McKinney's "Guarantee" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney's "Guarantee"

All I can say is "I HOPE SO". Our line was horrible last year. I hope the whole team remembers that feeling of being 4-12 and it drives them to make sure it does not happen again, EVER! (well maybe that is pushing it, but not for a long time!!) =)

i hope seth has a good year... people here seem to want to make him the skapegoat for last seasons ****ty o-line play... but it was not all his fault and it was his first full season starting... give the guy a break... i expect him to play better this year...

Joe Rose said earlier this morning that he was having beers with the OL guys yesterday and they told him they were better right now than anytime last year. Joe made the obvious comment, "guys, you haven't even put pads on..." and he was told that it's the technique, discipline and confidence because they're seeing that it works.

Seth guaranteeing he'll improve is like an elevator on the bottom floor guaranteeing it will go to the second floor. Way to go out on a limb there Seth.

Thanks Seth, now I can sleep at night. :shakeno: Maybe his guarantee will be legitimized by a sudden unannounced retirement on his part.

painnotpleasure said:
Zo made a guarentee against Chicago (in the playoffs) that the Heat would win. The Bulls slaughtered them and swept them 4-0. I forget which year though, sometime in the mid 90's.

If I recall, the Heat took that game. Lost in 5

Seth is trying to get some character. As far as I am concerned he is dead on his feet when it comes to playing center.

Seth needs to stay in the film room and away from the mic. The more film he sees the better he will have at calling out blocking assignments, something we all know he was terrible at last year. The first thing opposing teams are gonna do is try and show a lot of different fronts in an attempt to confuse Mckinney, ish, it worked last year. His garauntee means nothing, when he spouted off about RW last year I kept thinking "you're right, but what have YOU done to make this team better"

"I wouldn't say we owe something, but as far as anger, there's definitely a chip on our shoulder ... about a lot of stuff that went down in the past, so that's stuff we have on our minds," Smith said.

This comment by Wade Smith tells what they thought of the previous coaching staff and Tony Wise.... At least it's good to hear them speak out and talk with confidence, something I can't remember them doing the past 3-4 years... You can see Houck has ALREADY begun to have a metal affect on them.. Here's to continued improvement..

These guts will be better this year with the improved coaching.

HMMMMMMMM all you guys are busting on this guy and believe he will not improve, but yet most of you are the same ones that believe A.J. will improve. And A.J. was one of the bottom feeders as far as QBs go. So how can you be so confident about A.J. and Not Seth when we have One of the best(if not the best) off line coaches in the NFL, A highly regarded OC and a new HC the has the disciplin(sp?) Knowledge and seems to be just an all around outstanding Coach.

I am not saying He will become a HOF player but hey, I am willing to wait till the season is a 1/4 of the way done before passing any judgement. The same way I am willing to give A.J a 1/4 of the season to prove himself.

I am glad to see someone on our O-line take a positive attitude in public. If he starts or is a backup doesnt matter, you want your back ups to have a chip on there shoulder as well as the starters. Its funny how a lot of you are ripping him for being positive about our teams o-line. :shakeno: Would you all been happy if he came out and said the o-line is gonna suck this year. Scheme will make the all better, that is what good coaching will do for a team. Think back to the Shula Years when he would get the most out of his players because of his coaching.

Personally I'm happy to hear any player on this team be positive after last year!

Back
Top Bottom