McKnight is just taking up a Roster Spot. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKnight is just taking up a Roster Spot.

MDolphins2003

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Phins would be okay with the Five Below. But as they grow Baker & Tolver have the best chances to make it big. (Other Than C.C.)

1) Chambers
2) Thompson
3) Baker
4) Tolver
5) Newsome

The Phins do not need McKnight as much as McKnight needs the Phins. He is just taking up a roster spot that could have been filled by a young talent WR. The Phins have the deep threat in Chambers. They have Thompson for the 1st down grabs. So get the young guys in the game. The Phins WR's overseas are tearing it up. So give them a chance to learn the game as the #3-5 spots. If the Phins land OG then Newsome is going to have to win the role as a KR guy. That would mean that Rogers is a goner. The Phins have a very good group of young talent. Let's just hope that they pan out for the best. If OG does not come in then McKnight & Thompson had better play well. Because next years WR core will be tight.

C.C. ~ Bright Star.
Tolver ~ Just seems to be a better OG.
Baker ~ Talented enough to win the #2 NEXT SEASON.
Newsome ~ I like his size and his Special Team Plays.

Thompson ~ If he plays better than OG did he is in. If not see ya.

McKnight ~ He is a goner.

i would really be happy if that mcknight bashing would finally stop, considering how badly we treated him last season, he was still the most dangerous receiver out there in a phin uniform

baker will never be our 2nd receiver, no way

" The Phins do not need McKnight as much as McKnight needs the Phins. "

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What are you smoking? Both Baker and Newsome will not make this team and just because they are good in NFLE does not mean they will even be decent 4th Stringers in the NFL.....and Tolver seems to be a better OG, says who? We have not even seen him on the field during a game. McKnight is a good WR, and one of Fiedler's main targets. He broke out when we used him last year and was best WR last year. He is a good started and a good 3rd Down in the slot WR too, so unless he falls down to 4th string WR, then he deserves to be on this team.

McKnight isn't that bad. His hands are underrated! Baker as a#3? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Also just because Newsome makes good returns against people who are on the bench (sorriest of sorriest) on kick returns how does that compare to Rogers who HAS lead the league in this subject and has been consistent. Baker....a good # 2 next year! Pwahahahahahahaahah! Baker has struggled to make this team every year, even behind Dedric Ward....lol I rest my case.

McKnight was good last year when he played. Of course, everyone only remembers the season before that, and not the improvements made last year.

Personally I think that McKnight is overrated, and as for the behind Dedric Ward comment...Well wasnt McKnight a healthy scratch while Ward played last year??? Sorry I couldnt resist, but even though I think he should go I dont think the Nfl europe guys are the answer. I wish we had another option at wr right now, cuz theres no way McKnight is worth what he's getting paid. I just hope that Thompson takes away most of McKnight's playing time. This of course is my opinion and I'm not goin to bother to argue anymore with anyone on this board about McKnight. Whatever happens lets go Fins and if McKnight proves me wrong then even better.

/me yawns

We just did this topic last week. Let the media driven fools keep dribbling on (and you know you are. If it weren't for the Baltimore game not a SINGLE one of you would have an opinion right now). Some people need to face up and realize that McKnight got screwed by O.G's whining and the coaches mistakes in assessing the WR's in Norv's system. Whatever though......just the same coaching staff that demoted Minor for Edwards which was another brilliant move.

Why argue with someone who thinks Baker could win a position with this team.

Mcknight ain't the greatest but he did come on late last year and when he hold on to the ball he can make some plays. Baker as a number #3? He probably won't even make the team and if he does it'll be as the return man/5th WR.

Originally posted by MDolphins2003
The Phins would be okay with the Five Below. But as they grow Baker & Tolver have the best chances to make it big. (Other Than C.C.)

1) Chambers
2) Thompson
3) Baker
4) Tolver
5) Newsome

The Phins do not need McKnight as much as McKnight needs the Phins. He is just taking up a roster spot that could have been filled by a young talent WR. The Phins have the deep threat in Chambers. They have Thompson for the 1st down grabs. So get the young guys in the game. The Phins WR's overseas are tearing it up. So give them a chance to learn the game as the #3-5 spots. If the Phins land OG then Newsome is going to have to win the role as a KR guy. That would mean that Rogers is a goner. The Phins have a very good group of young talent. Let's just hope that they pan out for the best. If OG does not come in then McKnight & Thompson had better play well. Because next years WR core will be tight.

C.C. ~ Bright Star.
Tolver ~ Just seems to be a better OG.
Baker ~ Talented enough to win the #2 NEXT SEASON.
Newsome ~ I like his size and his Special Team Plays.

Thompson ~ If he plays better than OG did he is in. If not see ya.

McKnight ~ He is a goner.

LMAO~~!!!!

It looks to me like you drew a perfect picture for the passing game to fail.

Two Wr's who have never played a down in the NFL, one who has been fighting for 4 years just to crack a lineup on day one, and you want Mac gone?

Please tell me this post is a joke.

If McKnight is beaten out in training camp and preseason I will be happy. That is only because the reciever would be better then McKnight.

I really don't see that happening

Only problem I see with McKnight is he drops the ball a tad more then he should and he dropped some easy grabs (although he made some hard ones).

Who doesn't?

The only problem I have w/ McKnight is his salary. He did play well last year, but is he woth his $1.9M salary cap figure. I say no!

Cut/Trade McDrop
Sign OG or silimal June 1 WR for close to NFL min
Use extra $800K to get a backup LT like Webb

1. Chambers
2. Thompson
3. OG
4. Tolver

:thewave:

As much as I never did like McKnight, Baker as a #3? Please shoot me. If we did that, we would easily have the worse WR corp in the league. EVERYONE's would be better.

Back
Top Bottom