work with our players?

Wasted a year of Ramsey career

The fact that you don’t use that guy all over the field is about the dumbest football decision I can imagine.

How is this possible with this legend

Wait I have something more dumb.

“ I not gonna watch tape on these players”

lol, I can’t make this up.

The defense was so unprepared to start the season it was embarrassing

Not a surprise to me.

Fangio was to busy trying to make Gink a Mike and playing long 9 snaps

Never trusted him.. don’t care what he did against crappy teams and someone who couldn’t design a game plan for nothing against a dual threat Qb, embarrassing again

Last edited:
This thread is kind of silly. But the one criticism that I do think is fair regarding this is that I hope McD has more of a symbiotic relationship with the new DC than he did with the two past ones. He’s previously stated that with both Vic and Boyer, he didn’t bother them and let them do their thing for the most part. Hopefully he’s able to take a little bit of ownership with the D as well.

I'm completely puzzled by these statements. We had a top 10 defense. Yes, we could have played better. I would have like to see Ramsey shadow top WRs, more blitzing, more Cam Smith, press coverage when needed, a different outcome for that Titans game meltdown ....but jeez.

Top 10 is quite respectable. The players seem to fit the scheme, IMO. In fact, I think we were top 5 before that embarrassing Ravens game late in the season.

The entire premise of this thread is based on a fake narrative.

Our offense was the issue down the stretch - blame whatever you want... but even with injuries, our defense showed up and played well in the final 2 "must win" games vs Buffalo and KC both.

You can say what you want about Fangio, but the scheme and performance was just fine, and was our better unit down the stretch.

I know we blame Fangio a lot for not utilizing the players the best way but I feel like McDaniel should've realized that scheme wouldn't match the talent we already had.
So obnoxious that would be micromanaging, which seldom works anywhere least of the NFL

The entire premise of this thread is based on a fake narrative.

Our offense was the issue down the stretch - blame whatever you want... but even with injuries, our defense showed up and played well in the final 2 "must win" games vs Buffalo and KC both.

You can say what you want about Fangio, but the scheme and performance was just fine, and was our better unit down the stretch.
They gave up 882 yards in those 2 games, you sure about that?

They gave up 882 yards in those 2 games, you sure about that?
Our offense was nonexistent.

You watched those guys yeah?

What are you going to argue? That 7pts should be enough to win and the defense and their 400yds given up was the real issue at KC? Or that causing 3 first half Buffalo turnovers wasn’t enough, we should have gotten 6?

Yeah it sure seems like Mcdaniel just wanted a name for our DC. Hope he learns from that.

A lot of teams wanted that name.

Is the recent hire learning from that?

Time will tell. I understand Fangio was a big name that everyone wanted but that seems a little lazy to just go get the big name guy and assume that will solve their problems. Hopefully McDaniel learned that everyone has to be on the same page, sure sounds like that wasn't the case when Fangio was here. Thats on Chris Grier as well, Grier wasn't on the same page with Flores as well.

Our offense was nonexistent.

You watched those guys yeah?

What are you going to argue? That 7pts should be enough to win and the defense and their 400yds given up was the real issue at KC? Or that causing 3 first half Buffalo turnovers wasn’t enough, we should have gotten 6?
You said the defense "showed up and played well", I say they had their moments but overall weren't very good.

Back
Top Bottom