McIntosh Signing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McIntosh Signing

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
What about a LG/RG depending on where we don't put James. Are we going w/Yates/Whitley?

On a side note...that's my team on Sportscenter putting the smack down on S. Illinois last night, gonna go dancing with a win tonight! (sorry had to throw that in!)

Way to go, Rick!!!! Great move!

I still think we'll sign another guard, myself.

BTW, nice job by SMS. I like seeing teams like that pull upsets and knock bubble teams out of the tourney. As for my guys, the 'Cuse took care of business with 5 in a row. REPEAT!!!!

(yeah yeah, off topic, okay fine: I reiterate, McIntosh was a great pickup, let's hope it was a bargain)

I think is a good move too. Now we might still get a guard but is not really a must to get one as we do have Yates and Whitley to compete if need be plus the draft have a few good guards that I feel could come in and start like Snee, Carey and Locklear. We do have a need to get a back up center so if we get another guard in fee agency then look for us to draft a center which I know would make some people happy and some guys on here have posted how much they like that guy Grove.

I'm very happy that the o-line is now taking some shape.

Ozzy rules!!

clump, you don't think this is an upgrade over wade... at the very least id say it's about the same with more potential and probably cheaper. Scouts Inc agrees and id be willing to bet most people around the league would too, well, accept for the texans :) Sure he wasnt our primary option, but a pretty good backup plan.

that being said, i know what you are getting at, and i agree, no matter who we lose the person we bring in is always viewed as an upgrade by some of the blind fans (can you blame them for being optimistic though, you cant tell me you dont have similar bills fans, every team has them).

McIntosh was the starting LEFT TACKLE for San Diego. This move gives us our first and only depth at LT, which is also a plus. I expect he will start at RT, but in the event that W. Smith is injured or struggles, this give us a good insurance policy for the left side. So there is added value with McIntosh that we did not have with Todd Wade.

Orlando Brown also stayed over until today. I think there is slight possibility that we could have a double signing and that Brown would be RT and McIntosh LG, thus taking care of depth at LT, starting RG and starting RT. They could then draft Vernon Carey in Rd 1 and groom him to replace the 33 yr old Brown in a yr or so, IF they are able to somehow get a pick in the second round in order to take a WR there from the VERY deep WR class.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Why is it that whomever y'all sign is always an upgrade? :shakeno:

Because whoever we had at that spot before SUCKED! :D

You have to admit that signing a player for ANY spot on our OL is an upgrade! That was one of the worst OL's, probably in Dolphin history (since 1970).

Just citing the info from Scouts Inc. Frankly, I don't think I've seen McIntosh play a down in the NFL, I'm just going on what I've read.

Now Clump even you should be able to figure that out, anybody is an upgrade to an empty spot. :lol:

Well unless it is Ray Useless, then your better off snapping directly to the RB. :lol:

Originally posted by Jorser
McIntosh was the starting LEFT TACKLE for San Diego. This move gives us our first and only depth at LT, which is also a plus. I expect he will start at RT, but in the event that W. Smith is injured or struggles, this give us a good insurance policy for the left side. So there is added value with McIntosh that we did not have with Todd Wade.

Orlando Brown also stayed over until today. I think there is slight possibility that we could have a double signing and that Brown would be RT and McIntosh LG, thus taking care of depth at LT, starting RG and starting RT. They could then draft Vernon Carey in Rd 1 and groom him to replace the 33 yr old Brown in a yr or so, IF they are able to somehow get a pick in the second round in order to take a WR there from the VERY deep WR class.

Interesting comments. Where did you hear that O. Brown is staying over longer? Also, I think Jeno James is going to be LG (that was his position at Carolina - and Bates and Whitley both backed up at RG). There was a typo in one of the papers.

I'm not sure I would draft Carey in round 1 if we signed both those guys. It would be nice to have him (better Andrews, but he'll likely be gone), but with our needs at WR I can't see us doing it. A) We have no ammunition to move into round 2; and B) We need a guy who can step in immediately - so one of the 1st rounders is likely.

I can see it happening in this case: We trade down from #20 pick to, say, 30th, get lucky that Carey lasts till then (he could go low 1st round), and pick up a late 2nd rounder in the deal.

Allright! This guy is a great run blocker.

ChambersOwnz, we're almost there. We got 1 down, now just have to get Coleman.

Great news guys. This guy can be as good or better than Todd Wade IF he stays healthy. But thats a pretty big IF because so far in his career he has not stayed entirely healthy. He played 10 games in 2001, and then like 13 games in 2002 and 2003 or something like that.

Its no wonder we cancelled out on Adam Meadows. I'd have rather signed McIntosh, Brown, or Salaam than Meadows.

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

Interesting comments. Where did you hear that O. Brown is staying over longer? Also, I think Jeno James is going to be LG (that was his position at Carolina - and Bates and Whitley both backed up at RG). There was a typo in one of the papers.

I'm not sure I would draft Carey in round 1 if we signed both those guys. It would be nice to have him (better Andrews, but he'll likely be gone), but with our needs at WR I can't see us doing it. A) We have no ammunition to move into round 2; and B) We need a guy who can step in immediately - so one of the 1st rounders is likely.

I can see it happening in this case: We trade down from #20 pick to, say, 30th, get lucky that Carey lasts till then (he could go low 1st round), and pick up a late 2nd rounder in the deal.

Your trade down draft scenario is what I am referring to. The depth at WR and the fact that taking Carey at #20 would be a little high, lends itself to that possibility, getting both players in high to mid round two. Throw in the fact that Ogunleye for a pick still exists and that could plan out.

Yes I agree James will be the LG.

The comment on Brown staying over came from the Herald.
It also states that E. Salaam would be in town on Sunday night as well. If they had agreed to terms with McIntosh, then why would they still have Brown here and still be looking at Salaam?

Back
Top Bottom