McGlockton signs with the Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McGlockton signs with the Jets

In all fairness, Martin had two bad ankles last year.

C- Mac can be good at times. His play can be very closely related to the play of Sam Adams. At times he can look very good and make plays, but then he'll be known to take plays, series , and even QAURTERS off. So I just see this as a decent pickup for a team that needed a DT badly. His conditioning is a major factor for his success, not to mention his motivation.. he's not the player he once was.

Martin is not as good as everyone says he is.. I respect him for his play last year because of his play last year with the ankles and everything.. But this guy just does not dazzle anyone and should be the one rushing for 2,000 yards a season with that Offensive Line.. Curtis rushed for 1500+ yards in 2001 and that was all the by-product of his o-line.. Curtis is a solid north to south runner, but he's not explosive..

Just because Curtis Martin doesn't create a bunch of highlight reel Barry Sanders runs, doesn't mean the guy isn't very very very good. He is extremely good, extremely quick, excellent at changing directions, great hands, and his instincts and body control are some of the best in the entire NFL bar none.

Sorry but you're just way off Rude.

Anyway, McGlockton is not on the same level as even Sam Adams, let alone Larry Chester or Tim Bowens. If this had happened right at the beginning of free agency I might have been a little worried, but here we are on the 11th hour and the only reason this aged lazy piece of crap is even on a roster if because Josh Evans got suspended indefinitely. The Broncos signed him to a decent contract and it was supposed to be a heck of a boon for them. It wasn't. Not down the stretch anyway. They had an awesome run defense the first half of the season, but it was because of their extremely fast and productive linebackers, and playing Trevor Pryce at DE which turned out to be quite a coup (makes ya think DW had the right idea with DG moving to DE). The Broncos were not interested in the least in bringing him back, and no other team in the league was interested in signing him. That, and his veteran's minimum contract, should really tell us all we need to know about him. He was always a bunch of talent wrapped in a lazy inconsistent package with attitude problems. Now he's old, and pretty much all thats left are the laziness, inconsistency, and attitude...with a little sprinkle of talent every now and then.

The only reason the Jets didn't sign back DT Steve Martin instead of McGlockton is because Steve burned his bridges with a lot of those teammates and coaches over in Jersey. The fact that Chester was option 2 to Steve Martin's 1, should also tell us all we need to know.

McGlockton has been on the waiver wire this long and hasn't gotten a sniff because he is a lazy, 2-down player who makes the players around him lazier. Still, he and Adams have always given our OLmen fits. Against the Broncos and Raiders, those two gave Perry and Ruddy fits all day. When Ruddy and Perry aren't lining up across 330 pound run stuffers like McGlockton and Adams, they are effective players who play at a Pro Bowl level. If they have to knock a guy like this straight off the ball, they'll struggle.

Bowens = God
McGlokton = Stupid lazy fat *** who can't do crap
Adams = same as Chester

DUH!

While he may no longer be a Pro-Bowler, McGlockton is a important pickup for the Jets because it fits a NEED. Right now they only have 1 DT with starting experience, and a rookie who will hopefully produce. Even if Robertson plays great, depth is still needed, and I am pleased with this signing. By the way never EVER say that Curtis Martin is overrated. This man has had a tremendous career thus far, is tough as nails, and is a great leader. He had 2 bad ankles last year, but didn't sit out a game. He finished 2nd in the league in rushing 2 years ago, and someone is saying he should have had 2000 yards? Do you realize how stupid that comment is? Out of 31 teams, he was leading all of them going into the last game, but because he had a good O-Linhe should have set the NFL record? OK buddy. ( Sorry for getting upset).

McGlockton is about 50 pounds over weight and has no motovation left. He will not work out on their D-line. This doesn't bother the Phins.:o

Folks, this is a terriffic signing for the Jets. One year, paracitally no signing bonus and a ton of upside. If he regains his old form, they walk away with a pro bowl caliber DT that can change the face of a game. If hes a lazy malcontent, then hell sit on the bench while Ferguson and Robertson man the middle.

I dont get you guys.

Originally posted by Surferosa
Folks, this is a terriffic signing for the Jets. One year, paracitally no signing bonus and a ton of upside. If he regains his old form, they walk away with a pro bowl caliber DT that can change the face of a game. If hes a lazy malcontent, then hell sit on the bench while Ferguson and Robertson man the middle.

I dont get you guys.

I agree with you Surferosa. I just don't think he'll regain his old form. Rickey needn't be worried.

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Bowens = God
McGlokton = Stupid lazy fat *** who can't do crap
Adams = same as Chester

DUH!

You misspelled the word good.

Originally posted by gunn34

I agree with you Surferosa. I just don't think he'll regain his old form. Rickey needn't be worried.

It's not Ricky who have to worry, it's Ruddy and Todd, as NYCat states Ruddy and Todd have trouble with DT's of this size, it's hard to move fat tubes like this in the beginning of the game, generally you have let the quarters take care of them...they usually wear down. But that waiting part allows LB's to be a big part of the D..Ricky will have to worry about them..not Big Mac.

Do you think Ruddy will still be the starting Center? I'm thinking it's time for Seth to step up. Maybe he will have better luck with the big guys.

McGlockton has done nothing this whole offseason. He probably won't be able to get into playing shape by the start of the season. Another great signing by the Jets. I now give their offseason an A+. :lol: :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom