McGlockton signs with the Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McGlockton signs with the Jets

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Veteran departs Denver for Jets' one-year deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Desperate for help at defensive tackle, the New York Jets signed former Broncos defensive tackle Chester McGlockton to a one-year, $780,000 contract.

The deal included a $25,000 signing bonus.

Defensive tackle Josh Evans' indefinite drug suspension and the likely holdout of first-round draft choice Dewayne Robertson created the Jets' serious need for a veteran tackle.

Veteran departs Denver for Jets' one-year deal

DOH!! This guy is better than Evans. Is he still??

very good pickup by them, whether you guys like it or not, adams for Bills and Chester for Jets will be very important in a divsion with running backs such as ricky, curtis, and travis...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
very good pickup by them, whether you guys like it or not, adams for Bills and Chester for Jets will be very important in a divsion with running backs such as ricky, curtis, and travis...

Chester is a good pick-up, but Adams is a fat tub of crap

McGlockton!?! This is awesome news because they just picked up a fat, underachieving, overhyped, lazy, malcontent piece of crap. I happen to believe he'll be a perfect fit on the Jets roster. :lol:

Apparently, he's motivated again.

I do agree... yuck, agreeing with a Bills fan... let me go shower :lol:

I hate to say this but, statisticaly, McGlockton played as well as Larry Chester and better than Tim Bowens last year. He's an 11 year veteran that, when correctly motivated, can cause double teams in the middle. This means free LB's ready to hit RW.

I think it was a very good pick up for the very fast planes, especially since they expect their #1 pick to hold out.

I see plenty of McGlockton up here and he is very inconsistent. I imagine it has something to do with his advancing age and the fact that he has always been one to take plays off. He still has the ability to make plays, but it seems fewer and further in between. I think Clayton sums it up pretty well. The Jets are desperate.

I don't think you can judge defensive tackles on statistics. The Broncos were not interested in bringing him back at any price. He was once a very solid (and slightly overrated) player with the Raiders. Those days are gone.

Originally posted by DENVERDOLFAN
I see plenty of McGlockton up here and he is very inconsistent. I imagine it has something to do with his advancing age and the fact that he has always been one to take plays off. He still has the ability to make plays, but it seems fewer and further in between. I think Clayton sums it up pretty well. The Jets are desperate.

He has just as many tackles (37) as Chester and more than Bowens. He also had 2 sacks. Maybe he doesn't get the big play as much because he takes on two linemen like Bowens does. I don't know the answer to that. Is this the case DENVERDOLFAN?

If your going to go strictly by statistics, Zgonina should be starting in front of Chester and Bowens. Chester and Bowens stats are Zach Thomas' tackles. They don't play on passing downs. Believe me, they are far better players than McGlockton.

C-Mart is overrated. Where was he last year?

Back
Top Bottom