McIntosh Signing | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McIntosh Signing

This is a great signing if it transpires...you have to like the fact that ...just as Rick said , if not plan A than , than on to plan B , he obviously had and has a gameplan.

Also within the first week of free agency Miami looks to have made 3 signifigant aquisitions. All 3 are relatively young and have upside.

McIntosh offers Miami better value than Todd Wade in my opinion. We still have options now , because of the judicous use of the cap . It will be interesting to hear from the news conference if Miami still plans to pursue a RG or not. It is not now imperative we do , but if again we can sign a younger , cap acceptable lineman ...well you would have to say we retooled a disapointing offensive line pretty darn quick.

Anyone think Rick does not have vision and leadership? Things are getting exciting again , and the draft should be interesting as well....

Ricky also has to be cracking at least a grin don't you think? I know I am .....

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Why is it that whomever y'all sign is always an upgrade? :shakeno:

For what its worth, I dont think that the majority of people here (me included) saw Feeley as an upgrade over Fiedler. So thats not entirely true.

McIntosh is the best FA signing the Dolphins have made yet.

OUTSTANDING.....

LT - W. Smith
LG - J. James
C - S. McKinney
RG - ?
RT - McIntosh

Looking Good Dolfans!

I'm hoping for Nails to be our next Signing to play RG.

Does anyone have the link to Scouts inc ? thanks in advance.

Still smiling here lol .....

Clump , adding Jeno James and Damion McIntosh isn't an upgrade? would you trade them for Wade and Nails?

Wade regressed and he may be rejuvenated in Texas , but to me seeing he had his best year as a rookie and never matched that , I would not want to give him 5 million a year.

Regardless , Miami has swiftly addressed the most critical of defeciencies and both James and McIntosh have substantial upside. You also have to like that Damion has played LT , and that is no small aside.

Hey ChambersOwnz84 ..... you think McIntosh , born in Kingston Jamaica may be related to the late great Peter Tosh ? that was Tosh's initial surname..... you may need to make another spliff sig ;)

You've seen it before but this is McIntosh's profile...the parts I like...

A third-round pick by the Chargers in 2000, McIntosh has started at left tackle the last three seasons. A college defensive tackle who moved to offense as a junior, he has great size and excellent lower-body strength. Can wear defenders down. Creates movement in short-yardage situations, gets great initial pop, and consistently opens up seams. Plays with a good base and balance. Nasty. Can sustain his blocks and dominate the point of attack. Bends at the knees in pass protection, has the bulk to hold his ground against bull rushers. Has adequate lateral mobility. Has some ability to redirect. Gets too high, and needs to play with better leverage. Doesn't play in space or change directions very well. Has problems adjusting to the moving target at the second level. Pass sets too far outside and occasionally will get beaten back inside. Must stay in shape. Appears to wear down during games. Has been bothered by injuries. Lacks a feel for the game, makes some mistakes and could take better angles. McIntosh isn't a prototypical pass-blocking left tackle, and his health and conditioning are concerns, but he is a powerful run blocker who has fine upside.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Great news guys. This guy can be as good or better than Todd Wade IF he stays healthy. But thats a pretty big IF because so far in his career he has not stayed entirely healthy. He played 10 games in 2001, and then like 13 games in 2002 and 2003 or something like that.

Its no wonder we cancelled out on Adam Meadows. I'd have rather signed McIntosh, Brown, or Salaam than Meadows.

But, but ...but ... Big-O says McIntosh is crap and Meadows is who we should have gone after ....

(Kinda dropped his TO rants all of a sudden, didn't he?)

:D

Originally posted by Rick 1966

And a #1 QB. And a new head coach. But at least it's a hole filled and by a reasonably talented player, which is good news.

we have Feeley who is a good QB with tons of potential

Originally posted by Jorser

Orlando Brown also stayed over until today. I think there is slight possibility that we could have a double signing and that Brown would be RT and McIntosh LG, thus taking care of depth at LT, starting RG and starting RT. They could then draft Vernon Carey in Rd 1 and groom him to replace the 33 yr old Brown in a yr or so, IF they are able to somehow get a pick in the second round in order to take a WR there from the VERY deep WR class.

I really like this theory/idea. I hope Rick deals this way.

Originally posted by Agua

But, but ...but ... Big-O says McIntosh is crap and Meadows is who we should have gone after ....

(Kinda dropped his TO rants all of a sudden, didn't he?)

:D

Big O has a problem with EVERY move this franchise makes or doesn't make. If we would have signed Meadows then McIntosh would have been better. He has gotten very fuill of himself of late and is a complete turn off as far as I am concerned. How would you like to have TO on your roster right now? Boy, that would have been a brilliant move Orlando!

What does he know? No more than you or I. Just because he can talk to a FEW players due to his job? I am sure he doesn't spend anywhere close to the amount of time the professionals in the Dolphin front office analyzing the players they interview, draft, or sign.

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I wouldn't say he is a good QB just yet.

He'll only need to pass for 99 yards to outplay Bledsoe though if last year is any indication!

Back
Top Bottom